John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

LSU-Alabama SHOWDOWN with John Ryan

This is going to be awesome week for all College Football fans as the two best teams in the land go head-to-head to determine, who is the best team in the nation. Even the loser may not be completely eliminated from the BCS Championship based on the remaining schedules. The winner could actually be in position to lose the SEC Championship game and still be ranked second and play for the BCS. I think these two teams have distanced themselves ahead of the rest of the field. Boise State has a 'strength of opponent' problem and Clemson is done with their loss Saturday. Stanford? Well, it took OT to defeat a freshman laced SC team Saturday. Oklahoma clearly showed they are a very good team with Saturday's blowout winner of K-State. A lot to discuss and debate so let's get right to it and start the thread with who you think will win this big showdown and what two teams will end up playing for the BCS Championship.

John Ryan

To Recap last weeks plays in CFB: 5-0 ATS with 5* Side Selections

5* winner Troy university
    5* winner Pittsburgh
    5* winner Nebraska
    5* winner 'UNDER' Nebraska
    5* winner Oklahoma

2* parlay Nebraska/UNDER wins 5.30* units
    3* Teaser Nebraska/UNDER Win
    3* Teaser Oklahoma/UNDER loses
    2* Parlay Oklahoma/Under loses
    Net profit on Parlays = 2.30 units
    Overall weekly profit = 27.30 * units.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

With little or no competition from the SEC East, the winner of this game will play in, and win the SEC title. The ONLY question is whether or not they run the table. LSU sill hosts Arkansas, and Alabama has a date at Auburn, so there are no guarantees, but it certainly appears that the winner goes to the NC game. Boise State needs everyone else to lose to get intp the Big game. If Oklahoma State or Stanford runs the table, they will advance. If both do, I give the edge to Oklahoma State based on their schedule.

thortada
    thortada's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey john, i've been following you through your NFL plays and have been reading up all your articles and insights for the weekly college game but where do you post your college game picks? i see a new thread weekly focused on one game but is there a thread that posts your college picks?

cjjohn11
    cjjohn11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    To Recap last weeks plays in CFB: 5-0 ATS with 5* Side Selections

5* winner Troy university
    5* winner Pittsburgh
    5* winner Nebraska
    5* winner 'UNDER' Nebraska
    5* winner Oklahoma

2* parlay Nebraska/UNDER wins 5.30* units
    3* Teaser Nebraska/UNDER Win
    3* Teaser Oklahoma/UNDER loses
    2* Parlay Oklahoma/Under loses
    Net profit on Parlays = 2.30 units
    Overall weekly profit = 27.30 * units.
    John,
    I have a hard time finding the threads you post picks in sometimes. Did you release these somewhere? What's the best way to find your picks? Keep checking the threads? Thanks for the picks so far, you're awesome.

joeytunes
    joeytunes's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by cjjohn11 View Post
    John,
    I have a hard time finding the threads you post picks in sometimes. Did you release these somewhere? What's the best way to find your picks? Keep checking the threads? Thanks for the picks so far, you're awesome.
    They are articles; not threads. I will send out the links for all fo the 5* CFB plays and articles on this thread each day they are written.

smflanagan
    smflanagan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Thanks John! I can't wait to read over this weeks articles.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by thortada View Post
    hey john, i've been following you through your NFL plays and have been reading up all your articles and insights for the weekly college game but where do you post your college game picks? i see a new thread weekly focused on one game but is there a thread that posts your college picks?
    I will keep you posted of all plays released through articles right here this week. Thanks. There will be a College Football thread set-up to re-cap plays as well starting soon. But, for now simply check back here.

pc2006mg
    pc2006mg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

John,

Any thoughts on tonight's games??

John Ryan

I like FSU and central Florida no more than three stars

pc2006mg

Great! Thanks....

jmathes
    jmathes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I like FSU and central Florida no more than three stars

John, whats your take on Texas A&M and Oklahoma? You started a thread but never followed up on it.

John Ryan

I truly don't see how LSU will manage any type of run presence. The Alabama linebackers are huge extremely quick and disciplined. I am beginning to think I should increase my bet to 7 or 10 stars. 10 stars are 2-0 in the NFL and have not yet released one in cfb.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

I truly don't see how LSU will manage any type of run presence. The Alabama linebackers are huge extremely quick and disciplined. I am beginning to think I should increase my bet to 7 or 10 stars. 10 stars are 2-0 in the NFL and have not yet released one in cfb.

Have you not seen LSU's fullback? Have you not seen the true-freshman Hilliard? Believe me, it won't be as difficult as you make it seem.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

How come LSU ran on them last year ?

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    How come LSU ran on them last year ?

....without a passing game no less. Now they have a passing game, dual threat qb, and run game.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

The problem is you people are druling over Bama players like LSU players are some punks. You people are not respecting LSU and I love it!

Come Saturday night you'll be a believer

moodyt2
    Roll Tide
    moodyt2's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU sucks

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by moodyt2 View Post
    LSU sucks
    Nice one! Alright! Cool!

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

FYI: Did you know that LSU has more interceptions than completions allowed in passes for 10 yds or more?

