MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Lidell's got that look in his eyes!
    Vitor's finally old again!
    Points Awarded:

Sykes gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Lidell's got that look in his eyes!
    haha

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

odds out

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Hall -280 books must assume Leben's style will force Uriah to punch him with his fists.. I've lost everytime hall has fought, could this finally be a win? Speaking of someone who beat Hall, I love Siyar over John Howard at -160

Beelzebubzy

Hall via jab fest and takedowns

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Tibau

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Tibau
    If it goes 3 rounds that's a problem for tibau, he gasses out bad..

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

man i'm always on the wrong end of a Michael Johnson fight

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    Hall -280 books must assume Leben's style will force Uriah to punch him with his fists.. I've lost everytime hall has fought, could this finally be a win? Speaking of someone who beat Hall, I love Siyar over John Howard at -160
    I think this is my bet of the night. Line is moving in our favor as Siyar is now at -140.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Shaping up to be a good card. Love the matchups.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

UFC 168: Ronda Rousey's corner 'will bet 20 grand on me'

By Nate Wilcox @KidNate on Dec 23 2013, 9:42a 26

Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports

The UFC women's Bantamweight champ brags to Fox News that her corner will bet $20,000 to win $2,500 on her fights.

Ronda Rousey is set to defend her women's UFC Bantamweight belt against Miesha Tate this Saturday, December 28 at UFC 168. The two have fought before and Rousey won via first round arm bar. In fact, Rousey has won all 7 of her pro fights via first round arm bar.
    That makes her fights a little predictable to oddsmakers who tend not to be generous with those wishing to bet on Rousey. Including her own corner. Here's what Ronda told Fox Sports:
    "My whole corner bets on me," Rousey told FOX Sports. "They get mad at me because my odds always suck. They split like over 20 grand every fight because they believe in me. It doesn't put any extra pressure on me. I'm like, 'F--- yeah.' My guys have so much faith in me they'll put down 20 grand to win five.
    "THEY GET MAD AT ME BECAUSE MY ODDS ALWAYS SUCK.
    "This time, my friends were like, 'Ronda, if it wasn't a sure bet, I would be mad at you,'" she said. "I was expecting the odds actually to be closer because I went to do all that movie stuff and I thought maybe more people would doubt me because of that. To see I'm up that much is kind of cool but no so great for friends. It's nice to know they're so confident in me though."
    Currently Rousey is a -800 favorite against Tate according to BestFightOdds.com. That means her corner would win roughly $2500 if they bet $20,000 and she beats Tate.
    I find it fascinating that baseball will ban you for life if you bet on the game, but in MMA it's totally sanctioned. What a mysterious world.

Beelzebubzy

Thor where you at

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Thor where you at
    right here. Wuz up? Are u talking about her corner putting up that cash? The hatred for Rhonda and especially at these odds will bring in a lot more money on Tate than this chump change u possibly think is big. Only way Tate can win is sub or knockout. It goes the full five she has no shot to win a decision even if she beats her from pillar to post.

Thor4140

[IMG][/IMG]

Beelzebubzy

I meant in the bullshit that Ronda can bet on herself here Thor

Thor4140

I meant in the bullshit that Ronda can bet on herself here Thor
    i don't see any problem with it. Dana doesn't control this sport like the NFL or NBA. He realizes these are fighters who want to win. The other leagues don't want players fixing games for themselves because it will cut out on their action that the books funnel to them when, the leagues fixes a game with their corrupt coaches, refs, and certain players. See Pete Rose for instance. A guy that did it behind the leagues back and now has paid the ultimate price while rapist still get to play as well as drug addict and pushers. Imagine that. Pete was made an example so the other athletes who don't know this nonsense is rigged, pay attention and know their rolls. I do have to appaul these leagues tho. They actually have benefited from the simple-mindedness of the sports fan who can't see through this stuff. It is a trillion dollar industry world wide. To think this stuff is all on the up and up is almost as comical as thinking the books want equal action on both sides lol. Bleeze im flying out of town in about 2 and a half hours so tell ur buddies who post the tin foil hats to save it. They put the g in gullible. I should be able to post but if not i hope u guys have a nice Christmas.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 12-24-13 at 08:08 AM.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

None of the leagues want their games to be fixed. Fixed games jeopardize the millions of dollars of legitimate profits that they make every year. If there is a fixed game, it will be without the knowledge of the team or league.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    None of the leagues want their games to be fixed. Fixed games jeopardize the millions of dollars of legitimate profits that they make every year. If there is a fixed game, it will be without the knowledge of the team or league.
    Yeah just look at all the betting scandals that occurred in Football, Baseball, Boxing, Basketball & Soccer. After the numerous scandals happened all of those league's disappeared (sarcasm).

