SBRPicks
    SBRPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR Videos UFC 169 Preview w/ Nick Kalikas, Reed Kuhn (Fightnomics.com), Peter Loshak

Nick Kalikas from MMAOddsBreaker.com, professional MMA oddsmaker and MMA betting consultant, and Reed Kuhn, MMA statistical analyst from Fightnomics.com, joined SBR Videos host Peter Loshak to preview the Main Card from UFC 169.

Jose Aldo vs Ricardo Lamas
    Aldo again a huge fave vs an impressive opponent

Renan Barao vs Urijah Faber
    Barao a big fave in Faber rematch

Frank Mir vs Alistair Overeem

Heavyweight clash could end quickly

John Lineker vs Ali Bagautinov

Hard-hitting flyweights square off

Jamie Varner vs Abel Trujillo

Varner favored vs aggressive Trujillo

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Thanks for the previews.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Loshak!!

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Cheers

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/m...ight-night-36/

Not only that, they should have lost on all bets the weekend before. As Alan patrick was handed a faulty decision, Nick catone should also have lost. Their losing bet tony martin was a horrible bet as well. Rookie mistake, if youre ufc betting, you should take a look at the statistics for debuting fighers in the ufc (where are you reed kuhn?) And the guy tony martin faced was a russian monster that everybody know are killing it in the ufc and bellator etc. Just a rookie mistake like i said.

So the real number the last two event should be -15 units. So if they had lost on UFC 169, Oddsbreaker had now been on a 4 event losing streak instead of 3 out of 4, which obviously also is pretty bad.

Losing on 3 out of 4 last events losing isn't a coincidencei bet i can net the double of what the MMAoddsbreakers guys can.

bjpenn85

Nik kalikas claiming betting on yuri alcantara is risky, while making one of his main play on jesse ronson, another debuting ufc fighter. Is this a joke? He should re-evaluate what his doing together with that clown luca fury.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Calluses a square better

Good videos though
    You can pick up some good information out of them

bjpenn85

MMAoddsbreaker continues losing streak extending to 4 or actually 5 events in row. Main plays consisting of yet another debuting ufc fighter...

bjpenn85

Im not sure, but i also think they are cheating with the numbers on the free plays so that if they loose they dont use them, but if they win, they use them. A bit pathetic. A bit luca fury like.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Im not sure, but i also think they are cheating with the numbers on the free plays so that if they loose they dont use them, but if they win, they use them. A bit pathetic. A bit luca fury like.
    also interesting to note, when they tweeted the free play of makovsky -175 parlayed with sterling -250, these were the reduced juice odds which aren't parlayable. actual parlayable odds at the time were -185 and -260.

Brian Hemminger
    Brian Hemminger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Hey, just clearing something up. We've never included the free play with our results for premium. Notice, last night our premium went 1-2 and lost 1.7 units. While free play gave us a 0.7 unit profit, we still posted that premium lost for the night and gave a free extension to a few members who lost money over the four event package as theirs expired yesterday. Nothing Luca-like about it.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

So, respond to Punisher's accusation.

You guys give out plays which are IMPOSSIBLE to make, padding your record further.

Brian Hemminger

I'll have to check with Nick. I think he was just looking at BestFightOdds.com when we posted the odds for it. If that's the case, then we'll make sure it never happens again. Believe me, the last thing we ever want to do is deceive anyone.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hemminger View Post
    I'll have to check with Nick. I think he was just looking at BestFightOdds.com when we posted the odds for it. If that's the case, then we'll make sure it never happens again. Believe me, the last thing we ever want to do is deceive anyone.
    you guys dont actually make the plays that your are recommending? honest question. i was under the impression that you (and other touts) are actually making these plays.

