homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
    you have to agree tho. if manny lost last night there would be no way we see a mayweather v manny fight. i think they agree on terms eventually. its what the fans want. it will create huge profit if it happens sooner rather than later. and at possible profit records with this type of fight. 40% will be more money than lets say a 50-50 split manny could make with a less desirable fighter against him.
    the fans have wanted it for over 3 years and it has not happened.

i keep telling people over and over and some listen but some do not. i have followed manny's career since the beginning. manny is a different cat. manny is not driven by money - manny is driven by respect. he wants respect. he does not want someone disrespecting him like mayweather has. that's why manny opened the slandering suit against mayweather about the accusations of PED use.

i repeat to you: this fight will not happen until one or both of them is absolutely desperate for money, and right now neither of them are, so this fight will not happen anytime soon.

if they do fight in the future, it will be like roy jones v felix trinidad when it was 10-13 years too late and no one gave a crap.

as much as i hate to say it, the most plausible next fight for manny looks like a 5th fight with juan manuel marquez.

jmm is strung out on PEDs so i hate for manny to get in there again with the suddenly powerful 40 yr old marquez, but there may not be another fight out there with a realistic shot of happening because manny v mayweather is about 1,000 miles apart right now

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

theres no doubt you know way more about the boxing industry than i do. and i agree mayweather is about the money, manny is about the respect. neither one of them needs the money, lets be real, they make enough. so your point that it wont happen until one or both are "desperate" for money is somewhat mute in this situation imo. to sum it up i think manny will give in to ridiculous terms sooner than you think, based solely on the points you made. he wants respect. hes already got enough money. what he doesn't have is alot of time left in the ring as compared to mayweather. this fight will happen. sooner than you think. i can see it being a good one for manny to retire on, regardless of if he wins or loses. he wants the shot at gaining respect from someone he is not fond of at all. how manny more do you think manny has in him before he retires is the real question here imo.

homie1975

theres no doubt you know way more about the boxing industry than i do. and i agree mayweather is about the money, manny is about the respect. neither one of them needs the money, lets be real, they make enough. so your point that it wont happen until one or both are "desperate" for money is somewhat mute in this situation imo. to sum it up i think manny will give in to ridiculous terms sooner than you think, based solely on the points you made. he wants respect. hes already got enough money. what he doesn't have is alot of time left in the ring as compared to mayweather. this fight will happen. sooner than you think. i can see it being a good one for manny to retire on, regardless of if he wins or loses. he wants the shot at gaining respect from someone he is not fond of at all. how manny more do you think manny has in him before he retires is the real question here imo.
    the vast majority of prizefighters end up broke late in their careers, which is why so many of them hang on far too long. marvin hagler being one of the few exceptions.

the way floyd spends money, he will have money problems at some point, maybe not for 6-7 years though.

FYI manny is rumored to have money problems which is why he evaded taxes in the philippines. his camp told the philippino govt that manny paid the taxes in the U.S. so he was asked to produce a U.S. tax return, but could not. dude is trying to shelter income and it's an ominous sign about his finances.

i think we'll see the fight but not for many years. not sooner than you think but further than you think. manny might be 40 when they finally get in the ring, if ever.

i hope you are right because i wanna see this fight more than stevie wonder wants to see, but when i make predictions i use my mind not my heart, and everything i know about both fighters, their personalities, their camps, etc etc, tells me we are as far apart as ever and believe me we were never close to seeing it to begin with.

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

ya you are right im pipe dreaming a little bit i guess. but if you were involved in the massive money making promotion side of things would you not be doing everything you could to make this match up happen, sooner rather than later.

homie1975

ya you are right im pipe dreaming a little bit i guess. but if you were involved in the massive money making promotion side of things would you not be doing everything you could to make this match up happen, sooner rather than later.
    yes i would, and this past 3 years and 4 months (since dec 2010 when negotiations first started in earnest - believe me i have been following it like a hawk because i am a boxing fanatic), there has been literally nothing occur except both sides talk about it yet not agree on more than half of the items on a 15-ish item checklist that needs to be worked out in order for BOTH camps to agree.

does manny's promotional side want the money? yes. does floyd's promotional side want the money? yes. but floyd already signed the mega-contract with showtime which guarantees him 32 mil per fight (he made closer to 50 mil vs canelo) and manny is getting paid quite handsomely by top rank and their hbo tie. so the past 3+ years neither guy is willing to budge and the further they get from their primes, the less people are starting to care (most serious boxing fans have given up on the fight) about seeing these two guys get in the ring together, and the more they care about other big boxing events, and if they are anything like me, they enjoy the sweet science for what it is and that's that.

homie1975

FYI tito trinidad is reportedly broke. he fought on PPV numerous times and made hundreds of millions, but at 41 he is reportedly broke

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/4/11...portedly-broke

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I'm glad that the fight is over so that you retards can go back into the woodwork until Mayweather fights again.

I thought "JIBBBY" was the worst poster I'd ever seen in this section, then homie1975 came along and took the title in a landslide.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Why is this thread still going so people can gloat like they just predicted armeggedon or something?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Why is this thread still going so people can gloat like they just predicted armeggedon or something?
    Didn't you hear? Homie1975 picked Pacquiao to win by decision, which NO ONE (not ONE other person in the entire world) thought could have happened. No one. This kid is going to do big things.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    it was not the prediction that is key it is HOW the prediction was worded and delivered. to. a. tee.

goodnight

MD

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    it was not the prediction that is key it is HOW the prediction was worded and delivered. to. a. tee.

goodnight
    You did, huh?

Manny got reckless against the juiced up JMM. if you don't believe JMM was juiced up then how come he never even knocked down Manny one time in the first 3 fights then scored a knockdown and a KO in the 4th fight?

anyhow, Bradley has only KO'd one third of his opponents, his power is weak. Manny does not have to respect it and will score points inside all day.

fight goes the distance and Manny wins all three judges scorecards convincingly, which is mainly because he is a dominant fighter compared to Bradley and the judges have to atone for the sins of the 3 criminals from 2 years ago who stole the fight from Manny when he kicked the shit out of Bradley for 12 rds

fight goes O9.5
    Manny -230 or whatever the hell it is
    The only thing that you "delivered to a tee" was that Pacquiao won by unanimous decision. And you didn't even bet it.

fight goes O9.5
    Manny -230 or whatever the hell it is

homie1975

The shitt has been going on so long that I forgot when it started. Negotiations first began in late Nov 2009. 4.5 years ago folks. Does anyone truly believe they can make this happen while still within their relative primes. I gave up years ago.

First ... 2345