mgoncalves10
    mgoncalves10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    I think I would take the Braves TT O3.5 or the Braves 1st 5innings - Burnnett has been mediocre against the braves the past few seasons as well, if you look at the pitcher/batter stats. Unfortunately wood hasn't been stellar against the phillies, but lately it seems that he is doing well while the Phillies offense has cooled down. What do you think?
    I'm not a fan of taking TT's or F5 haha.. so I'm on the fence with this game.

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

actually scratch the f5, but the tt seems pretty good since the braves bats have been hitting the bull pen of the phillies pretty well

i could see a game like 5-1, 6-1, not sure if the phillies can score too much but who knows theyre due right?

mgoncalves10

Blue Jays @ Twins

The Blue Jays are swinging the bat well, but on a cold and dry afternoon in Minn. I think Dickey's knuckleball could face some issues. He's been roughed up this season and the conditions aren't really in his favor. Not to mention his 6.08 ERA in his last 3 starts against the Twins. Gibson has a scary ERA throughout his short career, but he's done well for himself this season. A 1.59 ERA with a 2-0 record isn't bad. He defeated the Royals and Indians, giving up 2 ER's in 11.1 innings pitched.

I'm going to take the Twins +1.5, but I think they could possibly win this one outright.

mgoncalves10

Tigers ML - Risking $43.80 to win $30

mgoncalves10

Parlay:

Braves ML
    Twins (+1.5)
    Tigers (-1.5)

Risking $30 to win $171.24

pokerwhiz90

hey i was wondering, how often do you hit your parlays? your pretty solid at everything else

mgoncalves10

Parlays are hit n miss. I've hit some ridiculous ones in the past. It's one of those things I do when I'm not totally confident in a few picks, so put them in a Parlay so I don't drop too much juice on all them individually. It just sucks when you get like 3 of 4 right haha..

In the past, that was primarily all I did, but I started learning that single bets would be better, while a parlay here and there was fine. But hitting a parlay isn't easy. I've hit soccer parlays for like $800 on a $25 bet.. But I don't bet more than $10-$30 on a parlay. So since i've been tracking them, I'm 2-3 +$65, but as I said, i've hit some big ones, so if i had to guess, I'm well in the positive when it comes to parlays. Just takes that one or two that you hit to give you a nice bankroll to work with.

mgoncalves10

1 hit for the Tigers through 3 innings.. Down 1-0.. Jeezz, hope those bats wake up..

pokerwhiz90

tie game! all good, verlander is throwing a bunch of strikes but his pitch count is a bit high

mgoncalves10

The under in the Tigers game looks good. If it holds up, I'll be mad I didn't put it in the parlay, instead of the Tigers RL... Hopefully they cover the RL though

mgoncalves10

Well.. 3-1 Indians, thanks to an error at third base which would have ended the inning.. great!

Tigers are really gonna have to dig deep here.. luckily it's still only the top of the 5th... COME ON!!!

Meanwhile, Twins are winning.. Should have taken them straight..

mgoncalves10

Ian Kinsler with a bomb... 4-3 Tigers And Salazar struggling.. Hopefully we can get to the bullpen now.. Or maybe Salazar will give up another run or two here with just 1 out left

pokerwhiz90

yeah, detroit is back up tho, lets try to get a few more runs!

mgoncalves10

Would be nice for the Braves to grab a run or two in the top of the 9th.. or else, I break even because of the parlay..

mgoncalves10

Well so much for that haha.. Lost the parlay, but hopefully the Tigers win and it's a wash...

mgoncalves10

Parlay: Braves, Twins (+1.5), Tigers (-1.5) - Risking $30 to win $171.24 – LOSS
    Tigers ML - Risking $43.80 to win $30 – WIN

Today (MLB): 1-1 ($0)
    Today (Overall): 1-1 ($0)
    YTD (MLB): 34-25-1 (+$131.03)
    YTD (Overall): 53-41-2 (+$371.44)

If only the Braves were able to get a few more hits.. Would have been a great start to the day.. But I didn't lose anything, so can't be upset. Share your thoughts for tonight.

pokerwhiz90

nice tigers win! any more plays for tonight?

mgoncalves10

I will take a look and do dome research. At first glance, surprised to see the Red Sox as underdogs.. Lester on the mound and the White Sox shattered their bullpen last night. They will need 7 innings from Sale tonight. If not, they are in trouble..

