THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Bellator 114: Shlemenko vs. Ward (March 28, 2014)

Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET
    Alexander Shlemenko vs. Brennan Ward
    Desmond Green vs. Will Martinez
    Matt Bessette vs. Daniel Weichel
    Brett Cooper vs. Kendall Grove

Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET
    Edson Berto vs. Rad Martinez
    Jason Fischer vs. Justin Wilcox
    Ron Keslar vs. Jordan Smith
    Trevor Carlson vs. Linton Vassell
    Mike Estus vs. Gavin Sterritt
    Michael Arrant vs. Aaron Wilkinson
    Bubba Jenkins vs. Sean Powers

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Took weichel, ov 2.5 cooper/grove. Taking green soon, he's at -180 not sure if he will drop more

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took shlemenko straight as I think he's a steal at those odds. Also threw something on Weichel. I see upset potential in the other two fights but I wonder if Green's athleticism will be too much for the wrestling of Martinez.
    Last edited by Skel; 03-25-14 at 06:06 PM.

Skel

shittttt, storm is now down to -300

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

I'm thinking green has the better wrestling. I took him at -180

Skel

Alexander Shlemenko interview
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/video-b...ing-past-ward/

-takes brennan ward seriously
    -thinks his experience will be the difference
    -has been sparring with michael bisping
    -sees his career as just starting

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Ward is a very live dog. He is young in age and in his time spent in MMA. For that reason he is getting better with every fight. Conversely Shlemenko is about as good as he is going to get. Leg kicks will be effective for Shlemenko to use vs Ward. Shlemenko has better overall striking than Ward. But, I didn't like what I saw when Shlemenko got rocked vs Cooper in the middle of the 1st rd. though. It is very unlikely that this fight goes to the 3rd rd. I believe it will end some time in the 2nd. Shlemenko should be around a -200 favorite. As I said before Ward is a very live dog & I will be staying away from this match. GL to those that are playing this match though.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I will be staying away from this match.
    Probably because you're broke.

3/23/14 Never Forget

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Remember that fagget who keeps posting about Mayweather? Pretty sure it was him who started a thread a while back asking if this guy he met at a bar (Ward) was a good fighter. We should probably bump that.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

3/23/14 Never Forget
    3/23?

"The Day he Lost Half of Nothing"

Ron_Paul_2012

3/23/14 Never Forget
    I see that you are still bad because you had a losing night too. Typical "Negative Nunya".
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Hit 4 props at +700 or greater that night. Had Dolloway maxed at 4 books at +290ish. Worked out pretty well for me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy

Ron_Paul_2012

Hit 4 props at +700 or greater that night. Had Dolloway maxed at 4 books at +290ish. Worked out pretty well for me.
    What about the other bets? Your not fooling anyone. Overall you had a losing night. Better luck next time.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    3/23?

"The Day he Lost Half of Nothing"
    I see that you still need a hug. And for goodness sakes put some pants on! Your taking your twitter handle a bit too serious!

Skel

This event will be taking place in Utah at 4320 feet, compared to Denver's 5280. The lower oxygen levels may work against some of the fighters, particularly those who have poor conditioning and/or don't train at altitude.
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave Skel 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    This event will be taking place in Utah at 4320 feet, compared to Denver's 5280. The lower oxygen levels may work against some of the fighters, particularly those who have poor conditioning and/or don't train at altitude.
    Matt Bessette is training at altitude in Denver Colorado (Team Grudge). He's a live dog for sure. He could win via Dec.

Skel

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Matt Bessette is training at altitude in Denver Colorado (Team Grudge). He's a live dog for sure. He could win via Dec.
    I haven't seen that much tape on Bessette but I think Weichel takes this one via better striking and grappling. Bessette might have a cardio advantage but he also had a three-round war just a month ago while Weichel came out of his last fight basically unscathed.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Bessette was very lucky to get the decision against Nunes.
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave mmaed 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Skel

“I have one advantage in the cage: Siberia. I train in the elements; in the wind and snow. When it’s 30 degrees below zero, I’m out there because it sharpens a man’s mind and body until he’s a razor in the cage. I hate the cold, but I love the heat of combat. I may not be the fastest or the strongest man, but I have one thing other men don’t: iron in my heart and soul.”

The champ seen here in stylish swastika shirt
    Last edited by Skel; 03-26-14 at 08:49 PM.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Bessette was very lucky to get the decision against Nunes.
    Yeah I got screwed there, It was in Bessette's home town/state. He lost a pretty clear 2 rounds to 1. I parlayed fight doesn't go to decision also. I'm not sure Ward will have anything left if it goes late.

Skel

Brennan Ward interview:
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/bellato...-title-or-not/

“I’ve been a big fan of Alexander Shlemenko forever,” he said. “I remember in 2009 when I was still in college – I was in Kansas and like 20 years old – I told all my friends, ‘Yo, you gotta watch this guy fight on TV! He’s f–king nasty!’ It’s definitely kind of crazy. I mean, I’ve been watching this guy since way before I knew we were going to fight.”
    “But I’m not scared of him at all. I mean absolutely no disrespect to Shlemenko. He’s f–king tough. He’s tough as s–t. I’m tough as s–t. This’ll be fun! In the end, we have to put on nasty fights and bang it the f–k out. What’s the worst thing that could happen? I could get knocked out? Who the f–k cares? You wake up and fight again another day. There’s no reason to be scared. There’s no reason to ever be scared of anybody. It’s just a fight. It’s not that big of a deal.”
    So Ward plans on fighting another day no matter what happens on Friday night. His brash attitude hasn’t made him a ton of friends, it seems, in the online world. But he doesn’t care.
    Ward believes he’ll have a title soon around his waist, and that will shut people up.
    “F–k yeah, I’m going to be the next Bellator middleweight champion. You know I am,” he said. “And everyone talking s–t about me on the Internet, hating on me and calling me a white-trash punk, they’ll see. And then they’ll have to eat their f–king words after this. It’s going to be beautiful.”

