TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Good article: gambler fallacy and the "hot hand" (surprising data)

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, these people are called fools. betting on anything other than combat sports is so pathetic sorry to say.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Yes, these people are called fools. betting on anything other than combat sports is so pathetic sorry to say.
    Lol

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Marz has spoken.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Could be the most ignorant and dumbest comment ever posted...even more so than some of Gaberz' classics
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NunyaBidness

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Could be the most ignorant and dumbest comment ever posted...even more so than some of Gaberz' classics
    Obvious foozeball gambler

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Would love to here your reasoning? Why is betting on combat sports not pathetic, but betting on tennis for example is pathetic?

marzwoody

Would love to here your reasoning? Why is betting on combat sports not pathetic, but betting on tennis for example is pathetic?
    I don't know anything about tennis, but tennis is a one on one sport so its not so pathetic to bet on. team sports on the other hand there are so many variables, with different players its just a joke, never watch football but caught a game arsenal vs spurs the other day? competitive match and went to penalty's when even a slow person knows arsenal should of smoked them. not gonna convince you that i'm right if you haven't figured this out already.

marzwoody

But WTF do i know right? if you make tons of money on the reg betting on the foozeball then good for you i guess but is that even possible?

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

But WTF do i know right? if you make tons of money on the reg betting on the foozeball then good for you i guess but is that even possible?
    Didn't you swearoff gambling even on non-pathetic combat sports like 4 days ago?

People have had well documented success betting on major sports like NBA, NFL, NHL etc. Just becuase you can't/don't understand doesn't mean its pathetic.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I don't know anything about tennis, but tennis is a one on one sport so its not so pathetic to bet on. team sports on the other hand there are so many variables, with different players its just a joke, never watch football but caught a game arsenal vs spurs the other day? competitive match and went to penalty's when even a slow person knows arsenal should of smoked them. not gonna convince you that i'm right if you haven't figured this out already.
    Arsenal went to penalties against Wigan, not Spurs. Wigan are the FA Cup holders, they beat Man City in the final last season, Arsenal had a load of injuries and had been in poor form, wasnt tht surprising at all tht they didnt smoke them, I even bet on under 2.5 goals because i was confident tht it would be a tight game. The fact that you are using tht as an example despite admitting you dont even watch football just highlights how ridiculous your argument is!

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    Didn't you swearoff gambling even on non-pathetic combat sports like 4 days ago?

People have had well documented success betting on major sports like NBA, NFL, NHL etc. Just becuase you can't/don't understand doesn't mean its pathetic.
    Wah Wah Wah dry your eyes princess. i don't like the crappy sports you like, and think its pathetic to bet on. anyone with two brain cells knows, your way more likely to win money on a 1 on 1 sport then team based sports. now provide a well constructed argument why i'm wrong (which would be hilarious btw) or suck my mandingo, this is the MMA section.

marzwoody

Arsenal went to penalties against Wigan, not Spurs. Wigan are the FA Cup holders, they beat Man City in the final last season, Arsenal had a load of injuries and had been in poor form, wasnt tht surprising at all tht they didnt smoke them, I even bet on under 2.5 goals because i was confident tht it would be a tight game. The fact that you are using tht as an example despite admitting you dont even watch football just highlights how ridiculous your argument is!
    So there's two teams of players and you know exactly the amount one team will score? shit son you should open your own psychic hotline!

Wilbo86

Wah Wah Wah dry your eyes princess. i don't like the crappy sports you like, and think its pathetic to bet on. anyone with two brain cells knows, your way more likely to win money on a 1 on 1 sport then team based sports. now provide a well constructed argument why i'm wrong (which would be hilarious btw) or suck my mandingo, this is the MMA section.
    More likely to win? No.

Is it easier to understand the key factors driving the outcome in a 1 on 1 sport, sure. People use high level quantitative modelling to beat team sports. This is beyond me, and obviosuly beyond you given you have such a limited understanding of whats possible in sportsbetting.

marzwoody

More likely to win? No.

Is it easier to understand the key factors driving the outcome in a 1 on 1 sport, sure. People use high level quantitative modelling to beat team sports. This is beyond me, and obviosuly beyond you given you have such a limited understanding of whats possible in sportsbetting.
    awesome. Lol so you argue for something which you cannot do. nice. you know people make a lot of money playing poker too? yep about 1% of poker players.

Wilbo86

Yes and the percentages are similiar for sportsbetting. I wasn't arguing for it, just pointing out your ignorance.

marzwoody

Yes and the percentages are similiar for sportsbetting. I wasn't arguing for it, just pointing out your ignorance.

I'm sorry was i insensitive about the tiny percent of people (not including you or I) that may or may not make big money on team sports? we are human beings a case can be made for everyone to be "ignorant" on topics they don't fully understand. Your on the losing end of this discussion- continuing any further would only prove futile, try and become nouveau riche from betting on sports outside of boxing and MMA then get back to me

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Why read an article when you can just comment on it?

marzwoody

I may or may not of used that word to impress people

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I may or may not of used that word to impress people
    I'd be more impressed if you realized "have" and "of" are not interchangeable.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Why read an article when you can just comment on it?
    I don't know i just think why not and go from there, free time to spare you know what i'm saying dawg?

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I'd be more impressed if you realized "have" and "of" are not interchangeable.
    I am from good old england. you speak my language how i write it american

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

multiple participants make successfully betting that sport impossible

when does your book come out, marzy?