Juve11
    Juve11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Diaz v Maynard

This is unbeleivable odds for Diaz in this fight. This fight goes one of two ways:

Lay and pray Maynard decison just like Guida and Stevens (Diaz learnt alot from those fights) or

Diaz by submission.

This is a bad match up for the highly overrated Maynard who I like but he is overhyped.

Diaz is awsome on the ground and has a huge height advantage (6ft to 5.8ft) and although doesent have knock out power he punches in bunches. Maynard wont be able to knock out Nate who has an awsome chin (Melvin Gulliard hit him flush and has knock out power and he wasnt even dazed) and Maynard will get frustrated and take the fight to the ground with his great wrestling which will be a HUGE mistake.

Nate already has a V over Maynard aswell. I know people will say Mayanard has improved which he has but so has Nate and dont forget he is training with Jack Sheilds probably the best pure MMA wrestler.

I am not calling this a lock but you can get +260 which is a great play for the odds.

Anyway there my thoughts, good luck if you take this play.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Diaz can outstrike him on the feet too.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

love this play as well

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2410

anyone have link to their fight on TUF?

TheIceman
    TheIceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://mmavideolinks.to/fighter-vide...y-maynard.html

But Maynard's boxing has improved in leaps and bounds , doubt he will plan to go for many takedowns , where he can just stay on his feet and score with power punches over Nate's pillow jabs . Also Maynard gassed there and got reversed , didn't see him having cardio issues in UFC .

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

will watch but i dont have any interest in ever watching a maynard fight. lol i usually go do something and come back in the 3rd round just to prove a point that he never finishes and isnt exciting.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

I like the value on Diaz, I just have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that Maynard might knock him the **** out early or surprise me with some fight finishing Gnp...i just am having nightmares about this scenario where nate sweeps Gray, tries for a triangle, slips, Gray throws on or two huge punches, and I expect to see Nate working on the ground as usual, but Gray steps back and the camera pans in to an unconscious Nate on the ground as Joe Rogan screams WOW in the background....

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    will watch but i dont have any interest in ever watching a maynard fight. lol i usually go do something and come back in the 3rd round just to prove a point that he never finishes and isnt exciting.

i agree, maynard is boring on and off camera.

kw071
    kw071's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33

any thoughts on the other fights? i'll be there tonight

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

i see the fight playing out just like Diaz fights vs Guida/Stevenson, Maynard gives diaz no space and grinds out 2 of 3 rounds for the win.

Nomocino
    Nomocino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone know were we can watch the earlier fights live? I dont think the Chris Leben fight is on spike and other then the headliner and possibly Amirs fight this is the guy I would most like to see most always entertaining

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Stevenson actually can submit you though.... what's maynard going to do other than attempt some weak gnp?

THE_LOCKSMITH

nothing! control and top position is how he'll win it. Kurt Pellegrino was also beating Diaz until he caught him in the triangle. thats what this fight comes down to, Maynard will take him down and what are the chances that Diaz will slap on a triangle or Guillotine. If you think the chances are high than take the +260, i feel its unlikely.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Who has Maynard beat that's any good at all?
    He reminds me on Manny Gamburian only taller and whiter

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    Who has Maynard beat that's any good at all?
    He reminds me on Manny Gamburian only taller and whiter
    Roger Huerta, Jim Miller, Frankie Edgar