Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    So who has Kongo??
    Your mama

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Your mama
    Now now ron paul no need to be a negative nunya just interested in what can you guys picked

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else with a bankroll wanna give an answer? might put a small play on blackzilla

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Sentences 2 and 3 completely disagree with sentence 1.
    Horrible grammar by the way. "Sentences 2 and 3 are not in congruence with sentence 1" is what you should have typed. However, you are also incorrect about that as well. Just because a favorite is overvalued does not necessarily mean that the underdog is always undervalued. You know as well as anyone that the + odds on a dog can vary. You seem to be inferring that if you don't see any value in a favorite then you should always bet the dog instead. Sometimes it is wise to bet neither.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    That's good insight. I didn't get the chance to watch the weigh ins yet.... Thanks...

Kongo at what a 2-1 underdog now is certainly worth the try.. Kongo is a physical specimen and will give his best in this fight..
    You should be able to watch the weigh in video at mmafighting.com. You will notice that Minakov has a little bulge or kangaroo belly in the area that is from the belly button to the crouch. It is very reminiscent of Chuck Liddell's beer belly. And as I said before when Minakov is in shape he weighs 239, which is what he weighed during his fight with Ryan Martinez. 253.4 is unacceptable.

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

^^^Kongo has some pretty good stand up himself, he should be the physically stronger man in the cage. His wrestling has improved and his clinch work is strong.. He can wear down the Russian perhaps in the clinch and take him down, or just wear him down....

What I mean is Kongo doesn't sit in the pocket and exchange punches so he uses footwork more then ever now in recent fights to stick and move and fight at a distance...

If Manikov bum rushes Kongo sure he can KO him... I just think Kongo has more tools then you guys are giving him credit for.. I think he will be very game in this fight and not get beat down...
    even at almost -300 im still laying down the cash on minakov this is just a terrible style matchup for kongo, minakov is a sambo champion no way kongo has any advantage on the ground or on the clinch.
    i doubt kongo even lasts 3 mins
    minakov is better everywhere and kongo's only chance is a ko, kongo is not a ko artist but minakov chin is a bit of a mystery

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

At +225 why not...he has that 1 punch KO power...Minakov would prob need a combo-not saying it couldn't happen....I expect Mina to try and take Kongo down and grind on him...kongo is 100% defense on his back...Avoid that takedown and he's got a legit shot...

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Enjoy laying your money on Kongo's chin

Should work out well for you
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-14-15 at 03:24 PM. Reason: image does not exist

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Horrible grammar by the way. "Sentences 2 and 3 are not in congruence with sentence 1" is what you should have typed. However, you are also incorrect about that as well. Just because a favorite is overvalued does not necessarily mean that the underdog is always undervalued. You know as well as anyone that the + odds on a dog can vary. You seem to be inferring that if you don't see any value in a favorite then you should always bet the dog instead. Sometimes it is wise to bet neither.
    Do you understand what the term "live dog" means?

PaperTrail07

Cant even call this a card LMAO...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
    even at almost -300 im still laying down the cash on minakov this is just a terrible style matchup for kongo, minakov is a sambo champion no way kongo has any advantage on the ground or on the clinch.
    i doubt kongo even lasts 3 mins
    minakov is better everywhere and kongo's only chance is a ko, kongo is not a ko artist but minakov chin is a bit of a mystery
    No doubt this is a fight that Kongo could lose and lose bad by KO and I can't argue that Kongo's chin is suspect at times but look at who he's fought...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheick_Kongo

I do hate betting against undefeated fighters but Minakov hasn't yet been truly battle tested in the cage I believe.. Perhaps Kongo is his toughest opponent to date..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitaly_Minakov

I actually think Kongo has a good chance of KO'ing Minakov actually. Kongo mostly gets knocked out early on and in the 1st round, so if he can get past that early feeling out process then Kongo absolutely has a chance.. Remember Kongo went the distance with Cain Velasquez, he's dropped Pat Barry, beaten tough guys, went to a draw with Travis Browne...

Kongo has been in the cage with the best and better fighters then Minakov is.. With that being said he has a good chance to win this bout, especially if Manikov is out of shape and not trained up..

At +220 last time I checked I think it's worth a try... Kongo should be ready...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-04-14 at 11:28 AM.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

$$ is on Kongo's right hand , not his chin....hopefully his chin just sits back and chills

PaperTrail07

Minakov has beat up on a buncha bums....simple as that -Huge step up for be a -300....value----huge black guy
    No doubt this is a fight that Kongo could lose and lose bad by KO and I can't argue that Kongo's chin is suspect at times but look who's fought...

I do hate betting against undefeated fighters but Minakov hasn't yet been truly battle tested in the cage yet I believe.. Perhaps Kongo is his toughest opponent to date..

I actually think Kongo has a good chance of KO'ing Minakov actually. Kongo mostly gets knocked out early on or in the 1st round, if he can get past that early feeling out process then Kongo absolutely has a chance.. Remember Kongo went the distance with Cain Velasquez, he's dropped Pat Barry, beaten tough guys, went to a draw with Travis Browne...

Kongo has been in the cage with better fighters then Minakov is all I'm saying.. With that being said he has a good chance to win this bout, especially if Manikov is out of shape and not trained up..

judochop87
    judochop87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

I agree at that price im betting Kongo. Competition level is everything when comparing these two fighters.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I really don't think Minakov's chin has been tested yet either, let's see if Kongo can touch him..

judochop87
    judochop87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

Cisneros/Parlo u1.5 +100?

