Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Cavendish is oviosuly an old member with a new account. I haven't been here long enouh to figure out who he used to be though...?

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    Cavendish is oviosuly an old member with a new account. I haven't been here long enouh to figure out who he used to be though...?
    I assume that he's a newly-active member who previously lurked the forum, but that's also possible.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    It sort of touches back on the second point you made; his reasoning and mentality are those of a winning gambler. I discuss MMA bets with Nunya via PM quite often and I consider him to be pretty sharp, for whatever that's worth.

He does, however, have a thread where he posts random value lines from varying markets, and his plays are way up from what I'm aware. Welcome to the forum, by the way.
    exactly. its not about the picks, imo, you can tell more about a player from the reasoning behind the picks. in this respect you should be able to tell that nunya is one of the sharper guys around here. he's often said that he can teach a monkey to beat this game, and i can vouch for that. when i first started sportsbetting about 4 years ago, i was already knowledgeable about the fight game, but had no clue about gambling theory. nunya took my game to a whole new level. even though i'm a small timer, last year i netted over 13k with measly $25 units. i credit nunya with a big portion of my success.

also, MD, i was just reading your twitter discussion with al jermaine sterling. good stuff. he seems like a cool dude. for some reason i thought you were a little butter tooth manlet, but you're actually a big butter tooth! lmao. would you fight at HW or could you cut to LHW?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy, NunyaBidness, and GunShard

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    exactly. its not about the picks, imo, you can tell more about a player from the reasoning behind the picks. in this respect you should be able to tell that nunya is one of the sharper guys around here. he's often said that he can teach a monkey to beat this game, and i can vouch for that. when i first started sportsbetting about 4 years ago, i was already knowledgeable about the fight game, but had no clue about gambling theory. nunya took my game to a whole new level. even though i'm a small timer, last year i netted over 13k with measly $25 units. i credit nunya with a big portion of my success.

also, MD, i was just reading your twitter discussion with al jermaine sterling. good stuff. he seems like a cool dude. for some reason i thought you were a little butter tooth manlet, but you're actually a big butter tooth! lmao. would you fight at HW or could you cut to LHW?
    I wish I was as smart as a monkey.

MD

He is a really cool guy. I dunno if I could cut to LHW, I'm around 6"4 and my frame is ridiculously big. I was about 230 at 12% BF when I was in good shape, but I was more focused on being functional at that point so I wasn't particularly muscular. If I was training for a sport, I'd be much more muscular. Right now I'm in pretty terrible shape, lost a bunch of muscle mass and put on bodyfat. I had a back injury last year that took me out of the gym, and even though it's mostly cleared up right now, I've gotten used to the sitting around all day and smoking weed lifestyle. I'll probably get sick of being lazy in a few months, but right now it's exactly where I want to be.

What pieces of advice did you get that you think changed your game the most? I think my biggest breakthrough was when I started to get a good grasp of when a bet was good or bad, post fight, and why. I started looking back over my wagers and consciously considering why my wagers won or lost, and how much of an effect the fight, if any (I don't put as much stock into how a fight plays out as others do), affects my original 'capping of the fight.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I wish I was as smart as a monkey.
    I know a monkey who got a job working for MMAOB. Bit hairier than most monkeys, though.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I know a monkey who got a job working for MMAOB. Bit hairier than most monkeys, though.
    He might be the best at MMAOB.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    He might be the best at MMAOB.
    Sort of. He's a prodigy of winning, 50u in one night, but Kalikas is a slow burner, he tends to win small amounts over time, very consistently.

By "winning", I mean for 5Dimes, obviously.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

He is a really cool guy. I dunno if I could cut to LHW, I'm around 6"4 and my frame is ridiculously big. I was about 230 at 12% BF when I was in good shape, but I was more focused on being functional at that point so I wasn't particularly muscular. If I was training for a sport, I'd be much more muscular. Right now I'm in pretty terrible shape, lost a bunch of muscle mass and put on bodyfat. I had a back injury last year that took me out of the gym, and even though it's mostly cleared up right now, I've gotten used to the sitting around all day and smoking weed lifestyle. I'll probably get sick of being lazy in a few months, but right now it's exactly where I want to be.

