Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Playing gsp round 4 at +2150

4.65 aka a happy meal
    Ya know........ I really would not be surprised if that cashes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Kristof Midoux, one of the first Canadian MMA fighters and long-time mentor of current UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, has told St-Pierre to retire this Saturday after he fights Johny Hendricks at UFC 167. Midoux recounted the conversation he had with GSP in a recent interview with La Presse.
    Me, I told him, ‘After this one, it’s over! Shine on that night. Finish that dude in front of everyone. Shut your detractors up. If you finish that guy, if you knock him out, then you’ll be free, you’ll be happy to take the microphone and to say that you’re done. To say that you are giving your place to others.’
    I told him, ‘Finish well, Georges, and have the courage to take the microphone and to thank everyone.’ Those who won’t understand are those who have nothing to understand. They’re selfish. It’s time for him to think about himself. It’s the greatest gift he can give to himself. He could take advantage of what life has to offer and start a family.
    When asked if there’s a chance St-Pierre may actually take Midoux’s advice, Midoux said yes.
    Personally,” he explained, “I’d love for it to happen like that. I’d really like for him not to make the same mistake that so many fighters have made. I wouldn’t want him to go on until he’s 35 years old. He has plans.
    I told him to be selfish. It’s not true that you can have a family and children and remain at the highest level of the sport. He took my advice. If Georges really wants to start a family, he’ll have to do it after his career. At 32 years old, the time is right for him to do that. People want to see him in the cage until he’s 40, but at 40, he’ll be a has-been with no wife and no kids.
    At 32, St-Pierre has plans that go beyond having a family. He wants to open his own martial arts school, something Midoux said they plan to discuss after this weekend’s fight.
    Midoux also said that another reason to retire this Saturday is to open his title to friend and teammate Rory MacDonald.
    Rory has the ability to become a champion,” Midoux said. “Rory will never want to fight Georges because they’re friends. So I told Georges, ‘Out of respect, don’t keep that guy from climbing the ranks. You’ve had your career. Shake his hand on Saturday evening and yield your place to him. You don’t need this… life. Pass the torch to the next generation. Help Rory become a champion to show that Canadians dominate this weight class.’ It would be intelligent. It would be generous, and Georges is generous.

Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/gsps-mentor-to...YTAb633SvOR.99

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

New reality show GSP looking for love

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    New reality show GSP looking for love
    I think you mean looking for aliens.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by CDMKMP View Post
    I think you mean looking for aliens.
    ee iz crazay in iz 'ed

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Kristof Midoux, one of the first Canadian MMA fighters and long-time mentor of current UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, has told St-Pierre to retire this Saturday after he fights Johny Hendricks at UFC 167. Midoux recounted the conversation he had with GSP in a recent interview with La Presse.
    Me, I told him, ‘After this one, it’s over! Shine on that night. Finish that dude in front of everyone. Shut your detractors up. If you finish that guy, if you knock him out, then you’ll be free, you’ll be happy to take the microphone and to say that you’re done. To say that you are giving your place to others.’
    I told him, ‘Finish well, Georges, and have the courage to take the microphone and to thank everyone.’ Those who won’t understand are those who have nothing to understand. They’re selfish. It’s time for him to think about himself. It’s the greatest gift he can give to himself. He could take advantage of what life has to offer and start a family.
    When asked if there’s a chance St-Pierre may actually take Midoux’s advice, Midoux said yes.
    Personally,” he explained, “I’d love for it to happen like that. I’d really like for him not to make the same mistake that so many fighters have made. I wouldn’t want him to go on until he’s 35 years old. He has plans.
    I told him to be selfish. It’s not true that you can have a family and children and remain at the highest level of the sport. He took my advice. If Georges really wants to start a family, he’ll have to do it after his career. At 32 years old, the time is right for him to do that. People want to see him in the cage until he’s 40, but at 40, he’ll be a has-been with no wife and no kids.
    At 32, St-Pierre has plans that go beyond having a family. He wants to open his own martial arts school, something Midoux said they plan to discuss after this weekend’s fight.
    Midoux also said that another reason to retire this Saturday is to open his title to friend and teammate Rory MacDonald.
    Rory has the ability to become a champion,” Midoux said. “Rory will never want to fight Georges because they’re friends. So I told Georges, ‘Out of respect, don’t keep that guy from climbing the ranks. You’ve had your career. Shake his hand on Saturday evening and yield your place to him. You don’t need this… life. Pass the torch to the next generation. Help Rory become a champion to show that Canadians dominate this weight class.’ It would be intelligent. It would be generous, and Georges is generous.

Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/gsps-mentor-to...YTAb633SvOR.99
    I think he will win the rematch vs Hendricks in Canada. However, this Saturn's Day he is getting FINISHED. Probably in the first round. The rematch in Canada will be huge!

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Stupid Ron Paul, the juice is on gsp, not Hendricks

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Stupid Ron Paul, the juice is on gsp, not Hendricks
    Hey there plucky. Here is a mental exercise I want you to try. 1st Stop breathing through your mouth. 2nd Put your face right up to your computer screen (1/2 inch away) then read my post over & over again (spend all day if you have to) until you are able to comprehend the words because words have meaning. 3rd Get back to me when you think you understand. 4th Buy a belt & pull your f*ckin' pants up & quit embarrassing yourself ya n*glet!

mirinquads

Flab them gums son, its all youre good for.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Flab them gums son, its all youre good for.
    I believe the word is flap not flab dumb dumb.

mirinquads

Attaboy

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Good stuff momma nose...good luck on your first dog

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Jonny hendricks is overrated

he will get taken down and submitted

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    Jonny hendricks is overrated

he will get taken down and submitted

Yup, guy without a sub in 8 years and had some can in an armbar for 20 minutes is getting the sub magically.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    Yup, guy without a sub in 8 years and had some can in an armbar for 20 minutes is getting the sub magically.
    Vaug is not gonna like that comment bud. He knows who u are calling a can.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Vaug is not gonna like that comment bud. He knows who u are calling a can.
    I think Regie9 meant Dan not can. Take it easy V. Just a simple little mistake.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Plays here:

GSP -240 Very Large
    Rory -255 Large
    Dunham +120 Moderate-Small
    Chael +165 Small
    GSP ITD +400 Small

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    im callin it now

winna by submission

georges st. pierre

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Plays here:

GSP -240 Very Large
    Rory -255 Large
    Dunham +120 Moderate-Small
    Chael +165 Small
    GSP ITD +400 Small
    Your MacDonald & Dunham plays were smart & @ a good price. GL.

