ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sakara is going to KTFO Chris Weidman

Sakara +190? Are you fukking kidding me? Yeah yeah yeah, so this Weidman guy was an All-American wrestler and has shown in his WHOPPING 4 FIGHTS that he has some pretty decent standup, but Sakara is a different level MMA artist at this point in Weidman's career. If Weidman thinks he can stand and trade with the Italian boxer, it will be a quick and painful fight for the wrestler. I see Weidman testing his standup skills early on, and eventually getting clipped a few times before he gives it up and goes for the takedown. Whether he gets it or not, it simply will not matter. Sakara's fist will find Weidman's chin at some point in the fight, and the wrestler will not know how to respond. It is simply too early in his career to take on a budding Alessio Sakara. I cannot believe the odds here. Guys, you are getting almost 2-1 here. Take the live dog here in Sakara and thank me later.

thesox0311
    thesox0311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Weidman will absolutely dominate with his takedowns and ground game. I dont think he will try and stand with Sakara at all. He will however take him down early and often.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

I have peeled off some of my initial Weidman play at -135. Probably fully scalp before fight. Weidman has questions making UFC debut so early in his career, but Sakara has never faced a wrestler of his caliber. While Leites had trouble keeping Sakara down if I recall correctly, Leites doesnt have the strongest takedowns. However, coming from ATT, you would figure Sakara gonna get enough looks from explosive wrestlers.

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

based on credentials sakara will go down, fight will start standing no doubt. just a lil risky here to bet on. same comment on being a newbie was said on jon jones vs vera no?

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Sakara will be fighting off his back most of the fight, until he is no longer conscious.
    At first I considered making a play on Sakara w/ that tempting line... but then I realized he's going to get worked.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan300 View Post
    based on credentials sakara will go down, fight will start standing no doubt. just a lil risky here to bet on. same comment on being a newbie was said on jon jones vs vera no?

Jon Jones was not making his UFC debut against Vera. I am not recommending anyone play Sakara though.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan300 View Post
    Jon Jones had already somewhat proven himself in the Octagon at that point though. Remember, he had already beaten Stephan Bonner up pretty badly via unanimous decision and submitted a pretty savvy Jake O'Brien. This Weidman guy has good wrestling/abu dhabi credentials, but is relatively unproven in an MMA rules fight. He definitely does have the advantage on the ground, but Sakara's takedown defense is not something to completely overlook here. I really don't see Weidman being able to just go right in and shoot and get the takedown. He is going to have to set it up somehow. This is where Sakara will be dangerous. The inexperience of Weidman is the main reason I like Sakara here. There will be lots of opportunities for Sakara to put Weidman away.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

After watching footage on Weidman, I'm staying away from this fight... no-play for me.

(keep in mind, I only found a couple fights to view)

Couple things of concern:
    1) Willingness to engage in stand-up; not crazy about that if wrestling/subs are his forte...
    2) Saw a few nice takedowns and a trip; but all from close range (see item 1). Appears to rely on closing the distance before getting the fight to the ground, and I didn't see any impressive TD shots from him. To use Chairib's favorite term... didn't look all that "explosive".
    3) As pointed out - high profile debut / jitters.

GL to all regardless.

Was gonna parlay Weidman with Tim Kennedy in a Puncher's Chance Fade Parlay, but holding off on that...

Vulcan300

this is cutting it close i have no play yet, just won on snake but... certain people u can't stop once they get a hold of ya, e.g ben ashkren. no mma experience but his div I transferred very nicely.

i'm still a no play, tho if you want to compare mark munoz... his wrestling didn't translate too well. i mean he gets stuffed all the time..

i like sakara's striking.. but he if gives up a leg or lets wierdman have 2 arms locked.. it's gonna be bad.

Vulcan300

dam! stuffing those TDs!

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

raw real raw he took 3rd in Ncaa championships i was sure he would have better takedowns... sure enough nice single leg... this fights over that cut is leaking bad

Vulcan300

spoke too soon, looks bad now + the cut.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

LOL @ Sakara wiping his bloody head on the refs shirt. Love it.

teaserpleaser

Guess not Dr didnt seem too think much of the cut

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    LOL @ Sakara wiping his bloody head on the refs shirt. Love it.
    was a nice veteran move

Vulcan300

looks like 80% wiedman backers take this.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Sakara didn't have much for Weidman after the 1st rd. Looks like a 29-28 win to me.

teaserpleaser

29-28?

thesox0311
    thesox0311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

this kids gonna be special

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    29-28?
    That was being generous giving Sakara the first rd. Apparently the judges got it right all the way around this time.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by thesox0311 View Post
    this kids gonna be special
    If this kid wasn't so hyped already, he'd be making us easy money.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Really underestimated this kid's standup. His boxing seemed pretty solid considering how long he's been training it. Covers up very well and has a very nice jab. The elbow was a tad lucky, but that's part of the sport. Congrats Weidman backers, this kid COULD be for real.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Forgot to mention, I don't understand the judges 30-27. Sakara clearly won the first round by landing solid combinations/stuffing every single takedown. I guess the stupid fukkin judges saw that tiny bs cut on the eye and gave first round to Weidman.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    Forgot to mention, I don't understand the judges 30-27. Sakara clearly won the first round by landing solid combinations/stuffing every single takedown. I guess the stupid fukkin judges saw that tiny bs cut on the eye and gave first round to Weidman.
    I was thinking the same thing. Sakara landed multiple solid combos, as Rogan pointed with several of his "niiiiice" comments... and Weidman grabbed a leg a few times...