Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question about Over/Under MMA Round Betting

I'm new to MMA wagering and just joined this forum. I have a question about over/under round betting in MMA.

If a fight like the upcoming Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate for example has a prop bet that says "Over 1 1/2 rounds" or "Under 1 1/2 rounds", does that mean that that over is a winning bet if the fight goes to at least 2:31 of round two? Or does that mean round three has to start for over to be a win? The sports book in question is 5Dimes if that makes a difference as it's the only book I am registered at so far. I'm not sure if all sports books are the same in this regard.

Thanks in advance!

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are correct good sir.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Yeah your correct, it works the same in boxing, generally in the UFC you will get o/u 1.5 rounds (must go past the midpoint of round 2 to hit the over) o/u 2.5 rounds (must go past the midpoint of round 3 to hit the over) and o/u 4.5 rounds (must go past the midpoint of round 5 to hit the over)

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the replies guys. Just to be clear if the wager is "Over 2 1/2 Rounds" (or "Under 2 1/2 Rounds" for that matter) and the fight ends officially at exactly 2:30 of round three would that be that a push?

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Id of thought that would of been a lose looks like its not on Dimes though.

A total listed on a fight represents the total number of completed rounds. The halfway point of a round is at exactly one minute and thirty seconds into a three minute round. Thus, 4½ rounds would be one minute and thirty seconds of the 5th round. The halfway point of a two minute round is at the one minute mark. The halfway point of a five minute round is at the two minutes and thirty seconds mark.

If an over/under boxing total lands on the exact half round total in a fight, the wager will be a push. If the phrase "Fight goes 1:30 round X", and the fight ends at exactly that second of that round, then "Fight goes" will be graded the winner.