sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

diaz 1,2, and 5

just rewatched the condit diaz fight. Diaz clearly won. How did you sharps score it?

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

How?

Its been a while since I watched it, but at the time I scored all five rounds for Condit.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Garcia 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, although Diaz 1, 2, 5 would be my second choice, also.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    How?

Its been a while since I watched it, but at the time I scored all five rounds for Condit.
    Any admitted bias on your part, or is that your legitimate opinion?

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Legitimate opinion. There was one round that I believed could be argued for diaz, first or second, but that is all.

It has been several months since I have watched the fight, to be fair. At the time, the only argument that I thought could be made for Diaz was the fact that he was the aggressor, however his agression was largely ineffective.

Condit outstruck and outmaneuvered him the entire fight. He was not merely evading Diaz either, it was an effective gameplan that was executed beautifully and a clear demonstration of how to beat a fighter who fights like Nick Diaz.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

I could see giving Diaz every round but the 4th

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't see how anyone had Diaz winning, at the time I felt it was a clinic by Condit.

I think the outcome affects people's opinions of this fight. Diaz clearly has a ridiculous chin, some of the kicks Condit landed, (especially a solid high kick in the jaw at some point) would have dropped pretty much any other fighter, Condit would have swarmed and everyone would have praised his early patience. Because this moment never came the perception is that he wasn't attempting to finish Diaz.

Compare this to Guida/Maynard where Guida was literally doing nothing that was ever likely to hurt Maynard.

I find it odd that people criticise Condit for not engaging Diaz in his preferred range and not allowing him to use his preferred style. Nobody criticises JDS for stuffing takedowns to keep the fight where he wants it.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I felt similarly until recently, regarding the Condit criticism; I thought the opinion that Condit was "running away" was ridiculous. I rewatched the fight recently, and although I respect his performance and think that it was one of his best, Condit literally ran away. By this I mean, he literally turned away from Diaz and sprinted to the other end of the cage at several points.

Make of that what you will.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Gonna be a dog fight

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Condit threw more, landed more and avoided Diaz. He took it 4-1 on my scorecards

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I scored it exactly the same. Anyone who thinks Condit deserved it should be ashamed.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunRua View Post
    I really don't see how anyone had Diaz winning, at the time I felt it was a clinic by Condit.

I think the outcome affects people's opinions of this fight. Diaz clearly has a ridiculous chin, some of the kicks Condit landed, (especially a solid high kick in the jaw at some point) would have dropped pretty much any other fighter, Condit would have swarmed and everyone would have praised his early patience. Because this moment never came the perception is that he wasn't attempting to finish Diaz.

Compare this to Guida/Maynard where Guida was literally doing nothing that was ever likely to hurt Maynard.

I find it odd that people criticise Condit for not engaging Diaz in his preferred range and not allowing him to use his preferred style. Nobody criticises JDS for stuffing takedowns to keep the fight where he wants it.
    Dude u are not in the minority. This is what normal fight fans think. It was a clinic. These Diaz nut huggers will be out in force when GSP dominates Nick and Nick doesn't get GSP to fight his fight. They will cry how GSP only wanted to wrestle instead of focusing on Nick not wanting to train wrestling.

goodfellas433
    goodfellas433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2549

I had diaz winning 3 rounds, perhaps my judgement was clouded by the thought of the $1100 I would have made if he did...sigh/sadface

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Anybody who refers to someone who spends the entire fight running from his opponent as "putting on a clinic" is a complete moron in my book.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Anybody who refers to someone who spends the entire fight running from his opponent as "putting on a clinic" is a complete moron in my book.
    i said normal fight fans. You are not the type of fight fan who understands styles, out striking your opponent, sticking and moving. If you would have been the judged of Floyd Mayweathers fights he would probably have 15 loses. Your type of fighter is a bull in a china shop. Lots of fluff and terror while being picked apart and not even noticing it. I guess all that smack talk and crying Nick was doing builds points with you. Condit didn't come in there to fight NIcks fight. Then again you thought Lombard steam rolled Boetsch

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i said normal fight fans. You are not the type of fight fan who understands styles, out striking your opponent, sticking and moving. If you would have been the judged of Floyd Mayweathers fights he would probably have 15 loses. Your type of fighter is a bull in a china shop. Lots of fluff and terror while being picked apart and not even noticing it. I guess all that smack talk and crying Nick was doing builds points with you.
    wtf... no sir, YOU are not a fight fan, because you call what Carlos COndit did "sticking and moving" -- just stfu please. if you want to see fighters that stick and move, feel free to ask for recommendations. just please don't confuse sticking and moving with kicking and running away. moving and running are NOT the same. yes, you might be a "fight fan" in the sense that you're some dude who enjoys watching fights. no more than that, it seems.

i am not biased towards diaz; i loved condit before that fight. that performance ruined him in my eyes. he followed a gameplan that would steal him a decision and get him an opportunity at a big PPV payday. that was for him and his team, not the fans.

