Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Bellator 115 Lines up

Can't wait for locksmith.

<small>Bellator 115 - Heavyweight 5 rounds - Reno Events Center - Reno, Nevada - Spike TV</small>
    Fri 4/4 3001 Vitaly Minakov <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="M1_0" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">-245 <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="L1_0" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">o1½ -135
    10:30PM 3002 Cheick Kongo <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="M2_0" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">+175 <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="L2_0" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">u1½ -105
    <small>Bellator 115 - Welterweight 3 rounds - Reno Events Center - Reno, Nevada - Spike TV</small>
    Fri 4/4 3101 Sam Oropeza <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="M1_1" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">+315 <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="L1_1" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">o1½ -185
    10:00PM 3102 Andrey Koreshkov <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="M2_1" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">-445 <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="L2_1" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">u1½ +145
    <small>Bellator 115 - Middleweight 3 rounds - Reno Events Center - Reno, Nevada - Spike TV</small>
    Fri 4/4 3201 Johnny Cisneros <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="M1_2" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">+375 <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="L1_2" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">o1½ -140
    9:30PM 3202 Mikkel Parlo <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="M2_2" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">-565 <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="L2_2" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">u1½ +100
    Fri 4/4 3301 Jeremy Kimball <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="M1_3" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">+205 <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="L1_3" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">o2½ -215
    9:00PM 3302 Dan Cramer <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="M2_3" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">-285 <input type="checkBox" id="checkboxx" name="L2_3" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">u2½ +165

I love a parlay with Parlo and Minakov. I want to include Koreshkov but I don't know a whole lot about Oropeza and wonder if he can take Koreshkov down. Thoughts?

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be surprised if Oropeza tried to take Koreshkov down. I haven't seen all of Oropeza's fights but I haven't seen him shoot in any of the ones I have seen. I imagine before and after the Askren fight Koreshkov put in a lot of work on his wrestling (including time at King's MMA and Reign) so he shouldn't be easy to take down anyway. I see this playing out on the feet where Andrey should have the advantage.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

I think all the newest UFC rejects that have recently signed on are gonna clean up in Bellator.. Rampage is gonna absolutely spank King Mo when that fight happens..

UFC fighters are the top of the cream crop when just signing with Bellator.. Stick with picking on the fighters that signed onto Bellator from the UFC..

Even though I think Cheik Kongo was extremely overrated when he was in the UFC, I still think he will begin to dominate in Bellator with his improved wrestling.. I think he takes this fight Friday night.. My money is on Kongo!!! Can't believe he is not the favorite.. Place your bets in now.. Kongo is a seasoned veteran and has faced some of the best in the UFC.. He will be ready to beat this tough Ruskie down...

I love Bellator!!!!!! WSOF is coming on though..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-02-14 at 12:54 AM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET
    Vitaly Minakov vs. Cheick Kongo
    Andrey Koreshkov vs. Sam Oropeza
    Johnny Cisneros vs. Mikkel Parlo
    Dan Cramer vs. Jeremy Kimball

Spike.com, 6 p.m. ET
    Kelly Anundson vs. Volkan Oezdemir
    Justin Baesman vs. Herman Terrado
    Rick Reeves vs. James Terry
    Josh Appelt vs. Freddie Aquitania
    Jason Powell vs. Sinjen Smith
    Benito Lopez vs. Oscar Ramirez

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-20-16 at 02:25 PM. Reason: image does not exist
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I think all the newest UFC rejects that have recently signed on are gonna clean up in Bellator.. Rampage is gonna absolutely spank King Mo when that fight happens..

UFC fighters are the top of the cream crop when just signing with Bellator.. Stick with picking on the fighters that signed onto Bellator from the UFC..

Even though I think Cheik Kongo was extremely overrated when he was in the UFC, I still think he will begin to dominate in Bellator with his improved wrestling.. I think he takes this fight Friday night.. My money is on Kongo!!! Can't believe he is not the favorite.. Place your bets in now.. Kongo is a seasoned veteran and has faced some of the best in the UFC.. He will be ready to beat this tough Ruskie down...