Ron_Paul_2012

im callin it now

winna by submission

georges st. pierre
    Winning via sub. is the game plan laid out by Firas Zahabi. Whether or not GSP will be able to implement that plan is a very interesting proposition. I can certainly understand why you are betting GSP via sub.

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Winning via sub. is the game plan laid out by Firas Zahabi. Whether or not GSP will be able to implement that plan is a very interesting proposition. I can certainly understand why you are betting GSP via sub.

I just don't see how people jump on hype trains so fast, so the guy has a few quick knockouts that doesn't mean anything except that he's dangerous in the first 1 or 2 rounds, the way i see it GSP will just frustrate Jonny the first couple rounds come out pretending to strike then sneak into clinch positions and attempt takedowns to try and wear Jonny's wrestling down, he'll hold onto his arms and transition back and forth from double leg to clinch. The first 2 rounds will just be a psychological battle and after jonny loses the first 2 rounds defending takedowns and being confused trying to find where the fight is going the hype balloon will deflate he will get more desperate and anxious and he'll make mistakes where GSP will exploit those mistakes.

Jonny is a lazy fighter he only relies on that one punch ko power and never plans any strategy to fall back on, once he's frustrated from realizing that he's got nothing to offer besides one punch luck he'll just become a lil bitch
    Last edited by Imsmarterthanu; 11-14-13 at 12:51 AM.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

^You have hit the nail on the head. You're right on target. You are 100% on the money. That point you make is right on point. You hit it right down the middle.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

In the words of the American Gangster Chael Sonnen: "I wont believe anyone can beat Georges, until they beat Georges." By watching several interviews St. Pierre looks calm and it shows he's been in the spotlight before. Hendricks sounds frustrated and anxious to get in the cage (Can't blame him, cutting a lot of weight and having to deal with some annoying media). GSP might make an announcement after the fight. There is speculation he would move to lightweight but why would he risk losing at a lower weight class. There's the Anderson Silva super fight but he hasn't expressed too much interest in that. I predict GSP, Rashad, and Rory to win.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

GSP post fight interview: I clenshed with Johnee like Beeshay to feel da blud in 'is showlders. Johnee iz da best com-pet-e-tor I 'ave evor faced. Firas iz a jean-e-us and 'elped show me 'ow to avoid Johnees punsh to da 'ead. It's mai time to re-ty-ur and start un fam-a-lee aftur I find a 'usband. Merci beaucoup toute la monde...
    Points Awarded:

Noleafclover gave Wanna Bet On It? 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

omalley21 gave Wanna Bet On It? 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    GSP post fight interview: I clenshed with Johnee like Beeshay to feel da blud in 'is showlders. Johnee iz da best com-pet-e-tor I 'ave evor faced. Firas iz a jean-e-us and 'elped show me 'ow to avoid Johnees punsh to da 'ead. It's mai time to re-ty-ur and start un fam-a-lee aftur I find a 'usband. Merci beaucoup toute la monde...
    hilarious. Here is GSP's walk out song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgHJMMXfbhE ..pretty gangsta

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Wanted to bet Sonnen at dog money, but I don't think I can after watching film. Davis is the closest comparable and I didn't see enough there. It's also worrying that Sonnen's TDD/clinch game hasn't overly impressed me lately. And Evans shouldn't have much to worry about except the takedown. Don't have the guts to bet the other side either because Sonnen's seemed to raise his level against any but the champs.

rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

You should bet Sonnen one of the best underdogs for this card imo.

Ron_Paul_2012

Here are my picks.

SD1.jpg

SD2.jpg

SD3.jpg

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

I just don't see how people jump on hype trains so fast
    I don't see anyone here betting Hendricks.

Although I will hedge with the kotn.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

GSP all day. GSP just has more to offer than Johnny...and his KO punch is too predictable for someone like GSP...a strategist. Can he be caught? Absolutely but I dont see it.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Trigg seems to like Rashad and Lawler an awful lot on that oddsbreaker thing. I honestly don't know what to make of the Rashad/Sonnen fight. Kalikas says all the money is coming on Chael, yet the line isn't moving like it is. He is probably lying anyway.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

"..he is probably lying anyway" <--- Premium joke

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Trigg seems to like Rashad and Lawler an awful lot on that oddsbreaker thing. I honestly don't know what to make of the Rashad/Sonnen fight. Kalikas says all the money is coming on Chael, yet the line isn't moving like it is. He is probably lying anyway.
    He also liked Hendricks by decision.

I repeat,

He also liked Hendricks by decision

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Lol

mirinquads

Yep, lets listen to the guy WHO SETS THE LINES, and ADVICE PEOPLE ON WHO TO BET.

Let me repeat, sets the lines, makes money off of them. Advices people who to bet.

Sets lines, money, tells you who to bet.

Yeah.
    Points Awarded:

brokenbrain gave mirinquads 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NunyaBidness

First 123456 ... Last