downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Challenge to Bobbywaves

Alright Bobbo, since you ignored me in the other thread I will create a thread and see if you ignore this or what excuse you come up with for dodging me again.

I challenge you to a heads up contest coinciding with SBRs recently announced poker world cup.

The challenge is simple, we will see heads up who finishes higher in the standings.

5000 points, no need to post up. This will give you the chance to win your 2500 I already took by dominating you in our last contest and give you a chance to accrue an additional 2500.

For this contest I will even spot 300 points.

Come on now Chump, you talk alot about your how good of a player you are, now is the time to prove it.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Your delusional...I responded & didn't ignore you in any thread, show me otherwise. No excuses...Just like you, I bet on my terms not yours. You were welcome to join our 2014 annual challenge, but you failed to do so. Triple & I even offered to let you join late, again you failed to accept. Due to your non acceptances I raised the stakes against Triple, to compensate for what I would have won against you: Currently risking 15,555 to win 20k. Also have two 500 bets each with Gummo & Beerdog.

I'm responsible & will not overextend myself with additional wagers until my current wagers are settled on 1/1/15. So in the very rare event I lose, Triple, Gummo, & BD will all be paid promptly a handsome total of 16k+ on New Years Day. So feel free to not pussy out this time & join our 2015 annual challenge, if you want a piece of the Waves.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Waverly, be nice .....DHI coming to get ya

wait you cried for losing 3 k a year ago so will you cry for 7 years when you lose 20 k?

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Your delusional...I responded & didn't ignore you in any thread, show me otherwise. No excuses...Just like you, I bet on my terms not yours. You were welcome to join our 2014 annual challenge, but you failed to do so. Triple & I even offered to let you join late, again you failed to accept. Due to your non acceptances I raised the stakes against Triple, to compensate for what I would have won against you: Currently risking 15,555 to win 20k. Also have two 500 bets each with Gummo & Beerdog.

I'm responsible & will not overextend myself with additional wagers until my current wagers are settled on 1/1/15. So in the very rare event I lose, Triple, Gummo, & BD will all be paid promptly a handsome total of 16k+ on New Years Day. So feel free to not pussy out this time & join our 2015 annual challenge, if you want a piece of the Waves.
    I'm sure DS will be happy to put you on a payment plan so you don't have to worry about overextending. As far as the bet being on his or your terms, the concept for a ROI contest or a contest after your previous one was yours....backing out of it now or trying to qualify it makes you look a little scared. Nothing to be ashamed about there, but let's call it what it is

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Go ahead Bobby you got him!

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4697

Either of you would be a good teammate of mine for Team USA.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    As far as the bet being on his or your terms, the concept for a ROI contest or a contest after your previous one was yours..
    Yes, which we gave him every opportunity to join after our recent contest ended & he refused. So what's your point?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Bobby,

I will happily work with you on terms to allow you to not be overextended. Even a payment plan should you require.

As far as allowing me to join your contest with you and Triple D. I already stated, I have zero interest in a contest with Triple D. I feel my advantage is little or none versus him long term and therefore do not want to put in the effort neccesary playing a contest I feel I could lose anyway. You on the other hand I am certain I can not only beat but crush so I offered to play YOU heads up. Which you have now numerous times balked at with a variety of excuses.

Your last excuse was actually you didnt want to put too much in play and then you proceeded to wager an additional 5k plus with Triple D.

So just face it, your scared to face me heads up because you know your a decided dog.

Ill make one final offer heads up, I will lay 6000 to your 5000 that says I beat you and still spot you 300 points. Come on now chump, put your points where your mouth is you fukking scrub. 3 month contest so will be plenty of time.

Triple_D_Bet

Yes, which we gave him every opportunity to join after our recent contest ended & he refused. So what's your point?
    My point is the same as DS': he explained very clearly why he wasn't interested in going up against me as well. While it would be a challenging contest between him and I, he's not interested in seeing who would win between us; he's only interested in crushing you yet again in a heads up challenge. Your excuses for not wanting to wager what he was asking don't hold much water either, since you proceeded to bet another 5k on yourself in our contest.

If you're as confident as you claim, your actions would be simple: you'd take him up on his challenge. If you're so concerned about the points, I'll lend them to you myself, or allow you to take back some of your wager, your choice....taking 10k or 15k from you isn't much of a difference to me.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    Waverly, be nice .....DHI coming to get ya

wait you cried for losing 3 k a year ago so will you cry for 7 years when you lose 20 k?
    Coming from a guy with a 0 daily balance & owes tens of thousands in outstanding loans. When you have 26k, one has the luxury to make wagers like this. You just continue your pathetic behavior of buying pts & paying your loans, your jealousy is quite evident.

