Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Nick Newell the one armed wonder I think should not be allowed to compete in MMA.. He has an unfair advantage with his arm subs. The nub arm slips in way to easily on sub attempts and once locked in with the good arm his sub's are almost impossible to defend.. When hooked in the torque is greater too..

If you look at his record all but one of his wins are by arm subs.. That's not by coincidence.. Also it's very hard to get under hooks on the nub side when he presses you against the cage to get a position advantage.. Impossible to prepare and train to fight the guy as well..

NICK NEWELL is a nice story but the dude should not be allowed to compete in MMA..
    Oh brother. The only advantage he has is cutting a little less weight cause the arm is prolly 5 lbs. Who the fuk wants to have a nub when a guy is trying to box your ears off? My goodness

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Oh brother. The only advantage he has is cutting a little less weight cause the arm is prolly 5 lbs. Who the fuk wants to have a nub when a guy is trying to box your ears off? My goodness
    Never thought of the weight cut advantage.. You can add more muscle weight to the rest of the body.. Yep..

Nick Newell doesn't box and trade, he closes the distance much like a Chael Sonnen and locks in the nub for the takedown.. He is a wrestler... He can still jab with the good arm, close the distance and strike with his thin ass razor elbow half arm.. He's dangerous even in the striking department for the little time the fight stays standing...

Like I said I'm not gonna ever bet against him...

Next we'll see a one legged fighter with a prosthetic limb in the cage.. Where do you draw the line?

That is why they have handicap and special Olympics and other competing disabled venues...
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-12-13 at 03:07 PM.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Above all, they should ban Kyle Maynard from the sport.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Above all, they should ban Kyle Maynard from the sport.
    They should ban the shemale trying to jump into womens MMA and they should check Cyborg for a penis if you ask me..

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Never thought of the weight cut advantage.. You can add more muscle weight to the rest of the body.. Yep..

Nick Newell doesn't box and trade, he closes the distance much like a Chael Sonnen and locks in the nub for the takedown.. He is a wrestler... He can still jab with the good arm, close the distance and strike with his thin ass razor elbow half arm.. He's dangerous even in the striking department for the little time the fight stays standing...

Like I said I'm not gonna ever bet against him...

Next we'll see a one legged fighter with a prosthetic limb in the cage
    .. Where do you draw the line?

That is why they have handicap and special Olympics and other competing disabled venues...
    I'm not going to tell you what it is, since you're obviously the only person on SBR who wouldn't realize this, but there's a little, tiny, inconsequential difference between Nick Newell and a guy with one leg who wears a prosthetic limb.

Just a little one, though. Barely even matters.

First ... 78910