What pieces of advice did you get that you think changed your game the most? I think my biggest breakthrough was when I started to get a good grasp of when a bet was good or bad, post fight, and why. I started looking back over my wagers and consciously considering why my wagers won or lost, and how much of an effect the fight, if any (I don't put as much stock into how a fight plays out as others do), affects my original 'capping of the fight.
    i dont want to go into specifics. most of the knowledge he's passed on has been in private, and i dont want to violate the trust we've established. also, lawyer-client privilege.

but speaking generally, when i started sportsbetting, it was all about "picking winnerz" like most of the newbs that join the forum. i learned very quickly that there's so much more to this than simply picking winnerz. a winning bet can be a bad bet, and vice versa (something that you touched on recently, and a concept that many beginners have a hard time grasping). he also taught me that a basic understanding of maff can improve your game exponentially (another concept that beginnerz and gaberz alike have a hard time grasping). simple things like understanding that parlays are not magic. line shopping. i can go on and on, but again, don't want to give away too many secrets.

you're a big dude. sound more like a ben rothwell than cain, though.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

MD

i dont want to go into specifics. most of the knowledge he's passed on has been in private, and i dont want to violate the trust we've established. also, lawyer-client privilege.

but speaking generally, when i started sportsbetting, it was all about "picking winnerz" like most of the newbs that join the forum. i learned very quickly that there's so much more to this than simply picking winnerz. a winning bet can be a bad bet, and vice versa (something that you touched on recently, and a concept that many beginners have a hard time grasping). he also taught me that a basic understanding of maff can improve your game exponentially (another concept that beginnerz and gaberz alike have a hard time grasping). simple things like understanding that parlays are not magic. line shopping. i can go on and on, but again, don't want to give away too many secrets.

you're a big dude. sound more like a ben rothwell than cain, though.

Coincidentally, when I was working out I was very much about the genetic aspect of it, I tried to look for guys who had similar frames to mine, closest I could find in MMA was Cormier (not to compare myself to Cormier physically, he's in way better shape than I am). I'm taller than him and his shoulders are a bit wider, but our bone structures are very similar and our hips/wrists/ankles are about as close to a match as I've found. Unfortunately, I don't like Cormier's frame at all. I'd actually love to have Mir's body.

Excellent physique aesthetically and not too hard to maintain as his bodyfat isn't particularly low. I could never look like that, though, hips are too wide and my muscle distribution is significantly different.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

I'd actually love to have Mir's body.
    ... nvm, too easy.

MD

... nvm, too easy.
    Do you pay any attention at all? V and I spend $1400 on ladyboys nightly cuz, ain't got time for bulky men. Besides, we'd probably KO him with our girth.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

what the hell am I reading? a bunch of men talking about their physiques lol why dont you guys start rubbing some baby oil on each others bodies.

but yeah back on topic I too have realized that its not "free money" and that you do actually have to research and work out how the fights will play out and variance happens all the time. Sometimes the best bet is to not take a bet.

When I first got into it, I thought it was easy, until the guy that lost on my parlay was not the underdogs but the big favorites like wtf?

Then I realized that even if a fighter is a huge favorite you need to cap the fight before the odds come out and dont let the odds tell you what to think. At the end of the day those odds are just a number which a large group of people think is deserving. Groups of people always get things wrong, we thought the world was flat years ago and smoking wasent bad once upon a time. .

And on the other hand, sometimes you over think bets and confuse yourself too much, this tends to be a big problem for me, for example I think fighter A stands very little chance to lose his fight, but as soon as I put a large sum of money on him, its like his chances of winning has lessened, but in reality this is not true at all. And his chances stay the same regardless of how much money I put on him.

I also have a self doubt problem, its like I cant believe how good I am sometimes and subconsciously think "the public cant be that stupid" "I cant be the only one who sees an edge here, im not that good" ..so I doubt myself. The recent Cerrone bet was a perfect example of this, for days I was thinking how the penetrate is cerrone an underdog? He should be a favorite here but never pulled the trigger because I didnit think I was good enough of a capper. But on the contrary sometimes this self doubt has helped me out by avoiding losing bets so I cant complain too much.

Another thing Ive learned is to never expose yourself too much, no matter how sure you think you are, bankroll management is key. Always assume that you are going to lose your bet. What can go wrong, will go wrong.

And also, dont latch on to regrets, you can never go back in time so dont worry about it, just learn from the mistakes and move along.
    I always regret "man he was a lock should have had more on him" but you will be sorry when that time comes when he will lose, and trust me it will come.

so, good luck guys!

MD

Quote Originally Posted by rosietop View Post
    what the hell am I reading? a bunch of men talking about their physiques lol why dont you guys start rubbing some baby oil on each others bodies.

but yeah back on topic I too have realized that its not "free money" and that you do actually have to research and work out how the fights will play out and variance happens all the time. Sometimes the best bet is to not take a bet.

When I first got into it, I thought it was easy, until the guy that lost on my parlay was not the underdogs but the big favorites like wtf?

Then I realized that even if a fighter is a huge favorite you need to cap the fight before the odds come out and dont let the odds tell you what to think. At the end of the day those odds are just a number which a large group of people think is deserving. Groups of people always get things wrong, we thought the world was flat years ago and smoking wasent bad once upon a time. .

