marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Faber gets paid more than barao... UFC is just a joke when it comes to fighter pay. The UFC is like gustavo fring from breaking bad. and the fighters are like walt when he figures out there only making like less than 1% of total profits for all the work. greedy f-cks.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...210305160.html

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Faber gets paid more than barao... UFC is just a joke when it comes to fighter pay. The UFC is like gustavo fring from breaking bad. and the fighters are like walt when he figures out there only making like less than 1% of total profits for all the work. greedy f-cks.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...210305160.html
    Love to see Nate Diaz chime in on this. Here is a guy who is champion not getting paid when Dana basically told Nate he needs to win more. These guys who run the UFC think everyone is stupid.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Barao can test the job market

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Really? Nate tried it but found out that he really couldn't because he was under contract.

Beelzebubzy

Jury vs TRujillo on the Swanson card.

That should be co main

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Really? Nate tried it but found out that he really couldn't because he was under contract.
    Finish out your contract and test the market. Let's see how much OneFC, WSOF, or Bellator offer him.

marzwoody

The UFC champ who has been undefeated since 2005 in MMA is gonna go test the market? great logic beezy

marzwoody

Finish out your contract and test the market. Let's see how much OneFC, WSOF, or Bellator offer him.
    But this isn't the answer to things. its like saying to chinese sweatshop slaves to go test the market LOL doesn't exclude the fact that there the biggest organization and the most greedy f-cks.

Beelzebubzy

But this isn't the answer to things. its like saying to chinese sweatshop slaves to go test the market LOL doesn't exclude the fact that there the biggest organization and the most greedy f-cks.
    Well, these individuals chose their careers.
    The CEO of my previous company makes 50X as much as I make. I can reject his salary and test the job market which I was happy to do. Similar to these fighters, they can make the same decision.
    Yes, I understand that they are currently compensated by the best company and their options are limited; however, the fighters options is to either a) win fights or become more marketable to make more money or b) leave and see who will pay you what you think you are worth in the market. or c) hope the UFC adopts WWE compensation strategy.

I am not saying its a fair hand the fighters have; but they do not have much of an option.

WWE is a monopoly and you rarely here their employees aka independet contractors complain about wages.

Beelzebubzy

The UFC champ who has been undefeated since 2005 in MMA is gonna go test the market? great logic beezy
    Gilbert MElendez did and he gets PPV points.

When I told ny wife who is a casual fan , about his deal, she replied "Who?"

If Gil got that deal, then a UFC Champ should get a similar deal.

marzwoody

The CEO of my previous company makes 50X as much as I make. I can reject his salary and test the job market which I was happy to do. Similar to these fighters, they can make the same decision.
    Yes, I understand that they are currently compensated by the best company and their options are limited; however, the fighters options is to either a) win fights or become more marketable to make more money or b) leave and see who will pay you what you think you are worth in the market. or c) hope the UFC adopts WWE compensation strategy.

I am not saying its a fair hand the fighters have; but they do not have much of an option.

WWE is a monopoly and you rarely here their employees aka independet contractors complain about wages.
    Option D) protest and make the UFC pay more. any system that is in place is only there out of of convenience most likely because "that's the way it always has been" since the company's inception. Doesn't mean that's the way it has to be. or that it can easily change and there are better options. UFC fighters have the hardest job and are the lowest paid sports athletes. You have a very valid point and i understand where your coming from as this point of view is very practicle in today's society. but i also know what i am saying is true,

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

All fighters could just stop fighting --Protest....and then see what happens.....BOOM pay increased...
    Option D) protest and make the UFC pay more. any system that is in place is only there out of of convenience most likely because "that's the way it always has been" since the company's inception. Doesn't mean that's the way it has to be. or that it can easily change and there are better options. UFC fighters have the hardest job and are the lowest paid sports athletes. You have a very valid point and i understand where your coming from as this point of view is very practicle in today's society. but i also know what i am saying is true,

Beelzebubzy

The people who make "too little", aka your facebook fighters, no one cares about. UFC could just sign another Chandler Blades for 8/8

If Barao wants to stop fighting, the UFC could afford to lose him. Then they would market Urijah faber as the 'best bantamweight on planet earth'

marzwoody

Yep... Got a bit too deep, but the UFC is running on a crappy, greedy business model, which isn't fair at all to the fighters who arent GSP / anderson silva.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Either fighters need to unionize or there needs to be another MMA organization that rivals the UFC. Bellator is the closest thing right now and their presence allowed Melendez to negotiate for a higher UFC contract. The problem is that casual fans won't buy a Bellator PPV no matter how stacked it is. The UFC brand has become bigger than the sport, therefore the fighters are largely expendable.