Thor4140

wtf... no sir, YOU are not a fight fan, because you call what Carlos COndit did "sticking and moving" -- just stfu please. if you want to see fighters that stick and move, feel free to ask for recommendations. just please don't confuse sticking and moving with kicking and running away. moving and running are NOT the same. yes, you might be a "fight fan" in the sense that you're some dude who enjoys watching fights. no more than that, it seems.

i am not biased towards diaz; i loved condit before that fight. that performance ruined him in my eyes. he followed a gameplan that would steal him a decision and get him an opportunity at a big PPV payday. that was for him and his team, not the fans.
    WTF he isn't fighting to satisfy your needs lol. Did u want him to stand and slug it out with Diaz with a possible chance he would lose that battle? Those kicks were landing at will. Maybe Nick should try to throw some once in awhile instead of smack taking. I like the Diaz brothers but when they get beat the same way they should use that great work ethic they have and start cleaning up those weaknesses instead of complaining about their opponent not fighting the way they want them to. You guys make it like he ran like Kalib Starnes against Nate Quarry. He out punched Nick and out kicked him. Instead of backing up against the fence and letting Nick have his way with him he moved laterally like a good fighter is supposed to do.

goodfellas433

I almost didn't post this because I pictured the replies referring to me as the "just bleed" type of fan BUT....part of me misses the time before mma became so popular and mainstream..before fighters became celebrities. I used to watch this sport when the fighters really wanted to knock or choke people out... Not implement strategies and gameplans to win rounds or ultimately sway judges decisions. But thats just me...

goodfellas433

And ultimately I think that Diaz fans respect the fact that when he fights he really wants to beat your ass. He has done many interviews prior to fights where he says exactly what people like me want to hear. Nick usually says people will get the fight they want either way, he is going to knock the opponent out or submit them, or get knocked out himself trying. I respect that and the way I see it if you hate the guy, you should still watch him fight and hope for the second option....at least you know he isn't trying to dance around for 4 plus minutes securing a take down right before the bell to try to win a round like some fighters.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol how dare he want to further his career, avoid getting head trauma, and want to provide a better life for his wife and kid!

YOU SHOULD BANG BRO!

goodfellas433

One more thing Thor...do you happen to be the same Thor who had the parlays on Oblivians betting threads? I wanted to tail you on them, but you stopped posting them. No worries if it isn't you...just thought I'd ask.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by goodfellas433 View Post
    One more thing Thor...do you happen to be the same Thor who had the parlays on Oblivians betting threads? I wanted to tail you on them, but you stopped posting them. No worries if it isn't you...just thought I'd ask.
    No, that was the actual Thor

goodfellas433

Wowwweee, please tell me that the Kate Upton username on sherdog is really her too....then I wont feel bad about inboxing that user a picture of my shlong.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I agree. I wouldn't say anyone won that fight CLEARLY. But I have Diaz 1, 2, and 5.

People are giving Condit all 5 rounds? wtf??

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Gonna be a dog fight

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

i scored it diaz 1, 2, 3, 5. i dont' think condit landed a significant strike in the first 3 rounds, and you have to give diaz 5 for dominant position in an otherwise uneventful round.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lol how dare he want to further his career, avoid getting head trauma, and want to provide a better life for his wife and kid!

YOU SHOULD BANG BRO!
    i didn't say i blame him, i was just making the point that it wasn't a performance for the "fight fans" but not surprised that went past yer head

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    and you have to give diaz 5 for dominant position in an otherwise uneventful round.
    do you? Condit was winning the standup for 4 of the 5 mins (IMO) before Diaz got his back for the last minute. Does Diaz win the round just for holding that position for 1 min. what is the minute of dominant position worth if you don't land anything or lock up a sub attempt?

Rubber Guard

Condit may have been "winning" the stand up. But it wasn't that clear.

What is a minute of dominant position worth? Well a whole hell of a lot if you are a wrestler. A wrestler can go out lose the round and land 1 TD and sit in guard for a minute and a half and they usually win that round. Usually happens to Diaz all the time. Then Diaz not only gets a TD, but gets his back and is threatening a sub for a whole minute...and that isn't worth anything? Makes little sense.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

so many faagggots in this thread

what to do..what to do...what to do

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    so many faagggots in this thread

what to do..what to do...what to do
    lol yep

lol @ condit was winning round 5 until being taken down

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Condit may have been "winning" the stand up. But it wasn't that clear.

What is a minute of dominant position worth? Well a whole hell of a lot if you are a wrestler. A wrestler can go out lose the round and land 1 TD and sit in guard for a minute and a half and they usually win that round. Usually happens to Diaz all the time. Then Diaz not only gets a TD, but gets his back and is threatening a sub for a whole minute...and that isn't worth anything? Makes little sense.
    who said it was not worth anything? the question is what is it worth. I have not read the unified rules, I don't know what they score higher.

Rubber Guard

All I know is 1 lousy TD and guard sitting often wins no talent wrestlers rounds in the UFC.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Condit was hurt so badly he had to back pedal on his bicycle all 5 rounds. Diaz should have won 50-40 if not 50-35. Complete domination and robbery.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

diaz 1,2,3,4,5

123 Last