BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Strong not Strong on Texas

Just what you probably did NOT want to hear from your new 1st year Head Coach. Teas HC Charlie Strong, responding to a question about how good Texas will be this season said this: ""There's no reason for us not to be. Now, I can't tell you how soon it's going to be. Don't hold me to that. Don't say, 'Ooh, coach said next year we'll be in the national ...' We will not be in the national championship game."

That is what Texas alum's want to hear. We will eventually get good, but not this year. Not only that, Strong has no idea when they will be good enough to be considered in the hunt. I thought this was a bad hire to begin with, and here is just more proof of it. His statement is fine for some mediocre team like Texas Tech, but NOT Texas, where they are expected to contend every season.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Thread dead as a fukkin hammer

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Or as dead as Fresno State is going to be when they come to Los Angeles on 8/30. I DARE you to show up for that game. Normally people overlook gays out here, but in your case, we will make an exception. Bring your Obamacare card with you.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Or as dead as Fresno State is going to be when they come to Los Angeles on 8/30. I DARE you to show up for that game. Normally people overlook gays out here, but in your case, we will make an exception. Bring your Obamacare card with you.