marzwoody

The people who make "too little", aka your facebook fighters, no one cares about. UFC could just sign another Chandler Blades for 8/8

If Barao wants to stop fighting, the UFC could afford to lose him. Then they would market Urijah faber as the 'best bantamweight on planet earth'
    Dude rousey biggest star gets paid like 200k compared to the 10 million or more the UFC makes at the event. its laughable. do some simple math and you will realize these fighters are getting robbed like slaves. and pay makes no sense, washed up fighters getting payed more then UFC champions its a joke dude, none of them are balling, prob blow all there paycheck from an event on one lambo LOL and there still paying monthly to keep that shit I remember someone asking ronda does she have a gym in her house, and she answered like he just asked her if she had a spaceship, that gives an indication of how much money there making

marzwoody

I used 2 be like you but one day you will learn the truth young padiwan. don't get surprised if you see jon jones with a tin can and a sign round his neck saying feed a former UFC champion? in about ten years

Beelzebubzy

I used 2 be like you but one day you will learn the truth young padiwan. don't get surprised if you see jon jones with a tin can and a sign round his neck saying feed a former UFC champion? in about ten years
    I see those signs on Boxing Champs, Superbowl champs, NBA players, HR people.

I cant teach everyone how to manage thier money.

marzwoody

I see those signs on Boxing Champs, Superbowl champs, NBA players, HR people.

I cant teach everyone how to manage thier money.
    Yes you can beez! i believe in you!

Thor4140

When u switched companies did u only have three companies to chose from on the planet earth? You said he made 50x more than u. U think that is all the upper brass are making compared to the fighters in the ufc? 50 times lol. The WWE pays their guys that is why u don't here shit.

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    When u switched companies did u only have three companies to chose from on the planet earth? You said he made 50x more than u. U think that is all the upper brass are making compared to the fighters in the ufc? 50 times lol. The WWE pays their guys that is why u don't here shit.
    Hence why I said options are limited.

Thor4140

Barao is far from a facebook fighter.

Thor4140

Hence why I said options are limited.
    I do understand what u mean but when people start getting greedy it makes people sick and this is what they are doing. Nate's bone should be with his agent but cmon u got a superstar champ and u haven't talked to him about renegotiating his contract? Heck they could have even pulled the shit Nate's agent got sucked into. Now they are gonna have to pay if Barao camp has a clue.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Isnt Barao half Chimp tho? So only has a semi-human contract?

Thor4140

I wonder what Tex is getting to fight Jones. I bet it is around 50 thou and the only way it would be more is because he is friends with Liddel. On another note this card is about as shitty as the one Jones dropped out of. If something happen to the main event it would be a disaster again. Why are they always counting on Jones with these shit cards? Yes it looks like a decent card but pull the main event and tell me how good it is.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Isnt Barao half Chimp tho? So only has a semi-human contract?
    Possible V. The way he celebrates makes me cant wait till he loses.

Beelzebubzy

Arlovski is back

I love easy money

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Arlovski is back

I love easy money
    crazy it's been 5 years since he last fought in the UFC

Thor4140

Arlovski is back

I love easy money
    Holy shit who would win in this one? First guy to connect to the chin?

Sources with knowledge of the situation say there have been preliminary talks to match up Arlovski with Brendan Schaub, however, nothing has been finalized just yet.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

lol Dana going off on Cyborg... says she looks like Wanderlei in a dress! guy doesnt give a fuuck

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/video-w...-cyborg-an-it/

marzwoody

Glad Arlovski is back with the UFC i think people forget he was the baddest man at one point in time. rematch with roy nelson at some point? wonder how that will go

PaperTrail07

At that point bring back Keith Jardine and Tim Sylvia lol
    Glad Arlovski is back with the UFC i think people forget he was the baddest man at one point in time. rematch with roy nelson at some point? wonder how that will go

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    At that point bring back Keith Jardine and Tim Sylvia lol
    No. arlovski is better then both/ suck it big boy.

PaperTrail07

Yeah some KILLER opponents he has taken on in the last few years LMAO>...lost a decision to the BUm...
    No. arlovski is better then both/ suck it big boy.

PaperTrail07

OMG they really resigned his ASS....cant say I didn't like watching him fight lol....

First 12345 Last