PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Josh Samman works at Mellow Mushroom Pizza lol....

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Its gonna be good......Killer week for MMA all around .....Nurmagomedov is a lock to beat about anyone IMO...
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^^ Good break down Nick Nacho... I agree with those picks...

The tricky one is Cowboy Donald Cerrone vs Edson Barboza as I think Cowboy is more experienced and is technically better in every area but Edson Barboza is no joke.. Only lost 1 fight and brings that intangible athletic factor..

I think Cowboy might get dropped in this one.. He really has been sticking his chin out in recent fights and has even gotten a bit wobbled in a few... I think this one stays standing and It's gonna get crazy... Jamie Varner was the only one to touch Barboza so far..... Can Donald tap that chin too in a rebound fight for Edson...... IDK????

This fight I'm most excited to see anyways..

http://www.ufc.com/event/FOX11

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Khabib -175

I was hoping on Tavares being the dog.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Khabib -175

? He is.

Beelzebubzy

I mean + dog odds

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

lol at the ref in this at end!

Pabst
    Pabst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Khabib -175

Damn nice catch at -175, he's already at -260 on 5D

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Small play on Bektic at +135.
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave Skel 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Beelzebubzy

Hawn +125

Huge grapple advantage. DOnt trust the chin though

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Werdum by KO, +1090, what do you think, value?

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    Werdum by KO, +1090, what do you think, value?
    Im on that as well. Bacynski @ +300 is a must play . 2 friggin years away plus coming off multiple surgeries and he is -400!?? GTFO

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by goodfellas433 View Post
    I can picture Browne wanting to land a power shot and rushing in, gets tied up and goes down with one of the leg trips, or just allowing werdum to grab him and fall back to guard. I know its possible for Browne to land on werdum but if it stays standing long enough he will get frustrated.
    I picture Browne thinking that he can pound werdum out on the ground if need be, and if he gets too confident on the ground with werdum he will have a bad night.
    Maybe I'm just not sold on the striking prowess of Browne as much as everyone else, but I think Werdum is being underestimated here.
    i second that my brotha.

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by snufflyjoe View Post
    Im on that as well. Bacynski @ +300 is a must play . 2 friggin years away plus coming off multiple surgeries and he is -400!?? GTFO
    Yeah i was looking at that, he's got a decent size advantage as well. He still looks like a bit of a slow, lumbering, uninspiring fighter.

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i second that my brotha.
    I third that.

Motion passed, court adjourned.

Thor4140

i wonder when Brown became this feared striker? Ever since the Dos Santos knockout Werdum had handled every so called striker. Brown was getting absolutely destroyed by Reem standing. Of course he won. Everyone beats Reem if they can bring him into deep water which would be over a round and a half.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Werdum was cut way to quick, I believe he would of been champ. Should of been champ.

Wilbo86

i wonder when Brown became this feared striker? Ever since the Dos Santos knockout Werdum had handled every so called striker. Brown was getting absolutely destroyed by Reem standing. Of course he won. Everyone beats Reem if they can bring him into deep water which would be over a round and a half.
    Werdum was getting the best of Reem standing as well, made the whole K1 level stiking thing seem like a bit of a farce. I have more Hespect for my own K1 level gambling
    Last edited by Wilbo86; 04-17-14 at 07:07 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Ok... Main Card.... My take.. http://www.ufc.com/event/FOX11

- Thinking Werdum gets dropped in the 1st round.. Feel pretty confident either way that Travis Browne wins this bout... Travis is more athletic, the better striker, and his wrestling is good enough now to stop Werdums takedowns or get back up if taken down.. Travis has a long reach and should tap that chin early on..

- Mesha Tate and Liz.. I think this is gonna be a coin toss, Mesha has the hype from fighting Rhonda Rousey lately but Liz brings it. 2-1 favorite is Mesha... Thinking that perhaps Liz might take Mesha in this one the more I think about the match up.... Tough fight to call that probably goes the distance.. Both girls are tough and hard to finish..

