Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Peaches Geldof died? Wtf? Vaughany, you got some explainin' to do pal.
    Well what can I say...Bob always did hate Mondays....

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

The episode of Workaholics where Adam is trying to get back on his grandfather's health insurance plan.

"JUST GIVE ME THE HEALTH INSURANCE PLEEEEEEEASE."

Saw the Imposter last night, blew my f-cking mind. Very solid throughout.
    Points Awarded:

Beelzebubzy gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

The episode of Workaholics where Adam is trying to get back on his grandfather's health insurance plan.

"JUST GIVE ME THE HEALTH INSURANCE PLEEEEEEEASE."

Saw the Imposter last night, blew my f-cking mind. Very solid throughout.
    The documentary about the french kid? Was pretty whacked that people couldn't see what was so obvious because they were grieving so much.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    The documentary about the french kid? Was pretty whacked that people couldn't see what was so obvious because they were grieving so much.
    Yeah, but that's not the mind-blowing part. You remember the ending, right?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Perhaps not, its been a couple of years.

Guess I'm terrible with endings, it's Cache all over again.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Perhaps not, its been a couple of years.

Guess I'm terrible with endings, it's Cache all over again.
    Spoiler (highlight to read):

The "disappeared" kid had actually been killed by the family. They had been pretending he was their son because they killed their son.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Ahh yeah, ha, I totally forgot about that. Not even really the ending, it was like the last half of the movie!

They were caught in their own bullshit and had no way out. Dunno how that part slipped away. Gonna ask the wife to describe the movie to me and see if she forgot that part too.

MD

Great opening to a great series.

Been watching a lot of Louis Theroux documentaries recently; his autism documentary was terrifying. One of the more afflicted kids was sitting around doing work quietly while they were recording, his teacher told him that he could take a break, and the first thing the kid did was get up and start throwing punches at her. Another girl ran over, with her arms covered in protective padding, restrained him, and he went back to acting like nothing had happened. Completely normal again.

What a frightening thing for a parent to go through.

Almost caught up on Workaholics, which is unfortunate because I've been enjoying it so much and I have no idea what to watch once it's over. I was thinking of watching Eastbound and Down, but I'm not sure if it's my kind of show.
    Last edited by MD; 04-14-14 at 01:33 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Great opening to a great series.

Been watching a lot of Louis Theroux documentaries recently; his autism documentary was terrifying. One of the more afflicted kids was sitting around doing work quietly while they were recording, his teacher told him that he could take a break, and the first thing the kid did was get up and start throwing punches at her. Another girl ran over, with her arms covered in protective padding, restrained him, and he went back to acting like nothing had happened. Completely normal again.

What a frightening thing for a parent to go through.

Almost caught up on Workaholics, which is unfortunate because I've been enjoying it so much and I have no idea what to watch once it's over. I was thinking of watching Eastbound and Down, but I'm not sure if it's my kind of show.
    I think i may actually have that Theroux one on skyplus

ha I was same, had to re-watch episodes after I'd caught up with them all just to stop the withdrawal symptons! Have you got up to Season 4 s already?! Have you seen the Gambling episode in season 3 yet?!

I like Eastbound and Down, some episodes are amazingly funny, but also get some which aren't that good. This is one of my favourite comedy scenes ever though! "N-word pleeeease..."!!! "PAP-A-RATZ MUTHAFUUCAKS"!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

oh and 2nd Silicon Valley episode was awesome! Comical scenes with Bighead .. http://www.sockshare.com/file/E277C04CC74EA23F

MD

Oh yeah, I meant to download that last night. Forgot about it.

I'll give Eastbound & Down a shot, thanks for letting me know your thoughts on it. I'm on S4 of Workaholics, and yeah, the gambling episode was awesome. o3.5 was pretty sharp though, I think. Those kids got bad-beated.

MD

What part of England do you live in by the way, V? I may have to make a trip down to Birmingham in June, anywhere you'd recommend seeing? I've been before but it's been a while.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

What part of England do you live in by the way, V? I may have to make a trip down to Birmingham in June, anywhere you'd recommend seeing? I've been before but it's been a while.
    He livez in the bad part of london, hes a don down these endz we call him big V and u should do the same ya get me blad

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Im in oxfordshire so only hour and a bit south of brum. One of my best mates from uni has lived there all his life and he isnt a big fan of it! Ive only really ever been there to go out drinking so dont know much about the attractions/culture of birmingham...but its not the nicest city ive been to and the accent of course makes it feel 100 times worse! My mate is actually moving down to Thame near me in june his wife his pregnant and he wants to get away from birmingham!

MD

Excellent. You, Marz and I should go for beers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Haha triple threat match

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Well, while we are on the subject of television shows, I'll make my once a week token post - watch ADVENTURE TIME. Season 5 of this show is arguably some of the most ambitious and brilliant television I have ever seen.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Speaking of epic shows:

CHOSEN on Crackle. FAWKIN WILDNESS.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

playing Andersen with you.

2 points for your touting services.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    playing Andersen with you.