Kongo has absolutely no chin. I would never take him in this fight.

Skel

Some guy analyzes the main event:
    http://themmacorner.com/2014/03/31/f...-cheick-kongo/

Verdict: Although the match-up might seem fairly even, it really isn’t. Minakov is a world-class wrestler and a great fighter for his level in the sport, but Kongo is a world-class fighter. Even though his biggest weakness is in submission grappling, his defense of said modality is top-tier. He’s not a walk-through submission, which is bad news for Minakov, since it may be his only way out of this one. Kongo is a better striker, he’s better in the clinch, and he will most likely put the first ding on the Russian’s record come Friday night.
    Kongo by first-round TKO to become the new Bellator heavyweight champ.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

This does not look like a very good card to bet. The guys that should win are way over priced. Oropeza, Kongo & Kimball are definately live dogs. Maybe I'll put a little something on all 3. Not sure though.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    This does not look like a very good card to bet. The guys that should win are way over priced. Oropeza, Kongo & Kimball are definately live dogs.
    Sentences 2 and 3 completely disagree with sentence 1.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    Kongo has absolutely no chin. I would never take him in this fight.
    Probably right about the chin, but Kongo knows this now and fights at a distance to protect it.. He's got the wrestling and experience and is well rounded enough to beat this Ruskie perhaps.. This Russian is a tough dude though and does have the better chin probably.. Should be a good fight and I'll take Kongo in this one..

I'll gamble and bet small...

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Probably right about the chin, but Kongo knows this now and fights at a distance to protect it.. He's got the wrestling and experience and is well rounded enough to beat this Ruskie perhaps.. This Russian is a tough dude though and does have the better chin probably.. Should be a good fight and I'll take Kongo in this one..

I'll gamble and bet small...
    Lol he cannot fight at a distance here at all to protect it. He is only an inch taller and has three inches of reach. He's not a great wrestler either he is just strong and has good clinch and transitions to his double on the fence. His best chance is probably pushing Minakov against the fence, but it is a five round fight and that will not work.

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Lol he cannot fight at a distance here at all to protect it. He is only an inch taller and has three inches of reach. He's not a great wrestler either he is just strong and has good clinch and transitions to his double on the fence. His best chance is probably pushing Minakov against the fence, but it is a five round fight and that will not work.
    yea kongo's best chance is to get an early ko, he has no chin and the russian hits hard. Like the first punch minakov lands i guarantee kongo is gonna get hurt.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Kongo has some pretty good stand up himself, he should be the physically stronger man in the cage. His wrestling has improved and his clinch work is strong.. He can wear down the Russian perhaps in the clinch and take him down, or just wear him down....

What I mean is Kongo doesn't sit in the pocket and exchange punches so he uses footwork more then ever now in recent fights to stick and move and fight at a distance...

If Manikov bum rushes Kongo sure he can KO him... I just think Kongo has more tools then you guys are giving him credit for.. I think he will be very game in this fight and not get beat down...

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Minakov wins inside distance* -155
    Kongo wins by 5 round decision* +1400

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

Yeah he does, but not like he did a few years ago before he started taking injuries. He could definitely catch him coming in, I think the early ko is his best chance too.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    Already down to +800 :\

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Already down to +800 :\
    if it opened +800, i would have still played it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

In a 5 rounder it's gonna take a miracle for this fight to end in a decision.. I would certainly think one gets stopped before the end but you never know in this fight game... If Kongo runs to survive and out point which he might try to do I guess it's possible... Kongo winning the decision though is another long shot if Minakov is the aggressor in that scenario..

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Thats what they said about cain/jds.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thats what they said about cain/jds.
    True and good point!!! Well JDS did drop Cain in the first one early on with that back of the ear shot.. Then JDS probably should have been KO'd in the others that followed as he was out on his feet and just held on...

That being said - Not sure either Kongo or Minakov have the same chin or constitutions as a JDS or Cain.. Kongo and Minakov can bang so one would think someone is gonna get dropped or have his will broken in this one..

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Agree---Mina getting a tad too much respect here...