- Tamarez vs Romero - I'm thinking Tamaraz comes into this fight with a huge experience advantage over Romero as having almost twice as many pro fights.. I think Tamarez is a tough dude that can weather the first round storm of Romero.. Romero is intimidating physically and explosive but his gas tank is suspect I believe.. I don't think Tamarez will break in this fight.. Tamarez finds a way to win this one late I believe as Romero begins to gas and get sloppy..

- Cowboy Cerrone vs Barboza - Flip a coin in this one.. I'm slightly leaning towards Barboza in a rebound fight for him, he's athletic, explosive and I think he will be able to strike with Cowboy.. As I said earlier I don't like how Cowboy sticks his chin out in recent fight.. Length of Barboza and speed just might catch him in this one.. This should still be an awesome fight to check.. Even odds going in so even the odds makers are flipping a coin in this one...

If anyone else has another take on these fights please share and explain why?
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-17-14 at 10:28 PM.

Skel

Browne beat Overeem in the first round. Also, Werdum and Mir took Overeem all three rounds and still lost.

Wilbo86

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Browne beat Overeem in the first round. Also, Werdum and Mir took Overeem all three rounds and still lost.
    At face value sure, i still don't see these fights as comparable/mma math being relevant. I think Werdum had a bad strategy in that fight. He was winning on the feet but then kept pulling guard (I think, been a while since i watched it) and a gassed Overeem was happy to oblige with top control and inactivity. On top of that there's a much greater chance he was clean when he fought Browne.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Keep in mind Travis Browne has only lost one fight in his MMA pro career.. That's saying something, he's also looked really good in recent fights... Last fight he was probably in the best shape he's ever been in some would say...

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Travis-Browne

Werdum owns a Jits gym here in Santa Monica, California where I live, he's the nicest guy and a huge man... Too nice that's his problem.. I don't think Werdum fights with evil intentions.. He's a Jits guy first so it's to be expected... Anyways, Travis Browne has been fighting with a purpose of late and is really dialed in..

Anything can happen in a fight and especially in a HW fight where the big guys hit hard or can gas and get injured quickly, but everything points to Travis Browne winning this fight in my mind unless the unexpected happens..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-18-14 at 12:22 AM.

Skel

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo86 View Post
    At face value sure, i still don't see these fights as comparable/mma math being relevant. I think Werdum had a bad strategy in that fight. He was winning on the feet but then kept pulling guard (I think, been a while since i watched it) and a gassed Overeem was happy to oblige with top control and inactivity. On top of that there's a much greater chance he was clean when he fought Browne.
    At face value? It's simply true. It's Werdum's fault that he didn't want to really try to win the second Overeem fight and Mir just got smashed for 3 rounds. Travis took a beating that would cause most fighters to quit and came back and got the kill a minute later. He deserves serious credit for that.

Wilbo86

At face value? It's simply true. It's Werdum's fault that he didn't want to really try to win the second Overeem fight and Mir just got smashed for 3 rounds. Travis took a beating that would cause most fighters to quit and came back and got the kill a minute later. He deserves serious credit for that.
    Noted. I guess the point I was trying to make was that that fight probably says more about Travis Browne's durability, which as you say should be credited, than it does about his skills as a technical striker.

Beelzebubzy

Is the Browne fight going to look like Werdum vs Overeem 2?

Thor4140

Mir is washed up and Werdum fought him 35 years ago. There was a very good case that the brown?Reem fight should have been stopped so Brown would have lost in the first round. I saw a piss slow bigfoot out punch Brown. I know he hurt his legs but he still couldn't dodge those slow punches like he should have

Skel

Mir is washed up and Werdum fought him 35 years ago. There was a very good case that the brown?Reem fight should have been stopped so Brown would have lost in the first round. I saw a piss slow bigfoot out punch Brown. I know he hurt his legs but he still couldn't dodge those slow punches like he should have
    I don't get the need to exaggerate things. It doesn't help you pick fights correctly.