Still waiting for DHI to make a move, nothing but empty promises from them. Tell your buddy MikeYanks to check in.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

My point is the same as DS': he explained very clearly why he wasn't interested in going up against me as well. While it would be a challenging contest between him and I, he's not interested in seeing who would win between us; he's only interested in crushing you yet again in a heads up challenge. Your excuses for not wanting to wager what he was asking don't hold much water either, since you proceeded to bet another 5k on yourself in our contest.

If you're as confident as you claim, your actions would be simple: you'd take him up on his challenge. If you're so concerned about the points, I'll lend them to you myself, or allow you to take back some of your wager, your choice....taking 10k or 15k from you isn't much of a difference to me.
    Right, breaks down to this. Guy knows he will lose so will only let me in contest with you two because hes in better shape being 1500-2000 points ahead. Same reason why he is willing to bet with you because hes already ahead.

Guy scared to do heads up contest because he has already saw what the outcome was (wasnt close and I even ran bad). And wasnt like our last contest was a week or something. It was 40 tournies.

So Bobbo, whats the excuse now. Its obvious your other ones were bullshit. Just come out and say you know your a huge dog heads up versus me and therefore would like to pass. Thats all it will take. Its obvious to most with a clue but just go ahead and admit it to yourself.

bobbywaves

Like I stated...wagered the extra 5k to compensate for what I would have won, if DS didn't walk away from the 9 month contest. As my account history will show, I don't take loans or payment plans like Wulf & many others. I only bet with pts I have & alone can generate. My strength is a long term contest (12 months), as it takes luck & variance out of the equation. The cream always rises to the top.

Triple, I hope you can generate 19k in the next 8 months somehow. If I lose I'm paying one lump sum on New Year's Day & expect the same from you. If a payment plan becomes necessary for you, be advised interest will accrue.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Right, breaks down to this. Guy knows he will lose so will only let me in contest with you two because hes in better shape being 1500-2000 points ahead. Same reason why he is willing to bet with you because hes already ahead.

Guy scared to do heads up contest because he has already saw what the outcome was (wasnt close and I even ran bad). And wasnt like our last contest was a week or something. It was 40 tournies.

So Bobbo, whats the excuse now. Its obvious your other ones were bullshit. Just come out and say you know your a huge dog heads up versus me and therefore would like to pass. Thats all it will take. Its obvious to most with a clue but just go ahead and admit it to yourself.
    My initial bet with Triple that you failed to join for obvious reasons , started at 0. Nobody was ahead. Triple wanted to raise the stakes when I'm up, sure I'll accept. Fact is you wanted no part of Waves in a long term challenge, as you knew what the outcome would be. Prove me wrong & enter the 2015 challenge. Unfortunately you missed the boat for 2014 several times, when you snooze you lose.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

My initial bet with Triple that you failed to join for obvious reasons , started at 0. Nobody was ahead. Triple wanted to raise the stakes when I'm up, sure I'll accept. Fact is you wanted no part of Waves in a long term challenge, as you knew what the outcome would be. Prove me wrong & enter the 2015 challenge. Unfortunately you missed the boat for 2014 several times, when you snooze you lose.

What were the obvious reasons? I offered to do a nine month contest separate from Triple D. I offered you any contest you wanted heads up for the remainder of the year for as many points as you wanted(minimum 10k). You declined and only offered me a spot in the contest with you and Triple for less points and you starting with a 1500 point plus head start.

You know you cant beat me, I offered you an approx 60 tourney sample for the world cup contest now and you continue to prove that you know when you beat.

And just to prove your 12 months only kind of player. Wanna wager who had more points total for all of 2013.

If your scared I understand Bobby. These points are precious to you and you dont want to put them on the line in something you know your a decided dog in.

bobbywaves

You didn't join the annual 2014, as you know your chances drastically decrease over 12 months. If this isn't true, then feel free to state your reason for not joining.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

You didn't join the annual 2014, as you know your chances drastically decrease over 12 months. If this isn't true, then feel free to state your reason for not joining.
    I offered you a contest for the remainder of 2014 but you declined. Ive offered you every type of contest with my only stipulation being that it is me and you heads up. Your only offer involved Triple D and a large batch of excuses.