And on the other hand, sometimes you over think bets and confuse yourself too much, this tends to be a big problem for me, for example I think fighter A stands very little chance to lose his fight, but as soon as I put a large sum of money on him, its like his chances of winning has lessened, but in reality this is not true at all. And his chances stay the same regardless of how much money I put on him.

I also have a self doubt problem, its like I cant believe how good I am sometimes and subconsciously think "the public cant be that stupid" "I cant be the only one who sees an edge here, im not that good" ..so I doubt myself. The recent Cerrone bet was a perfect example of this, for days I was thinking how the penetrate is cerrone an underdog? He should be a favorite here but never pulled the trigger because I didnit think I was good enough of a capper. But on the contrary sometimes this self doubt has helped me out by avoiding losing bets so I cant complain too much.

Another thing Ive learned is to never expose yourself too much, no matter how sure you think you are, bankroll management is key. Always assume that you are going to lose your bet. What can go wrong, will go wrong.

And also, dont latch on to regrets, you can never go back in time so dont worry about it, just learn from the mistakes and move along.
    I always regret "man he was a lock should have had more on him" but you will be sorry when that time comes when he will lose, and trust me it will come.

so, good luck guys!
    Way ahead of you.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    The problem is your attitude towards sportsbetting. First you claim that because you are losing, it's impossible to correctly play the lines the bookeys put out. Later, you backtrack and claim you were losing because you weren't giving it your best. You designed both arguments to protect your ego.

If you want to move forward with this, it's important to realize that you suck right now, but that you can get better if you study the bets of more successful cappers, and especially the reasoning behind the bets. Something this forum thoroughly lacks these days, because everyone that posts (losing) analyses/picks gets spewed out by the legions of gutter retards on here.

Why's that? Don't get me wrong.. I enjoy his posts a lot, in part because he's one of the few on here whose writing style suggests any form of education. Paragraphs motherfuckers! That being said, it's not as if he's posting his picks for all to see, so as far as I'm concerned his presumed success is all theoretical.
    Whats that Mr fake account? its pretty simple why iv'e been losing, because crazy outcomes have been happening, and i haven't been studying footage and investing much thought as i have better things to do, its as simple as that. haha weirdo.

marzwoody

Last edited by marzwoody; 04-21-14 at 11:42 AM.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    This post originally said "if you think I'm saying that just because I'm losing that no one else can win, that's silly and asinine", but with worse grammar, obviously.

Betting on fights is silly.. no one has a crystal ball, no one knows the outcomes.. you can study footage until your head hurts if you wish, And look at stats, doesn't mean shit. i have been taking a beating lately and losing past few events like most other people i have seen post there picks on forum.. the over/ under round props have more success but really? your making chump change with that shit. no one is making life changing money betting on MMA.. just a bunch of bums that may or may not make money on somebody else's achievements. The only decent way is to bet a large amount on a fighter your very confident in winning. betting on events every two weeks like most on this forum (parlays etc) is for the birds / people who like losing money, it ruins the fights aswell as your invested in one fighter winning for your own interest instead of just enjoying the fight as it is. Just speaking the truth. and this variance you gamblers speak of is nothing more then an illusion designed to make you feel like you have some kind of control over how things turn out, (which you don't) Just felt like writing this.

Peace!
    I'm glad you edited that pal.

Cavendish
    Cavendish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Whats that Mr fake account? its pretty simple why iv'e been losing, because crazy outcomes have been happening, and i haven't been studying footage and investing much thought as i have better things to do, its as simple as that. haha weirdo.
    Another common thing on this forum; everyone is so damn paranoid. I'm a long time lurker (thank you for the welcome MD) who made a handful of posts way back.. and I honestly couldn't be bothered recovering my original account details.

I'd go over why crazy outcomes shouldn't have a significant impact over the long run, but you seem to stubborn/stupid to take it in anyway, so I'm not going to waste my valuable time. Lastly, for someone who claims to 'have better things' to do, you seem like an awefully active poster on here. In my experience, when guys just troll an internet forum, and take no real part in the productive proces that emerges from its content, it usually indicates a sad life involving a lot of tissues & porn.

Then again, there isn't much analysis to be had here any way, so I guess Kleenex does good business in this forum member group.
    Last edited by Cavendish; 04-21-14 at 11:53 AM.

marzwoody

This post originally said "if you think I'm saying that just because I'm losing that no one else can win, that's silly and asinine", but with worse grammar, obviously.

I'm glad you edited that pal.
    KK have fun smoking weed and getting fat while on this forum all the time, also correcting peoples grammar is if any man with two balls would give a penetrate what there grammar is like, as long as you can understand what is written, well i'm gonna go for a jog fatboy.