How on earth can you say Browne vs. Overeem should have been stopped? I think most refs would have stopped it but Yamasaki definitely made the right call, as was shown when Browne won.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I don't get the need to exaggerate things. It doesn't help you pick fights correctly.

How on earth can you say Browne vs. Overeem should have been stopped? I think most refs would have stopped it but Yamasaki definitely made the right call, as was shown when Browne won.
    That's terrible logic. Browne was getting mauled and saying "I'm ok" is not intelligently defending yourself. Herb Dean has said it a thousand times, you have to show that you're still capable of defending yourself adequately, and for quite some time Browne did not.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    That's terrible logic. Browne was getting mauled and saying "I'm ok" is not intelligently defending yourself. Herb Dean has said it a thousand times, you have to show that you're still capable of defending yourself adequately, and for quite some time Browne did not.
    That was a tough call but the right one. In a huge fight of that magnitude I think you gotta give each and every fighter a chance to recover even in grave situations.. How many times have we seen flash knock out and the guy then gets hit again and snaps right back into consciousness to continue to fight on..

I think Hendo had a flash knock out in his fight against Shogun and he snapped right back into consciousness and went on to win that fight and in knock out fashion..

MD

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    That was a tough call but the right one. In a huge fight of that magnitude I think you gotta give each and every fighter a chance to recover even in grave situations.. How many times have we seen flash knock out and the guy then gets hit again and snaps right back into consciousness to continue to fight on..

I think Hendo had a flash knock out in his fight against Shogun and he snapped right back into consciousness and went on to win that fight and in knock out fashion..
    Are you suggesting that Travis Browne got flash KO'd, twice, with knees to the body?

Skel

It's stupid to stop a fight just because a guy is in a turtle position or being held down and taking (mostly blocked) punches for a few seconds. If anything, the fight should have been broken up when Alistair was throwing illegal knees. Travis never appeared to lose consciousness and kept moving and blocking strikes as well as he could. That is intelligent defense, in my opinion.
    As for Herb Dean's saying, I'm sure Herb would have stopped the fight after Alistair first kneed the body and Travis dropped to a knee. Would have been another premature stoppage by him.

MD

It's stupid to stop a fight just because a guy is in a turtle position or being held down and taking (mostly blocked) punches for a few seconds. If anything, the fight should have been broken up when Alistair was throwing illegal knees. Travis never appeared to lose consciousness and kept moving and blocking strikes as well as he could. That is intelligent defense, in my opinion.
    As for Herb Dean's saying, I'm sure Herb would have stopped the fight after Alistair first kneed the body and Travis dropped to a knee. Would have been another premature stoppage by him.
    The burden is on the fighter to show that he's capable of continuing, not anyone else. It's never a ref's job to think "yeah, he looks done, but...". A fighter either fights on intelligently or they don't, and when they're not, the fight needs to be stopped.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Werdum looking ripped & ready!!!! This is the lightest he's ever been!!!!!!!

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brad Tavares + Alex White + Travis Browne

Parlay that shit nuggaz

Skel

The burden is on the fighter to show that he's capable of continuing, not anyone else. It's never a ref's job to think "yeah, he looks done, but...". A fighter either fights on intelligently or they don't, and when they're not, the fight needs to be stopped.
    How do you define fighting "intelligently"? When a guy is holding you down and punching you, blocking the punches is intelligent and often all the guy can do in that moment. Browne was blocking punches and moving, and never seemed out of it despite taking a lot of damage.

MD

How do you define fighting "intelligently"? When a guy is holding you down and punching you, blocking the punches is intelligent and often all the guy can do in that moment. Browne was blocking punches and moving, and never seemed out of it despite taking a lot of damage.
    Except when he got to his feet, ate a knee to the body, cringed in agony and then dropped to the ground while holding his side.

First 12345 ... Last