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

True and good point!!! Well JDS did drop Cain in the first one early on with that back of the ear shot.. Then JDS probably should have been KO'd in the others that followed as he was out on his feet and just held on...

That being said - Not sure either Kongo or Minakov have the same chin or constitutions as a JDS or Cain.. Kongo and Minakov can bang so one would think someone is gonna get dropped or have his will broken in this one..
    i agree its not very likely to happen, but i capped it around 12% so i was thrilled to get +1400.

you are right that kongo and minakov are not jds and cain, but you have to apply that logic to their offensive prowess as well. especially kongo; he doesn't exactly come to mind when i think of bangers. if he fights smart, he will want to close the distance, clinch, go for takedowns, and not take too many risks. just my opinion.

i do agree with you that minakov can bang, and kongo having a weak chin; hence the minakov itd play.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

i agree its not very likely to happen, but i capped it around 12% so i was thrilled to get +1400.

you are right that kongo and minakov are not jds and cain, but you have to apply that logic to their offensive prowess as well. especially kongo; he doesn't exactly come to mind when i think of bangers. if he fights smart, he will want to close the distance, clinch, go for takedowns, and not take too many risks. just my opinion.

i do agree with you that minakov can bang, and kongo having a weak chin; hence the minakov itd play.
    +1400 is crazy odds and anything is possible in an MMA fight... It's probably worth a shot on a small bet.. I can't knock ya for trying it. Best of luck man...

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

+1400 is crazy odds and anything is possible in an MMA fight... It's probably worth a shot on a small bet.. I can't knock ya for trying it. Best of luck man...

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Koreshkov withdrew due to injury

closed at -420

Kimball/Cramer canceled. Kimball didn't make weight.

Down to two fights.

Skel

what the fukk

Skel

The main card is now:

Minakov vs. Kongo
    Parlo vs. Cisneros
    Anundson vs. Oezdemir
    Terrado vs. Baesman

Parlo vs. Cisneros is now at a catchweight for some reason, with both fighters weighing in around 192/193 lbs. Maybe Parlo could have replaced Kimball if he had been able to make weight himself. What a clusterfukk

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Yep I saw that for tomorrow night.. Sucks as those bets are already refunded and off the board.. Bellator fights typically don't cancel last minute like this.. WOW...

We still got the main event which is the main draw.... Kongo and Minakov...

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    The main card is now:

Minakov vs. Kongo
    Parlo vs. Cisneros
    Anundson vs. Oezdemir
    Terrado vs. Baesman

Parlo vs. Cisneros is now at a catchweight for some reason, with both fighters weighing in around 192/193 lbs. Maybe Parlo could have replaced Kimball if he had been able to make weight himself. What a clusterfukk
    Did Parlo not make weight first? Or was it Cisneros? Both are blown up welterweights. This is bush league sh!t!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

we lost 3 fights in one day. Two from Bellator, one from Fight Night.

Two injuries and a failure to make weight.

Ron_Paul_2012

Minokov came in a little soft. When he is in shape he weighs 239. He came in @ 253.4. Kongo hasn't been this light in a while. He is definitely taking this fight very serious! Might have to put a little sum in' sum in' on Kongo.

Skel

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...195326235.html
    Minakov has recently arrived in Reno, Nevada for the fight with Kongo from his training camp in Moscow. There, the wrestling and sambo champion spent a lot of time training with solid Russian boxers and kick boxers, he says.

“I spent a lot of time at the Moscow academy of boxing,” he details.
    “Before starting any training camp, my coaches and I set up goals to achieve and this camp we achieved all of those goals. I’m ready, prepared and confident. There is just one little thing left to do and that is defending my title Friday.”

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Minokov came in a little soft. When he is in shape he weighs 239. He came in @ 253.4. Kongo hasn't been this light in a while. He is definitely taking this fight very serious! Might have to put a little sum in' sum in' on Kongo.
    That's good insight. I didn't get the chance to watch the weigh ins yet.... Thanks...

Kongo at what a 2-1 underdog now is certainly worth the try.. Kongo is a physical specimen and will give his best in this fight..

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

Your not taking Kongo Itd?

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

So who has Kongo??

1234 ... Last