Brian Hemminger

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    you guys dont actually make the plays that your are recommending? honest question. i was under the impression that you (and other touts) are actually making these plays.
    I know for a fact Nick plays every bet he recommends. Usually he already has them played before he gives them out so I'm assuming that's what happened this time around.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

So 5dimes allows Nick to bet at the very same place he sets the lines at?

bjpenn85

Interesting, so its only Nik that bets on MMA? What about adam martin and yourself, or any other member? If only nik bets it signifantly distorts the product. Its not a team, more like a one man show. A boat with one captain that wanks in front of his own mirrior. Nik seems like a great guy and all so dont misunderstand.

bjpenn85

I do think so. He has commented this in his podcast, or someone at sherdog i cant remember.I do think he has some kind of a ban or something, that he is not allowed to make plays after..lets say thursday, or something like that. Most lines are accurate anyway, so its not like he gives himself gift lines. But its kind of sneaky...isnt it?

bjpenn85

Now...8 loss in a row.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Now...8 loss in a row.
    Ha yeah, breaking recordz son! Id love to know if there are people still paying for their winnerz?!

bjpenn85

Haha, i feel sorry for them. Isnt it weird that kalikas set so accurate lines, which requires a bit of skill, and then on the other hand, is completely unable to pick the correct fighter to win. Isnt that a huuuuuuge/gigantic paradox?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha yeah it is.

Maybe their subscription levels are higher than theyve ever been though as people sign up just so they can fade?!

bjpenn85

Yeah, its a costly affair. those 38 units is like...maybe what i earned through last months, is worthless. I think reed kuhn should take over the whole betting/ and betting section as the ubertail of the tape predictions usually is spot on. Kalikas should make lines, and brian h, should stop licking kalikas as, because everytime he disagrees with kalikas, his right with his picks. As much as i like kalikas, he is a terrible gambler and should not hand out any betting picks at all.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Thats a little harsh. Kalikas is pretty sharp, and I expect him to turn this around. TBH, I think he'd be better off on his own. Some of his recent plays seem to have been "stats" influenced in the wrong places.

FightFightFight

Definitely agree he shouldn't be handing out picks though.

bjpenn85

True, but kuhns uber tail isnt that bad.

Its crazy difficult to win a lot when you only allow yourself to bet on plus money wagers and pickemzz.

FightFightFight

Not bashing Kuhn, just can't go on stats without context. Kuhn did better than I thought he would in his book with providing some insightful context. Definitely, Kalikas style will win less frequently, and be more streaky, but that evens out in long run with big wins as does the 55u losses of betting favorites with small wins. I think he should've stuck with it Sunday...

FightFightFight

99% of the time, stats just tell you what common sense does. Think its more of a detriment if you focus too hard on it, as it could get in the way of common sense. I bought Reeds book knowing that, but hoping to learn at least one thing from it, and really did'nt find it useful, but thought it was well done.

bjpenn85

Sure, kalikas still willl win long term, but if youre good you can combine both styles. Both favourites and underdogs and he only seem to master on of them. I do agree with what you said about the book. For most people that have followed the sport there is very little value in terms of what you can use for betting purposes. But yeah, well done, and i welcome anyone to make another book solely for betting purposes. I think youre so right about stats 99% of the time stats usually tells you what is common sense, and that it can easil get in the way from the overall picture.

FightFightFight

Definitely.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Dunno why you'd want to read statistical analysis from a guy who barely understands stats himself.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

You guys aren't actually paying for these picks are you? He's clearly feeding you to the book.

Last week he recommended one of the guys as a straight up pick, but then didn't release him as a play at +200 or whatever. That doesn't make any sense.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ha yee BJ, u a havent been paying for them and tailing have u?!

Yee he picked leonardo santos against parke but didnt play him! Lol

FightFightFight

Lol. Nunya HATES touts. Must have tried some in the past.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Lol. Nunya HATES touts. Must have tried some in the past.
    Yep, that's the reason.

Probably has nothing to do with the fact that I've tried to help you guys learn how to beat the books, rather than give out some stupid pick here or there.

123 Last