Betpoints: 5318

Wow he has one arm and can't lose...

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    That's not how a line works.

This Nick Newell Character is a bitch to cap, his creepy hand kinda changes the whole dynamic of a fight, seems to give him a slight speed edge when blocking and throwing in close, and in certain submissions (He hit a nice heelhook using Mr. stumpy to get the position quicker.) Though, when facing a good grappler its likely to be a disadvantage due to no solid grip in some positions and handfighting. Also I gotta think that it's going to be a disadvantage if he faces an opponent who actually knows how to keep distance, use lateral movement and counter properly. He just swings wildly when he gets in close. Hes undefeated but his opposition has been garbage.
    He is a fluid levelchanger and uses his wrestling quite a bit to get dominant position and is aggressive. Also have good transitions into submissions. He also has fluid and quick kicks, though they dont seem to have a lot behind them. Makes him look busy for the judges though. He looks good in his victories, but I have yet to find a fight where he couldn't just completely truck his opponent because of the skill disparity. Haven't really seen him overcome opposition yet.
    Not impressed with Keons takedown defence or speed, though I haven't been able to find that much prober tape on him. Not sure this is the fight to fade him, but the day will come.

mirinquads

also wtf 1 arm

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    also wtf 1 arm

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

also wtf 1 arm
    For real to me that should be a huge disadvantage... I am so tempted to fade him. HE can't just keep winnign with one arm and I think this is his hardest opponent hes had to face.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

What I mean is that in order for there to be even marginal value on either side, you either have to 'cap Tyson at -209 or lower, or -291 or higher. If I 'capped Tyson at -230, the line would still be set well.

As for Newell, I really don't want to bet on him in any fight, simply because the dynamic of his arm is something that I really don't know how to account for. I doubt anyone does, really. It's very bizarre.

Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    What I mean is that in order for there to be even marginal value on either side, you either have to 'cap Tyson at -209 or lower, or -291 or higher. If I 'capped Tyson at -230, the line would still be set well.

As for Newell, I really don't want to bet on him in any fight, simply because the dynamic of his arm is something that I really don't know how to account for. I doubt anyone does, really. It's very bizarre.
    It's further complicated by the fact that the promotion has an obvious interest in his winning for promotional reasons. Their putting a one-armed (rather, one-handed) fighter on TV probably accounts for half their viewing audience.

I don't know anything about this Keon guy, but I looked into his record a bit and it turns out his seemingly impressive 9-1 record is equally as worthless as Newell's deceivingly impressive 9-0 record. Ultimately, I agree with miringquads... there will definitely come a time to fade him, but at first glance I don't think this is the time.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Put a tiny bit on Hempleman's opener after watching a bit of footage last night.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Das Jax View Post
    It's further complicated by the fact that the promotion has an obvious interest in his winning for promotional reasons. Their putting a one-armed (rather, one-handed) fighter on TV probably accounts for half their viewing audience.

I don't know anything about this Keon guy, but I looked into his record a bit and it turns out his seemingly impressive 9-1 record is equally as worthless as Newell's deceivingly impressive 9-0 record. Ultimately, I agree with miringquads... there will definitely come a time to fade him, but at first glance I don't think this is the time.
    keon is the guy that quit on tuf started crying and asked dana if he could leave. I was just thinking about that dude and would love to fade his no heart ass then Bam he pops up here.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Put a tiny bit on Hempleman's opener after watching a bit of footage last night.
    so you moved the line.

Educ8d Degener8

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    so you moved the line.
    LOL, I don't think my pocket change moved that line. Some rich folk like Nuna must've came in and hit that line as well.