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

John,

Good work on covering the game. I like Alabama and the 'under'. It's going to be a great game.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Hey John, inbox me and I will give you more info on this game. Just a little more food for thought. You are having a great season my friend. Keep up the good work.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jmathes View Post
    John, whats your take on Texas A&M and Oklahoma? You started a thread but never followed up on it.
    he likes Okla

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

The over is the only play..

game could be a blowout either way

king3chaz
    king3chaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    The over is the only play..

game could be a blowout either way
    No way...It's going to be a defensive game 19-12 bama

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by king3chaz View Post
    No way...It's going to be a defensive game 19-12 bama
    every time there is a game that is supposed to be "defensive" it becomes a big scoring game

pc2006mg

John,

Any plays for tonight??? When will plays for tomorrow be up??

John Ryan

They will be up by 10 PM ET tonight for any 5* CFB plays and NFL will be up at 7:00 PM ET on the NFL Thread.

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad to see CBASS is on LSU .

pc2006mg

Thanks John! Looking forward to a good weekend...... GL

DanoRoo
    DanoRoo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    every time there is a game that is supposed to be "defensive" it becomes a big scoring game
    Not this game. There will be fewer than 42 scored here.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    FYI: Did you know that LSU has more interceptions than completions allowed in passes for 10 yds or more?
    Against WHO? They've faced ONE quality QB this season in Geno Smith (463 passing yards vs LSU), compared to 3 rookie QBs (Matt Simms (Tennessee), Jacoby Brisset (Florida), Moseley/Frazier (Auburn). Take out Smith and the FCS team and LSU's opponents are only putting up 191 yards per game on the season, so I think it's pretty fair to say LSU's secondary has not really been challenged yet.

By comparison, McCarron is averaging 228ypg against teams allowing 207ypg. Not that I'm saying McCarron is a stud QB, but he's better than the majority of the opponents LSU has faced this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Now they have a passing game, dual threat qb, and run game.
    Do they? LSU is putting up 183 passing yards per game (100th in FBS) against opponents allowing 199 per game. Even if you blame that low total on LSU being a run-heavy offense, LSU is putting up 372 ypg of total offense against teams allowing 358ypg. Their run game is good for 189ypg (30th in FBS) against opponents allowing 159ypg for 4.3ypc (54th in FBS). That's not that impressive for an elite team.

By comparison, Alabama is running for 229ypg (14th in FBS) against opponents allowing 154ypg and 5.8ypc (6th in FBS).

If you want to talk defense, Alabama is allowing opponents 181 ypg in total offense vs teams that average 323ypg of offense. LSU is allowing 251 ypg against teams that normally put up 382ypg. A differential of +142 for Alabama and +131 for LSU. Virtually dead even. So for all the talk about how good LSU's defense is, Alabama's defense is just as good in total defense, and better than LSU's in many key statistics.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-04-11 at 10:18 PM.

bigkrezca32
    bigkrezca32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Against WHO? They've faced ONE quality QB this season in Geno Smith (463 passing yards vs LSU), compared to 3 rookie QBs (Matt Simms (Tennessee), Jacoby Brisset (Florida), Moseley/Frazier (Auburn). Take out Smith and the FCS team and LSU's opponents are only putting up 191 yards per game on the season, so I think it's pretty fair to say LSU's secondary has not really been challenged yet.

By comparison, McCarron is averaging 228ypg against teams allowing 207ypg. Not that I'm saying McCarron is a stud QB, but he's better than the majority of the opponents LSU has faced this year.

Do they? LSU is putting up 183 passing yards per game (100th in FBS) against opponents allowing 199 per game. Even if you blame that low total on LSU being a run-heavy offense, LSU is putting up 372 ypg of total offense against teams allowing 358ypg. Their run game is good for 189ypg (30th in FBS) against opponents allowing 159ypg for 4.3ypc (54th in FBS). That's not that impressive for an elite team.

By comparison, Alabama is running for 229ypg (14th in FBS) against opponents allowing 154ypg and 5.8ypc (6th in FBS).

If you want to talk defense, Alabama is allowing opponents 181 ypg in total offense vs teams that average 323ypg of offense. LSU is allowing 251 ypg against teams that normally put up 382ypg. A differential of +142 for Alabama and +131 for LSU. Virtually dead even. So for all the talk about how good LSU's defense is, Alabama's defense is just as good in total defense, and better than LSU's in many key statistics.

For those of you that trust in the advanced efficiency stats, ALB is #1 in SP+ Rush D, #14 is SP+ pass D, #1 in SP+ total D. LSU is #2 in all those categories.

Of course, ALB is also #2 in offensive rush efficiency, #8 pass efficiency, #3 total offense efficiency. That offense, combine with home field, is what makes Alabama the play.

adrenalinerush
    adrenalinerush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7904

John,
    Where will your picks be posted? I'm looking here, I'm looking in the Oklahoma thread, I'm looking in the articles, and I'm looking in the NFL thread, and I don't see them. Looks like you're on Bama, Oklahoma, Kansas State, KS parlay w/Over, and UAB.

Am I missing anyhting?

Thanks for the picks!

12 Last