penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

domination after round 1, had it 118-110 myself, same as judge 3

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

In the interview after the fight he said "Tell SBR John...the next time he says I look out of shape at the weigh-in I'll personally show up at the Bash and beat him down"

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I had it 118-110 too

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

i keep telling people over and over and some listen but some do not. i have followed manny's career since the beginning. manny is a different cat. manny is not driven by money - manny is driven by respect. he wants respect. he does not want someone disrespecting him like mayweather has. that's why manny opened the slandering suit against mayweather about the accusations of PED use.

i repeat to you: this fight will not happen until one or both of them is absolutely desperate for money, and right now neither of them are, so this fight will not happen anytime soon.

if they do fight in the future, it will be like roy jones v felix trinidad when it was 10-13 years too late and no one gave a crap.

as much as i hate to say it, the most plausible next fight for manny looks like a 5th fight with juan manuel marquez.

jmm is strung out on PEDs so i hate for manny to get in there again with the suddenly powerful 40 yr old marquez, but there may not be another fight out there with a realistic shot of happening because manny v mayweather is about 1,000 miles apart right now

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is back

Now what??

Why is Mayweather afraid of him???

mayweather is not afraid of anyone in the sense of getting hit, he is afraid to lose his undefeated record. the reason he wants nothing to do with manny is because he knows manny has a great chin so he cannot ko him unless it's lucky like the juiced up jmm, and the main thing is that for every one punch mayweather throws he will get hit 2-3 times by manny. mayweather also has a great chin so the fight will go the distance.

in the final punchstats, manny will have outhit mayweather by 50%, so every 100 punches landed by mayweather, he will get hit 150 times, and the judges will see it. he also knows that everyone hates him so that will play subconsciously into the judges minds, and they will give the benefit of the doubt to manny.

he knows manny is more active than him, just as quick as him, and has more power than him and power in both hands.

mayweather wants absolutely nothing to do with manny until mayweather is broke or going broke and HAS to take the fight.

don't expect them to fight in the next 5 years. i have said this the past 3 years and most people i know are now saying that i was right all along
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

KiwiPunt
    KiwiPunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    mayweather is not afraid of anyone in the sense of getting hit, he is afraid to lose his undefeated record. the reason he wants nothing to do with manny is because he knows manny has a great chin so he cannot ko him unless it's lucky like the juiced up jmm, and the main thing is that for every one punch mayweather throws he will get hit 2-3 times by manny. mayweather also has a great chin so the fight will go the distance.

in the final punchstats, manny will have outhit mayweather by 50%, so every 100 punches landed by mayweather, he will get hit 150 times, and the judges will see it. he also knows that everyone hates him so that will play subconsciously into the judges minds, and they will give the benefit of the doubt to manny.

he knows manny is more active than him, just as quick as him, and has more power than him and power in both hands.

mayweather wants absolutely nothing to do with manny until mayweather is broke or going broke and HAS to take the fight.

don't expect them to fight in the next 5 years. i have said this the past 3 years and most people i know are now saying that i was right all along
    Except nobody hits Floyd....Im personally a Manny fan but hard to see Floyd lose a fight when he just doesnt get hit. Manny will throw punches in bunches but like all Floyd fights, theyll either hit glove or air.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

flod got rocked by mosley, he recovered well but he was dazed for a bit, manny can hit him i dunno if he can hit him enough but he is fast enough

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPunt View Post
    Except nobody hits Floyd....Im personally a Manny fan but hard to see Floyd lose a fight when he just doesnt get hit. Manny will throw punches in bunches but like all Floyd fights, theyll either hit glove or air.
    floyd has never, i mean NEVER, fought anyone who can flurry with the speed Manny has. floyd knows it. his camp knows it. name one high-activity fighter that floyd has fought who can touch Manny's punches per round? you can't, because there are none.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPunt View Post
    Exactly, guys look busy against Mayweather but they don't actually connect often

Playmaker
    Playmaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Manny is not the same fighter and should consider retiring...Why fight anymore? He's not as fast with his hands or his feet and he can't throw the volume of punches that is required to beat a guy like Floyd...Last fight vs Bradley he threw less then 500 punches...It was a nice win vs Bradley but it's clear to see the holes are in his game..