I only watched a bit of footage but quick impression was value on hempleman.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Hempleman looked pretty good against McVeigh. He comes from a gymnastics background. Supposedly as a kid he was one of the best in the world. McVeigh tried to take him down in round 1(I think it was r1) and he hopped around like he was on a pogo stick while punching McVeigh in the head until he let go. It was actually pretty impressive. I have to wonder what his takedowns look like. I wouldn't surprised if he could shoot a really nice power double and takedown Moraes. Tough fight to cap and I really don't want to try because Moraes is a very good kickboxer and should have the advantage standing but for all I know Hempleman will come to wrestle and do a decent job. I have no idea what Moraes looks like off his back and I no idea what Hemplemans submission defense looks like. Probably going to just avoid this one. Oh and Tyrone Sponges line sucks as much as I imagined it would. I expect Tyson Griffin to win. The one armed guy will probably wrestle his way to a decision or submission win. Nick Newll/Tyson Griffin/Moraes/Sponge. If I hadn't lost so much recently I would probably bet it just for the hell of it. Watch it win.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Hempleman looked pretty good against McVeigh. He comes from a gymnastics background. Supposedly as a kid he was one of the best in the world. McVeigh tried to take him down in round 1(I think it was r1) and he hopped around like he was on a pogo stick while punching McVeigh in the head until he let go. It was actually pretty impressive. I have to wonder what his takedowns look like. I wouldn't surprised if he could shoot a really nice power double and takedown Moraes. Tough fight to cap and I really don't want to try because Moraes is a very good kickboxer and should have the advantage standing but for all I know Hempleman will come to wrestle and do a decent job. I have no idea what Moraes looks like off his back and I no idea what Hemplemans submission defense looks like. Probably going to just avoid this one. Oh and Tyrone Sponges line sucks as much as I imagined it would. I expect Tyson Griffin to win. The one armed guy will probably wrestle his way to a decision or submission win. Nick Newll/Tyson Griffin/Moraes/Sponge. If I hadn't lost so much recently I would probably bet it just for the hell of it. Watch it win.
    you picking tyson too? guess im alone of this one. oh and admiring quadriceps.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

admiring quadriceps this is for you

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

His last fight over in Europe vs McVeigh was impressive for where he is at in his career. He is definitely a live dog.

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    His last fight over in Europe vs McVeigh was impressive for where he is at in his career. He is definitely a live dog.
    Yeah I agree. I don't consider him a more skilled fighter than Moraes. Moraes is a kickboxing champ and a brown belt in bjj. That doesn't mean Hempleman can't win though. His athleticism is top notch.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Yeah I agree. I don't consider him a more skilled fighter than Moraes. Moraes is a kickboxing champ and a brown belt in bjj. That doesn't mean Hempleman can't win though. His athleticism is top notch.
    Exactly. He is an underdog for a reason. However, as I said before he is definitely a live dog & I understand why the degenerate dude put a little on him.

mirinquads

admiring quadriceps this is for you

kripsak
    kripsak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3693

I couldn't find any quad's, but I think this is pretty close:

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Taking the explosive athletic guy against old stumpy, just for shits and giggles

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Educ8d Degener8

How much does Gabe have on Papazian?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

How much does Gabe have on Papazian?
    102% of his bankroll if it wins

a flier if he loses

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    102% of his bankroll if it wins

a flier if he loses
    new forum comedian with v gone, same awful humor

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    new forum comedian with v gone, same awful humor
    u happy V got his brains blown out?

mmaed

So the final word with v is he was banned for selling points?

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Love how V is the nicest guy around...but does some underground shit to stab SBR in the back. Love it...he needs to be back!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Love how V is the nicest guy around...but does some underground shit to stab SBR in the back. Love it...he needs to be back!
    Stab SBR in the back? You mean the site that encouraged me (and others) to deposit thousands at BetIslands, and then when they went belly up, they refuse to even acknowledge it existed?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Stab SBR in the back? You mean the site that encouraged me (and others) to deposit thousands at BetIslands, and then when they went belly up, they refuse to even acknowledge it existed?
    Ouch! You got Cyprused before the incident in Cyprus.

Sato

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    It only works one way pal

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Donna672 View Post
    doing a double take, love that under 2.5 at +180 on tyson

Oakley Sunglasses

yeah who ever thought these bots were smart guess again. They find other posts and just repeat them to look like they are talking in the same conversation.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

i have another angle on this JZ fight. dont know if I should post the info. Sbr is going down hill. Quality posters like V replaced by spambots

Sato

Tell me!

Ron_Paul_2012

yeah who ever thought these bots were smart guess again. They find other posts and just repeat them to look like they are talking in the same conversation.
    Well whats a little disconcerting is the fact that news is already starting to be generated in a similar fashion. And because the majority of all trades in the various stock markets around the world are now done by high frequency algorithmic super computers and that those super computers are already doing trades based on news stories in order to discover market trends before any human can. Soon all of the worlds various stock markets will be one massive feedback loop! Just when I thought the world economy couldn't get anymore ridiculous then the Ponzi/pyramid scheme that it currently is.......

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

i have another angle on this JZ fight. dont know if I should post the info. Sbr is going down hill. Quality posters like V replaced by spambots
    Is v gone or something? I haven't seen him post in a little bit

First 12345 ... Last