MD

KK have fun smoking weed and getting fat while on this forum all the time, also correcting peoples grammar is if any man with two balls would give a penetrate what there grammar is like, as long as you can understand what is written, well i'm gonna go for a jog fatboy.
    Yes, I am fat because I post on SBR and smoke weed. But I will have fun with that, thanks bro.

If we raced, you'd fall down five minutes in and say "i have bettor things to do with my time than this silly shit, thats so asinyne".

MD

Another common thing on this forum; everyone is so damn paranoid. I'm a long time lurker (thank you for the welcome MD) who made a handful of posts way back.. and I honestly couldn't be bothered recovering my original account details.

I'd go over why crazy outcomes shouldn't have a significant impact over the long run, but you seem to stubborn/stupid to take it in anyway, so I'm not going to waste my valuable time. Lastly, for someone who claims to 'have better things' to do, you seem like an awefully active poster on here. In my experience, when guys just troll an internet forum, and take no real part in the productive proces that emerges from its content, it usually indicates a sad life involving a lot of tissues & porn.

Then again, there isn't much analysis to be had here any way, so I guess Kleenex does good business in this forum member group.
    I like you already. Welcome indeed.

marzwoody

You sound like your talking from experience. only weak minded people who feel threatened by someone else's intelligence, insult another persons intelligence, that is just laziness and wasted energy- instead you just succeed in making yourself seem insecure and incapable of taking part in a discussion.

Cavendish

nunya took my game to a whole new level. even though i'm a small timer, last year i netted over 13k with measly $25 units. i credit nunya with a big portion of my success.
    Impressive numbers. I have double your unit size, and barely a quarter of that profit over 2013. Can I assume here that you bet on other sports beside boxing/mma as well? If not, you might be the best capper on here, given the small number of UFC events..

MD

You sound like your talking from experience. only weak minded people who feel threatened by someone else's intelligence, insult another persons intelligence, that is just laziness and wasted energy- instead you just succeed in making yourself seem insecure and incapable of taking part in a discussion.
    Some hilarious irony going on in this thread. It's almost like you're having an intervention for yourself but pretending you're talking to someone else.

MD

Impressive numbers. I have double your unit size, and barely a quarter of that profit over 2013. Can I assume here that you bet on other sports beside boxing/mma as well? If not, you might be the best capper on here, given the small number of UFC events..
    He makes up for it in girth.

marzwoody

Yes, I am fat because I post on SBR and smoke weed. But I will have fun with that, thanks bro.

If we raced, you'd fall down five minutes in and say "i have bettor things to do with my time than this silly shit, thats so asinyne".
    Your back would prob start hurting after 5 seconds. i don't race fatboys. my bodytype was built for running, your bodytype was built for Keyboard and Burger King.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

... nvm, too easy.
    Lmao was about to post exact same thing!

MD

Your back would prob start hurting after 5 seconds. i don't race fatboys. my bodytype was built for running, your bodytype was built for Keyboard and Burger King.
    So was your mouth.

My bodytype was made for squatz and deadliftz, son, get on my level.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

oh yea, that absolutely includes other sports (mainly mma/nfl/nba). i doubt i'm anywhere close to being the best capper on here. unfortunately i just dont have the time to put in the necessary work.

marzwoody

So was your mouth.

My bodytype was made for squatz and deadliftz, son, get on my level.
    Yeah i'm sure that would help you in any type of situation, you would gas out and start crying in a walking dead type scenario To be honest you would probably all ready of given up when you realize the internet is down and you cant access SBRforum

MD

Yeah i'm sure that would help you in any type of situation, you would gas out and start crying in a walking dead type scenario To be honest you would probably all ready of given up when you realize the internet is down and you cant access SBRforum
    This from a guy who always "has something better to do", but somehow finds the time to argue with everyone he can find. I try not to waste time on hopeless losers, so I'm going to go do something better. Enjoy talking to yourself.

marzwoody

This from a guy who always "has something better to do", but somehow finds the time to argue with everyone he can find. I try not to waste time on hopeless losers, so I'm going to go do something better. Enjoy talking to yourself.
    K go play dark souls 2 and smoke your weed fatboy, i'm currently out running and replying from my phone when i get a water break

Cavendish

A lot is possible in an infinite universe, but trust me when I say that I am in no way, shape or form intimidated by your intelligence. But it's cute that you consider this a discussion btw.

The shit you're posting now about running and fuckin walking dead scenarios (the fock?) reminds me of my days in elementary school. There were kids that were big, and as such could fight.. and there were kids who could run. The runners (a.k.a. skinny bitches) would always provoke the kids that could fight, but only when they were outside.. for reasons that I hope are obvious. It's funny how the internet created similar social dynamics.

Anyway, this goddamn circus has gone on long enough. You were right about this being wasted energy, but I had a few good chuckles. Good luck with your life.

First 12345 Last