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

Hard to respect floyds record when he spent his prime fighting pushovers...both him and Manny are past their prime and while the fight will draw in alot of viewers, it wouldnt be the same fight we would of seen 4 years ago which is a damn shame. Its better off not ever happening and looking back at the what ifs imo.

homie1975

roy jones and felix trinidad got in the ring together about 10-12 years too late.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I guess the big fight will never happen un less both need the money but they will be broken down fighters by then.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

pacman all day

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I guess the big fight will never happen un less both need the money but they will be broken down fighters by then.
    I think only one will need to be desperate in order to give in to the other's demands but I think we're a long way off from that. I have felt this way for 3+ years since the initial negotiations began which is right when the posturing and shenanigans started. I have ha no cinfidence since then in this fight being made and my pessimism since that time, remains

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

what we get is bob arum complaining that the mgm is drenched in floyd/maidana posters and him begging for people to boycott the fight when floyd paid to advertise and is loyal to the mgm and hasnt taken his business elsewhere.....fight is already at a 14 mil live gate about 6 more than pac/bradley 2

manny had another chance to make a statement after the fight....with the ppv audience watching......instead he once again said "youll have to ask my promoter".....the crowd would have gone nuts....he could of have said right there "i want floyd....if yer listening call us".....but no....once again he waits till postfight pressers to bring up his name when virtually no one cares or is listening....

homie75...manny isnt sitting pretty,financially, as he once was or should be

homie1975

The shitt has been going on so long that I forgot when it started. Negotiations first began in late Nov 2009. 4.5 years ago folks. Does anyone truly believe they can make this happen while still within their relative primes. I gave up years ago.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

The shitt has been going on so long that I forgot when it started. Negotiations first began in late Nov 2009. 4.5 years ago folks. Does anyone truly believe they can make this happen while still within their relative primes. I gave up years ago.
    Back in late 09 early 2010 one man was trying to make the fight while the other guy was pretending to try to make while his promoter was setting up a fight with clottey in Dallas the whole time....when it had completely broken down Floyd was left without a fight....the guy he ended up fighting was already actually signed to fight berto..haymon made berto step aside so Floyd had a viable fight....Floyd wasnt looking at anyone else

homie1975

I don't buy that Mayweather was really trying to make the fight. Maybe his promoters were focused on the washed up mosley while pretending to negotiate the pacquiao fight. It goes both ways brother. He said he said

homie1975

The guy Mayweather ended up fighting was the washed up mosley in may 2010. There was no one else between May's win over Marquez in Sept 2009 and mosley may 2010

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I don't buy that Mayweather was really trying to make the fight. Maybe his promoters were focused on the washed up mosley while pretending to negotiate the pacquiao fight. It goes both ways brother. He said he said
    Shane was coming off a big win....and he was already signed to fight berto....When manny backed out they were scrambling for an opponent that would sell....haymon made berto step aside,using the earthquake in Haiti as an excuse, so his top client had a fight the public would wanna see.....sometimes u have to read between the lines

bobby heenan
    Update your status

The guy Mayweather ended up fighting was the washed up mosley in may 2010. There was no one else between May's win over Marquez in Sept 2009 and mosley may 2010
    Whats your point?

homie1975

Just because someone is in negotiation and does not have another fight or big name opponent lined up, it does not mean they are necessarily trying to make the fight happen. Every time manny agreed to specific terms, Mayweather upped the ante on new terms hence killing any chance of the fight happening. Mayweather never wanted this fight.

homie1975

Read any article from any boxing insider. Manny has agreed to the stringent drug testing and the lower percentage of the purse. Now what will Mayweather say? He knows manny will outbox him for the better part of 12 rds so he wants nothing to do with the huge huge chance of an "L"