I think Parlo is a bad matchup for Cisneros

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by judochop87 View Post
    Cisneros/Parlo u1.5 +100?

I think Parlo is a bad matchup for Cisneros
    I have a small play on that. It's not that Parlo is a bad stylistic matchup for Cisneros, it's simply that he's way better than him. Cisneros is tough and powerful but he's overmatched here in terms of technique and high-level experience. His opponents (the ones he's beaten and those he lost to) just haven't been that good. I see this one ending within the first two rounds.

Skel

Minakov up to -335. Kongo at +275

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Minakov ITD along with Minakov straight to close an existing parlay for me

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had to bet Kongo at +295. Minakov looked soft and Kongo has fought better competition in the UFC. Also took the over 1½.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    I had to bet Kongo at +295. Minakov looked soft and Kongo has fought better competition in the UFC. Also took the over 1½.
    Can't blame ya for either of those plays. Good luck.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Taking Kongo at almost 3-1 is tempting. I just can't seem to get over how crappy he looked against Graham.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Taking Kongo at almost 3-1 is tempting. I just can't seem to get over how crappy he looked against Graham.
    Graham is an ex world champion kick boxer. Most of the fight was on the feet. Kongo did A-OK mate.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I had to take Kongo at a 3 to 1 underdog almost. Not super confident but I still do think he has a decent chance of winning this bout.. Worth a try I think at those odds...

Kongo brings experience and maybe even a cardio advantage into the cage tonight as well. Kongo is still very dedicated to this sport and improving.... Based on what I saw at the weigh ins I can't say the same for the Russian..

Should be a good fight regardless of what happens.. I'm excited to check this!!!!

Skel

Graham is an ex world champion kick boxer. Most of the fight was on the feet. Kongo did A-OK mate.
    Agreed. Graham didn't look very good there but Kongo dominated him nonetheless.

Skel

Brand new interview with Vitaly Minakov: http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/b...ng-experience/
    Brian Hemminger: What did you think of Cheick Kongo’s performance in his first two fights for Bellator when he earned this title shot by winning the tournament?

Vitaly Minakov: I think that when Cheick Kongo won the last tournaments, his opponents that he beat were pretty comfortable for him because they were a little one-dimensional for him and they were all strikers. Also, I was very surprised by Peter Graham’s performance because I know that he is capable of much more than what he showed in his fight against Cheick Kongo. I don’t know, maybe he wasn’t ready for that fight.
    I think that I have an advantage on the ground and I think I have a lot to offer against Cheick Kongo. I have a lot of surprises for him. My fight with him will be completely different than his last two fights against those other two opponents in Bellator MMA.
    Brian Hemminger: Kongo is pretty strong in all areas. He has the striking background, but he’s developed his clinch and wrestling significantly in recent years. Is there any particular aspect of his game that you’re concerned about in this fight?

Vitaly Minakov: I have been wrestling all my life and I’ve been doing sambo for many years as well. I know that it’s impossible to develop wrestling, learn all the nuances and tricks that are acquired over a lifetime of competition in just a short period of time. Even if he catches up in some of the wrestling since he started competing in MMA, I know that I’ve been doing it for a way longer period of time at a higher level than him. I know a lot of things that he’s not aware of. I think I have a very big advantage and I feel confident that I’ll be able to use it.
    Brian Hemminger: When you visualize victory against Cheick Kongo, what do you see?
    Vitaly Minakov: When I think about the fight, as much as I think about it, I often visualize the ways I can finish it. There are so many ways I can do it and I visualize all of them: How I can beat him standing up, how I can beat him on the ground and everything I can do to him to beat him. I have a lot of ways to do that and that adds to my confidence.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ I think Minakov is a little over confident going into this bout.. He's giving Kongo very little respect.. Probably why he got soft around the middle leading up to weigh ins...

I don't think this fight is gonna come down to wrestling, and if it does Kongo has been putting in alot of work on the ground over the past years.. He's been grappling with very good fighters in his camps unlike Minakov mentions.. It's bound to pay off for him by now if the fight does go in that direction...

Ron_Paul_2012

Plays for the night are the following: Parlo straight 10 units @ -525, Parlo/Minakov parlay 6 units & a 1 unit parlay of Parlo/Minakov Over 1.5. Good Luck All!
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave Ron_Paul_2012 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Small on Kelly Anundson +265. I have u1.5 in the parlo fight and the main event ending itd.

Ron_Paul_2012

Plays for the night are the following: Parlo straight 10 units @ -525, Parlo/Minakov parlay 6 units & a 1 unit parlay of Parlo/Minakov Over 1.5. Good Luck All!

Skel

My Bets:

Minakov by submission +1458 1 unit to win 14.58 units
    Minakov ITD -170 2.89 units to win 1.7 units
    Parlo/Cisneros U1.5 +100 2 units to win 2 units
    Minakov+Koreshkov+Parlo 4 units to win 2.82 units
    Koreshkov+Parlo 4 units to win 0.7 units
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave Skel 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I like Kongo here as well.

Skel

Just threw .5 units on Anundson at +300 and .5 on the over 1.5 at +140. Impulse play.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Just threw .5 units on Anundson at +300 and .5 on the over 1.5 at +140. Impulse play.
    I'm on both, is he next?

Skel

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    I'm on both, is he next?
    It's starting now.

First 12345 Last