2 points for your touting services.
    I'm actually pretty big on Anderson. I 'capped him at -150, but I haven't done enough work to justify giving out a bigger play than 3u (I have 3u on Anderson +165, for those who don't follow me on Twitter) because I'm working on UFC at the moment. Ridiculous line, either way. Anderson is the better all-round fighter and has a clear cardio edge, he should also be able to stuff Held's takedowns and shut down his clinch game.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I'm actually pretty big on Anderson. I 'capped him at -150, but I haven't done enough work to justify giving out a bigger play than 3u (I have 3u on Anderson +165, for those who don't follow me on Twitter) because I'm working on UFC at the moment. Ridiculous line, either way. Anderson is the better all-round fighter and has a clear cardio edge, he should also be able to stuff Held's takedowns and shut down his clinch game.
    Dude
    Gaberz 101 - never bet against an undefeated fighter.

.5u Andersen +160

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Watched their most recent fights just now. I think I see what you mean, but it's hard to reconcile a lot of the real defensive blunders made by Anderson in the first round of the Freire fight. I'm biting but I wouldn't even justify as much as that.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    Watched their most recent fights just now. I think I see what you mean, but it's hard to reconcile a lot of the real defensive blunders made by Anderson in the first round of the Freire fight. I'm biting but I wouldn't even justify as much as that.
    It's important to note that that was the first non-regional fight of Anderson's life and he clearly suffered nerves as a result. Held also isn't near the striking threat that Freire was.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Well damn, that one bore out my concerns to a tee, didn't it? One for the having the angles but does stupid shit cap.

MD

Slaughtered tonight; finished break-even on my Twitter plays, but lost reasonably big in my personal plays. I was on Not Distance, u2.5, Browne by decision, and Browne straight in the main event. I figured that if it went distance, Browne's superior cardio would allow him to take over. I also thought that Werdum would have a hell of a time getting him down, and that he'd batter Werdum on the feet. I'm on fire with the bad predictions tonight.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I am with you. Horrible night. The online chatter swayed me towards Browne. I felt that Werdums striking was being underestimated. Ah well...

MD

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    I am with you. Horrible night. The online chatter swayed me towards Browne. I felt that Werdums striking was being underestimated. Ah well...
    This is probably the worst I've 'capped a fight since Howard vs Hall. I couldn't have been more wrong in how the fight played out.

That said, Browne apparently broke his hand in R1, but I think Werdum probably would have won, even if Browne had been 100% healthy. I'm basing that on how the fight played out, though, which isn't a good point of reference. Probably best not to dwell on the unknowns.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

This is probably the worst I've 'capped a fight since Howard vs Hall. I couldn't have been more wrong in how the fight played out.

That said, Browne apparently broke his hand in R1, but I think Werdum probably would have won, even if Browne had been 100% healthy. I'm basing that on how the fight played out, though, which isn't a good point of reference. Probably best not to dwell on the unknowns.
    The rib injury probably affected his cardio as well. Either way, Werdum looked really good.

MD

Just had my biggest weekend ever boiz (in terms of gross profit, not percentage bankroll growth). Long live Mayweather.

Hammered some of those ridiculous steamed up lines on 5D. Ellenberger +380, Eddie Alvarez +330, Rivera +3-something, Dillashaw +700, and a couple of others. Thought about taking Hendo +700, then laughed and realized that I'd rather take Cormier at those odds.

Also, I just got a new mechanical keyboard. Holy f-cking shit, it's amazing.
    Last edited by MD; 05-04-14 at 03:44 PM.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

i just took the worst timed nap ever. missed all the fun.

so hendo is the only one you didnt take? i dont think i could have passed on any of them.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    i just took the worst timed nap ever. missed all the fun.

so hendo is the only one you didnt take? i dont think i could have passed on any of them.
    Yeah, missed Cormier/Hendo o2.5 -105, but purposely didn't take Hendo. No value in Hendo +700 IMO.

Nick Nacho
    Nick Nacho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Yeah, missed Cormier/Hendo o2.5 -105, but purposely didn't take Hendo. No value in Hendo +700 IMO.
    Tailing

MD

So I just got home, went down town for a couple of hours with some friends, and while I was down there, some guy walks straight into my mate's basement pub and sits down and asks for a drink. Obviously this is a private residence so this isn't some randomer, so I quietly ask one of my friends who he is, and the guy who owns the bar cuts us off and whispers that this guy's name is Gabe, and he's a friend of his. Short, hairy, Middle Eastern-looking guy.

I got to talking to him, and he was ridiculously bigoted and ignorant, but he asked me about my hobbies, and in there was gambling, and after I brought this up, he asked me what sports I bet on, if I know any good Irish-friendly books, etc. I answered his questions, then he dropped the bombshell. Raising his arm and filling the basement with his repugnant musk, he asked me "Are you any good at picking winners?". Ran out as fast as I could, almost shat myself laughing.

I blame Vaughany for running that meme into the ground.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Check out the film Blue Ruin, I think you'd enjoy it.

First ... 69707172737475 ... Last