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Just because someone is in negotiation and does not have another fight or big name opponent lined up, it does not mean they are necessarily trying to make the fight happen. Every time manny agreed to specific terms, Mayweather upped the ante on new terms hence killing any chance of the fight happening. Mayweather never wanted this fight.
    Lol... So Floyd says I want random drug testing....manny says I want a 30 day cutoff(which is ridiculous and defeats the whole purpose)....Floyd says I'll give you 14 days....and manny walks away and then comes out talking bout "I'll do 14 days" after Floyd beats Shane....Yet it wasn't good enough for him a few months before.....I don't need to read articles from boxing insider or whateve you call it....been a lifelong fight fan....I go to live fights and I read stuff from everywhere....I can show u an article from fat Dan where he. Basically says arum is nuts and the reason to blame....and I'll always believe that to be true

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Read any article from any boxing insider. Manny has agreed to the stringent drug testing and the lower percentage of the purse. Now what will Mayweather say? He knows manny will outbox him for the better part of 12 rds so he wants nothing to do with the huge huge chance of an "L"
    Manny can say hell take less money and do whatever it takes....he can always go somewhere and say "I'm waiting Floyd...call me".....after the fact....this is the same dude who was spouting off "hey Floyd lets fight for free...ffor charity" when he's promoting a fight with Bradley....Then when he's in the ring with the world watching he says "you'll have to ask my promoter"

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

He wasn't Heenan is a huge Mayweather nut hugger which has been pointed out a million times. Even Mayweather one time best buddy (50 cent or whatever the fuk his name was) said Floyd was duking Manny

Thor4140

Exactly. These Mayweather nut huggers have worse blinders than horses

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    He wasn't Heenan is a huge Mayweather nut hugger which has been pointed out a million times. Even Mayweather one time best buddy (50 cent or whatever the fuk his name was) said Floyd was duking Manny
    Bobby Heenan does make some good points but yes very slanted towards Money May it seems but then again i am slanted towards Manny. i can tell you that both camps are making the negotiation difficult in their own right. with May it's the huge ego and Manny it's the enormous pride. both of those things have to go by the wayside in order to make a fight between true superstar prizefighters of our generation. and he is right that Arum needs to be a facilitator not an obstacle, but there is a humongous ego there as well.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

people can say im slanted towards floyd...thats fine....reality is ive been to two of pacs biggest wins...i like him as a fighter....ordered the bradley fight....i dont have anything against him....i just dont believe bob arum has ever wanted it.....it drives him nuts to see his former protege doing the numbers he is without him....hes got haymon and ellerbe runnin the show....and they are more successful with floyd than arum is with pac or could have ever been with floyd.....

homie....speaking of arum being an obstacle....theres bob arum at the final pac/bradley presser telling people to boycott floyds fight and that its a garbage fight.....good way to be a facilitator....no need to be talking like that...in fact its doing more damage towards getting the fight done than it would be helping....but im sure in a another month or so when hes already got a fight in place for manny in another couple of months hell start spouting off about how he really wants to make the floyd fight.....thats what arum does....

manny goes doing press for the bradley fight...he goes on tv and says "im waiting floyd....call me collect"...well thats great manny but you are fighting someone else.....he goes and does an interview while promoting the bradley fight...."hey floyd lets fight for free....for charity".....well that sounds nice and all but how come you hung up the phone when floyd called you and offered you 40 mil?

not to sound redundant....but manny could have said in the ring saturday night "hey floyd i want to fight you...im ready lets talk"...but nope...while the world is watching he says talk to my promoter.....then does a post fight presser when no one cares or is listening that he wants the fight so a few boxing websites will write about it

this dude walked away from a 50/50 pie over a 14 day cutoff(enough of the idiots who say "manny agreed to everything"...he did not...he walkd and then after floyd fought shane he started going around to boxing websites saying hed do the 14 day cutoff....yet for some reason he couldnt do it for march 13th 2010)....if floyd wanted a reason to not make that fight then he probably wouldnt have proposed a 50/50 split and would have priced himself out......manny dont like needles...manny gets weak when he has blood drawn...yet hes doing these tests for the rios fight(who ironically has alex ariza, pacs former conditioning coach, in his corner)......manny did not agree to the 14 day cutoff floyd told him he could have when they were trying to make the fight for march 13th 2010...in fact they walked away from the table and said "hello cowboys stadium...josh clottey"....for some reason thats gets lost on alot of people....