And your right, IM sure my chances decline when we look at 12 month sample. Wanna wager who had a higher point total for 2013?

bobbywaves

Wanna wager who had a higher point total for 2013?
    Sure I'll bet you 1 pt, as I don't remember & can't find those results any longer. Pretty sure I was top 10, top 15 most definitely. Didn't pay any attention to your finish, since we had no wager.

bobbywaves

I assume you don't want to bet on who had more cashes, which is what I pride myself on. If you want to bet on that, let me know.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

I assume you don't want to bet on who had more cashes, which is what I pride myself on. If you want to bet on that, let me know.
    So you would rather have more cashes and less points won or fewer cashes and more points won. You and eberetta probably led in number of cashes but you two also had be as close to bottom as possible in points per cash. And pretty sure I finsihed top 5 previous two years but your right, you probably had more cashes. But our last contest showed that strategy doesnt work so well.

So just so were clear. Your scared to do a contest with me for the world cup qualifying tournament or one for the remainder of 2014 correct? Now again, this is a heads up contest b/t me and you. Not one including Triple D or anyone else.

bobbywaves

Correct, I rather have more cashes/final tables. Nobody had more last year & it wasn't even close. Over a three month contest, this strategy may or may not work. But over 12 months time, I like my chances of strategy working. Consequently, I enjoy a 1,200+ lead over Triple & happily agreed to raise the stakes.

To be clear, I'm interested in annual contests to diminish any luck/variance factor. Looking forward to you joining next challenge on New Years Day.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Correct, I rather have more cashes/final tables. Nobody had more last year & it wasn't even close. Over a three month contest, this strategy may or may not work. But over 12 months time, I like my chances of strategy working. Consequently, I enjoy a 1,200+ lead over Triple & happily agreed to raise the stakes.

To be clear, I'm interested in annual contests to diminish any luck/variance factor. Looking forward to you joining next challenge on New Years Day.
    You are equally as stupid as you look. Most cashes when they used to pay 40-50 percent of the field means absolutely nothing. If you were first I guarantee eberetta was second and you will never hear him claiming to be great. It takes nothing to fold to min cashes, thats why in our last contest you were not even close. Your cashes with 10th, 9th, maybe the occasional 7th thrown in if you got lucky where I actually won one, got 2-4s. You really are that guy that plays for the 60 point free play to chop halves in hi-lo with. Number of cashes doesnt mean shit. 2 cashes for 1200 is worth a lot more than 5 cashes for 500 points. More value, less time, if you cannot figure that out then I'm honestly sitting here arguing with a handicapped guy and should feel ashamed of myself.

Being clear, 8 months of competition is not enough to diminish variance but magically 12 months is? Please explain this logic. Your the moron who got into with me running your mouth because you were on the triathalon leaderboard for a contest I wasnt even participating in and had been going on a month or so. I do love how you attempt to manipulate whatever stats will fit into why you are scared to play me.

Bottom line, you know you'll lose. I offered you various different formats and your only defense is a bunch of contradictory statements of why you wont put up.

Triple_D_Bet

I might have a solution: if 12 months is so magically important to you (for whatever reason that may be, no logical ones come to mind), why don't you make it a year from whenever you start? That removes both your excuse for the length and any bankroll risk concerns, right? Looks like another problem solved...let me know if there are any additional details you need to work out before you guys start the contest

bobbywaves

If you were first I guarantee eberetta was second
    Since you guarantee this, I assume you would be willing to bet me 13k that eberetta was 2nd in cashes for 2014? To be clear, I never engaged you. This all started when you felt the need to reply to one of my posts running your mouth. To put your ego in check, if our contest was 29 tourny's guess what, you lose. And if you had the guts to join 2014 challenge, you would be facing a deficit just like Triple.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2158

Bobbywaves,

Is Downsouth better than you?

Triple_D_Bet

Since you guarantee this, I assume you would be willing to bet me 13k that eberetta was 2nd in cashes for 2014? To be clear, I never engaged you. This all started when you felt the need to reply to one of my posts running your mouth. To put your ego in check, if our contest was 29 tourny's guess what, you lose. And if you had the guts to join 2014 challenge, you would be facing a deficit just like Triple.
    Bobby, what's your response to this?:

I might have a solution: if 12 months is so magically important to you (for whatever reason that may be, no logical ones come to mind), why don't you make it a year from whenever you start? That removes both your excuse for the length and any bankroll risk concerns, right? Looks like another problem solved...let me know if there are any additional details you need to work out before you guys start the contest

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Most cashes is meaningless

It's all about how much points/money won

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Most cashes is meaningless

It's all about how much points/money won
    You don't receive pts/money won without cashes Einstein.