Ron_Paul_2012

Brennan Ward interview:
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/bellato...-title-or-not/

“I’ve been a big fan of Alexander Shlemenko forever,” he said. “I remember in 2009 when I was still in college – I was in Kansas and like 20 years old – I told all my friends, ‘Yo, you gotta watch this guy fight on TV! He’s f–king nasty!’ It’s definitely kind of crazy. I mean, I’ve been watching this guy since way before I knew we were going to fight.”
    “But I’m not scared of him at all. I mean absolutely no disrespect to Shlemenko. He’s f–king tough. He’s tough as s–t. I’m tough as s–t. This’ll be fun! In the end, we have to put on nasty fights and bang it the f–k out. What’s the worst thing that could happen? I could get knocked out? Who the f–k cares? You wake up and fight again another day. There’s no reason to be scared. There’s no reason to ever be scared of anybody. It’s just a fight. It’s not that big of a deal.”
    So Ward plans on fighting another day no matter what happens on Friday night. His brash attitude hasn’t made him a ton of friends, it seems, in the online world. But he doesn’t care.
    Ward believes he’ll have a title soon around his waist, and that will shut people up.
    “F–k yeah, I’m going to be the next Bellator middleweight champion. You know I am,” he said. “And everyone talking s–t about me on the Internet, hating on me and calling me a white-trash punk, they’ll see. And then they’ll have to eat their f–king words after this. It’s going to be beautiful.”
    Well if the shoe fits......

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Yeah I got screwed there, It was in Bessette's home town/state. He lost a pretty clear 2 rounds to 1. I parlayed fight doesn't go to decision also. I'm not sure Ward will have anything left if it goes late.
    Yeah he clearly lost.

Skel

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/27...y-dally-around

"I think it's going to be fun," Ward finishes with a chuckle. "I think it's going to fun for everybody. I think we're going to bang. It's going to be a real physical, real bang-out, real hands-on fight. There's not going to be a lot of strategizing. Whoever wants it more is going to win. That's what everyone wants to see. No one wants to see you lay down on somebody.

"I'm going to choke him out. Second round, man. That's what I'm seeing in my head. I got another one coming for you."

Skel

http://themmareport.com/2014/03/bell...o-make-weight/

"The only fighter to come in heavy on his first attempt was featherweight Desmond Green. He came in at 147.5 pounds and he was given an additional two hours to make the featherweight limit of 146 pounds, which he was able to do at 145.8 pounds. Also missing weigh on his first attempt was preliminary card fighter Rad Martinez. He came in at 146.1 pounds for his featherweight bout against Edson Berto. He was also given an additional two hours to make weight and he was able to make weight at 145.9 pounds."

Skel

Bubba Jenkins vs. Sean Powers

I've watched a little tape on Powers and seems too unathletic to win this one but the height difference is a doozy and he does like to throw knees.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd

Jenkins also likes to gas himself out as soon as possible in fights.

Skel

---

Skel

Quote Originally Posted by Dwil125 View Post
    Jenkins also likes to gas himself out as soon as possible in fights.
    Sean Powers is from Utah while Jenkins trains at sea level so the elevation means more of an endurance advantage for Powers. Bubba doesn't seem to train that seriously, take his diet that seriously, or be that hungry to improve. I'm pretty sure he smokes weed too. From what I've seen, he already thinks he's some sort of star and expects to just coast. That's unfortunate, as without his athleticism advantage he really isn't anything special. However, in this fight he will enjoy a big athleticism advantage and should take the win. At -1200, though, I'd stay away.

Skel

The over 2.5 on Green/Martinez is -170. Does that seem low to anyone else?

Ron_Paul_2012

Sean Powers is from Utah while Jenkins trains at sea level so the elevation means more of an endurance advantage for Powers. Bubba doesn't seem to train that seriously, take his diet that seriously, or be that hungry to improve. I'm pretty sure he smokes weed too. From what I've seen, he already thinks he's some sort of star and expects to just coast. That's unfortunate, as without his athleticism advantage he really isn't anything special. However, in this fight he will enjoy a big athleticism advantage and should take the win. At -1200, though, I'd stay away.
    Well that's actually a good thing. However, -1200 is way too expensive. I could see him getting gassed out for sure.

Ron_Paul_2012

I'm thinking the butter tooth is going to win this fight. Estus is going down!

Ron_Paul_2012

Bubba "Don't Believe Tha Hype" Jenkins. Could we see an upset by Powers?

Skel

My bets for tonight:

Shlemenko/Ward doesn't go to decision 14.7 units to win 6 units
    Alexander Shlemenko 19 units to win 5.5 units
    Daniel Weichel 4.75 units to win 2.5 units
    Shlemenko+Weichel 3 units to win 2.72 units

Locked in Shlemenko early at bad odds as i thought the line would shift toward favoring him more.
    LET'S GO STORM!!!!

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Desi mothafukin green!

Let the kid eat!
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave Rubber Guard 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

123 Last