weve heard everything from pacs camp...needles...blood drawn makes him weak.....mannys cut wont be healed in time for him to fight on a certain date...they need ample time to construct an outdoor stadium.....right down to arum saying "i dont even know who to call to make the fight...do i call schaeffer, oscar, ellerbe, haymon"?

ive posted this link many times...no one seems to read it or mention it....ive met fat dan....not a fan of his really....but he is well connected and hes not completely stupid.....this basically sums up arum and his bullshit/propoganda

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...yweather-fight

homie....i dont even think its a matter of pride for manny...if arum said were gonna do this fight....im sure hed be all up for it.....but thats not happening...in 2010 when they had a 50/50 piece of the fight they walked away over a friggin drug test....and somehow they havent lost much respect for it even though they should have(mostly because people with disdain for floyd dont wanna see the truth).....now its basically if manny wants to make 30-40 mil in a night he needs floyd.....floyd can do that without manny ....cause he has.....

manny is a fun fighter to watch....hes exciting(or at least was when he was knocking out hatton and beating cotto to a pulp).....but part of what makes him marketable and made him big was that he was the hope....he was the "guy" that could beat floyd....and people want to see that.....if floyd beats him march 2010....it doesnt kill mannys career....but people arent paying to watch him fight clottey, margarito, shane mosley, and bradley.....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Basically it means Manny is a drug user???

Thor4140

They might fight but think about this. How many big million dollar fights have these guys had leading up to this? If they would have fought three years ago do u think these two would be getting these million dollar fights now or would people just be happy that they fought? Just a thought. Floyd had been getting 40 mill a fight. He is gonna have to let Manny get his which he really doesn't in other fights. How much can he possibly make in this fight. If he is getting 40 mill to another guys 5 million how is he gonna get anything around 50 when he has to give manny 40?

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    They might fight but think about this. How many big million dollar fights have these guys had leading up to this? If they would have fought three years ago do u think these two would be getting these million dollar fights now or would people just be happy that they fought? Just a thought. Floyd had been getting 40 mill a fight. He is gonna have to let Manny get his which he really doesn't in other fights. How much can he possibly make in this fight. If he is getting 40 mill to another guys 5 million how is he gonna get anything around 50 when he has to give manny 40?
    Thor....Floyd got 41 mil guarantees against Canelo...that was before getting his share of the ppv revenue...he got more than 41...quite a bit more...

Its hard to gauge what manny/Floyd would do ppv wise now as opposed to what it would have done in 2010....then you could have said it would have done at Least 2.5 buys and prob even 3 mil ....I actually think it could still do in that range now but not certain....but IMO if these guys hit the national tv circuit and promoted it well it still could do it....some people say they wouldn't be interested in it anymore and it's past it's "due date" but I think they are kidding themselves....they'd watch

So let's look at Oscar/Floyd...did 2.4 mil in buys and over 130 mil in revenue....Oscar made like 55 mil to Floyd's 25 mil....we know where the rest goes...promoters, bills, etc

Makes you wonder why PAC walked away from 50 percent of it 4 years ago over a 14 day cutoff for a blood test....and why he hangs up the phone and doesn't make a counter offer when Floyd guarantees him 40 mil....Floyd would probably be taking on a risk now with that guarantee but I'm sure he'd be willing to say "well kick you this"(insert figures) after the fight if it makes revenue goals....instead Floyd heard a dial tone on the other end....then u get manny bringing up his name while promoting the Bradley fight...u get arum trashing Floyd's fight urging a boycott...manny could have put a full court press on Floyd Saturday night live and chose not to...and by now I'm sure Floyd is tired of all the bs reasons/excuses and he doesn't need manny

Just my opinion...4 years ago I don't think arum could face his new superstar possibly losing to Floyd....now I don't think he likes that he's no longer in a position of strength in the ordeal

12 Last