Robber

You don't receive pts/money won without cashes Einstein.
    Hey idiot

One first place is better than 5 of your min cashes

You win pts with high finishes not with a lot of min cashes

You and Eberetta get lots of min cashes because everyone else is trying to win points not rack up min cashes

If other people cared about min cashing you'd rarely cash at all

Notice the sbr leaderboard goes by pts won, not number of cashes

The people with the most cashes rarely are top 5 in pts won because they aren't good players. They just fold to min cashes which are pretty meaningless.

bobbywaves

Bobby, what's your response to this?:
    I addressed it in a prior post. DS is welcome to join annual challenge, when I'm willing to start on New Years Day. Just like he was welcome to join on 1/1/14, but declined for whatever reason. My logical reason for 12 months was previously addressed as well, diminish luck/variance ring a bell?

DS had chances to join, but used you as a lame excuse not to. That ship has sailed. Right now my focus is taking you for 20k, not interested in any DS distractions until our challenge is completed. Capeesh?

bobbywaves

Hey idiot

One first place is better than 5 of your min cashes

You win pts with high finishes not with a lot of min cashes

You and Eberetta get lots of min cashes because everyone else is trying to win points not rack up min cashes

If other people cared about min cashing you'd rarely cash at all

Notice the sbr leaderboard goes by pts won, not number of cashes

The people with the most cashes rarely are top 5 in pts won because they aren't good players. They just fold to min cashes which are pretty meaningless.
    Coming from an idiot who can't even make leaderboard speaks volumes: http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/players-ta...s-4-000-a.html

I'll take consistent cashes over your few & far between lucky wins every time. How about you join 2015 annual contest?

Triple_D_Bet

I addressed it in a prior post. DS is welcome to join annual challenge, when I'm willing to start on New Years Day. Just like he was welcome to join on 1/1/14, but declined for whatever reason. My logical reason for 12 months was previously addressed as well, diminish luck/variance ring a bell?

DS had chances to join, but used you as a lame excuse not to. That ship has sailed. Right now my focus is taking you for 20k, not interested in any DS distractions until our challenge is completed. Capeesh?
    Eh? Did you read what I posted? If you make the contest a year from when you start, then it meets your requirement for a 12 month long contest. Fail to see how putting your money where your mouth is would be a distraction in the contest, especially since you could easily have the details sorted out before the next round of dailies resumes on Monday....there's no lost "focus" by taking a wager My proposal accommodates all of your requests...what's the reason for not wanting to do it now?

Triple_D_Bet

Coming from an idiot who can't even make leaderboard speaks volumes: http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/players-ta...s-4-000-a.html

I'll take consistent cashes over your few & far between lucky wins every time. How about you join 2015 annual contest?
    Tread carefully bobby, he has a better "ROI" then you do, so he must be the better player

Robber

Tread carefully bobby, he has a better "ROI" then you do, so he must be the better player
    A far better ROI

By his own standards I am superior to him

But since he knows this he turns it into 'I have more cashes than you'

Congrats bobby on playing every single day and accruing min cashes

I play for 1st when I actually have time to play

I didn't play the triathlon but if all I did was sit around playing sbr poker like bobby I would've easily finished ahead of him

Triple_D_Bet

A far better ROI

By his own standards I am superior to him

But since he knows this he turns it into 'I have more cashes than you'

Congrats bobby on playing every single day and accruing min cashes

I play for 1st when I actually have time to play

I didn't play the triathlon but if all I did was sit around playing sbr poker like bobby I would've easily finished ahead of him
    You might have a better number of cashes to tourney ratio too actually

bobbywaves

Wow, Robber deposited a whopping 29 into poker & has withdrawn a whopping 250. Pathetic sample sizes such as this are irrelevant. Get to 7,000 poker deposits like me, you'll find yourself way behind in ROI buddy.

Whoever wants to join annual contest is welcome to do so come January. Points & leaderboard are reset to 0 come January. So it's obviously easier to see & keep track of leader then, without having to request screen shot updates.

Triple...your time would be much better served building your roll, so you don't have to pay interest on that 20k come January. Concern yourself more with the 1,200+ deficit you're currently facing, instead of worrying about DS & myself. DS missed opportunities to join, he can patiently wait until January now.

12 Last