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Direct participants in any credible sporting event…like the fighters and their staff should not be allowed to bet on themselves and not be allowed to discuss bets on any fighter in the UFC.

Let's not kid ourselves…perhaps the largest number of fixed sporting events over the last century was in prize fighting. Dana has the power through league rules to fix this leak in judgment.

I read all 4 pages of great comments from a lot of sharp MMA cappers. Thank you all.

My analysis of the Spider/Weidman fight is to back Silva.

From a non technical analysis Spider is a proud fighter that won fight after fight forever. He looked like sh*t versus Chael in perhaps Chael's best fight ever…albeit a losing effort. He bounced back against Bonnar when he went to work. I think he bounces back Saturday night in a big way.

From a psychological perspective the winning fighter is always at a disadvantage in the second fight. For Spider it is go big or (maybe) go home. He is 38 and he is not going to climb up the ladder again to get another shot. Middleweight competition is getting very good.

From a money perspective both fighters stand to make the largest amount of money in UFC history if Anderson wins this fight and a near automatic rematch is scheduled later in 2014. I am not saying the Weidman does not have true integrity but often huge fights are destiny.

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4447

This is the link to FightMetric's match up page. As I interpret this data Spider's striking accuracy is outstanding. His striking defense is very good. So he hits and avoids being hit…that is his greatest strength as a fighter, imo.

Weidman is an unreal grappler who not only has a takedown average off the chart but a 100% takedown defense. (Is that possible?) So Anderson WILL NOT beat Weidman anywhere close to the mat. Fortunately Spider's takedown defense is very good as well.

If this fight continually goes to the ground Weidman wins and if it stays up Silva regains the title and an epic rubber match ensues that makes everybody fabulously more wealthy.

At 2-1 or above it is not worth the risk, imo…at -155 5D…it is a helluva bet. I don't think I can wait around for the Reduced lines to be posted as the line is likely to jump once the public starts paying attention.

bol all
    Last edited by Catchn_Picks; 12-25-13 at 09:07 PM.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    lmao! its going to be like two mosquitoes fighting for a dry spot over a sweaty fat woman. hahaha

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    Direct participants in any credible sporting event…like the fighters and their staff should not be allowed to bet on themselves and not be allowed to discuss bets on any fighter in the UFC.

Let's not kid ourselves…perhaps the largest number of fixed sporting events over the last century was in prize fighting. Dana has the power through league rules to fix this leak in judgment.
    how would this be enforced? the fighters could easily have a friend/family place the bet for them. also, the concern isnt fighters betting on themselves, but rather betting on the opponent.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

hey guys, gaberzyan is recommending a bet on rousey in round 1 at -120.

going out on a limb here, you might prefer Fight doesnt start round 2 at +100.

Beelzebubzy

Gabes picks are free?

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Gabes picks are free?
    gabe doesn't charge but you'll end up paying tony
    Points Awarded:

mirinquads gave PunisherIND 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany, and cheeese

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Favorite bet is Leban +250. Leban may be at the end of his career. Leban may be a throw back, brawler from early days that can't keep up with today's MMA. But Hall is still being overrated. Leban still has a solid chin. Is much more experienced. And still can hurt you. Hall is mentally fragile and I don't see how fighting for your job really helps that any. Hall can maybe keep it on the outside and throw hard kicks of many kind, and keep Leban off him. But I'm not buying Hall, there is no reason to. +250 is just way too much for a guy who has beat no one and is 7-4 in his career. Hall is STILL living off a couple TUF fights. Leban may be able to wrestle him as well if he puts his ego aside. +250 is just a ridiculous number too me, even if Hall finds a switch and ends Leban's career.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Favorite bet is Leban +250. Leban may be at the end of his career. Leban may be a throw back, brawler from early days that can't keep up with today's MMA. But Hall is still being overrated. Leban still has a solid chin. Is much more experienced. And still can hurt you. Hall is mentally fragile and I don't see how fighting for your job really helps that any. Hall can maybe keep it on the outside and throw hard kicks of many kind, and keep Leban off him. But I'm not buying Hall, there is no reason to. +250 is just way too much for a guy who has beat no one and is 7-4 in his career. Hall is STILL living off a couple TUF fights. Leban may be able to wrestle him as well if he puts his ego aside. +250 is just a ridiculous number too me, even if Hall finds a switch and ends Leban's career.

But but Uncle Dana said Uriah Hall is the next Anderson Silva!

Beelzebubzy

Just saw Countdown

Weidman needs to upgrade his wife
    Same as Benson Henderson

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Weidmans is a 10 in comparison to Bensons.

Beelzebubzy

off topic

thowing a filkins or flintz (flier on lentz) on Rousey by KO

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

real good read there

Beelzebubzy