Bullywully
    Bullywully's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey mgoncalves, i had the tigers too, boy that was exciting match.. but they won eventually .. so there we go for the next one... i've been looking around for some interesting plays this night, and the one that stood out for me was def. Minnesota twins against Toronto... after Toronoto Blue Jays lost the earlier game today, i expect them to rebound big especially with Pelfrey as pitcher for minnesota who has been horrible!, what do you think? and do you have any other interesting plays for tonight!! i look forward to your answer
    Last edited by Bullywully; 04-17-14 at 04:53 PM.

mgoncalves10

Rockies @ Padres

San Diego has taken 2 of 3 from the Rockies, and they look to make it 3 of 4 tonight, with Ian Kennedy taking the mound. He will be making his fourth start, with this being his third at home. In his first two home starts, he gave up 4 ER's to the Dodgers, and his latest game, he gave up 3 ER's to the Tigers. He can be hit or miss, as his career numbers show.

Against the Rockies, he has a 3-2 record in 10 starts, with a 2.53 ERA. Colorado has 155 at bats against him, and they've batted .284.

Going against him will be Franklin Morales, who has been just as bad, if not worst. In 2 starts this season, he has given up 9 ER's in a total of 12.2 innings pitched. He made a relief appearance against the Giants last weekend, and got 2 strikeouts in 1 inning of work. The Padres have only seen him for 17 at bats, but they've taken advantage of the opportunities. A .412 batting average will have Morales concerned.

The Padres are at a -140 ML favorite, but picking a side is a little difficult for me in this game. I don't have much confidence in the Padres because I don't think they are that great. And as for the Rockies, they have offensive weapons that can hurt you, but their pitching is spotty, and I certainly don't have all that much confidence in Morales. I think the Rockies have enough offense to keep them in this game, with 2 of the first 3 being decided by 1 run. If I had to choose, I'd take the Rockies +1.5, but with both these pitchers being able to give up runs, I think the O7 could have some value.

Bullywully

I was overthinking that match too, mgoncalves, and at first i was hesitating to take the Padres, but then again, combined with your post, i'm not gonna touch this game as this is more of a toss up than anything else. I hope to have some better view on the other games... still thinking to take toronto ML, but i'm starting to doubt a bit as Minnesota has the momentum from this earlier game.

mgoncalves10

Blue Jays @ Twins (Game #2)

I expected the Twins to keep it close in the first game as a home underdog, and they were able to put 7 runs on the board, while keeping the Blue Jays to 4 hits. The Twins had 10 hits, and they will look to keep rolling against McGowan, who has a 1-1 record, with a 4.00 ERA. He hasn't seen much of the Twins' batters, throwing only 26 at bats, with the opposition batting .154 against him. This season, he gave up 4 ER's against the Yankees, and lasted only 2.2 innings in his debut. His second start, he threw 6.1 innings and gave up 5 hits, while not allowing a run against the Baltimore Orioles.

The Twins will counter with Mike Pelfrey, who has a career ERA of 4.51. His ERA this year is even worst (7.84). This guy can give up runs in bunches, so it's hard to really stick by him. In his last three years, he has a 6.04 ERA in April, and as you can see already, he's not far off from that, except it's worst this year. He's 1-1 against the Blue Jays, with 3.75 ERA in two starts. And at Target field in the last 3 years, he has a 5.79 ERA, in 15 starts, with hitters tagging him with .319 batting average.

Although the Twins broke out earlier today against Dickey, who I expected to struggle with his knuckleball, I think the Blue Jays can get to Pelfrey in the tonight's game.

Blue Jays ML -128

I'm also surprised the O/U is at 7.5.. I think if Pelfrey is on one of his days, just him alone can give up 4 or 5 in a hurry.. But I'll stay away from that.

Bullywully

I'm glad you think the same way about Toronto as me... GL! i'm going for Toronto's win

mgoncalves10

Brewers @ Pirates

Gallardo vs Volquez. Both have been lights out, and I expect more of the same tonight. But I am a bit surprised that the Under 7 is at +100... They have already played a 3 game series, and the Brewers won all three, at home. They totaled 6 runs in the first game, and 5 in the 2nd and third. The Under 7 looks like a solid pick, but for it to be so low and +100, it makes me a little curious.

Volquez is 2-2 in 6 apps against the Brewers, with a 4.62 ERA and 9 HR's. The current squad has batted .259 against him in 143 at bats. This season, he has 10 K's in 14 innings pitched, and you would imagine he'd have another solid outing. He has done well to shut down the Brewers, Cardinals and Cubs in his previous 3 starts.

Gallardo on the other hand may be the reason this O/U is so high? 5.42 ERA in April in the last 3 years, with a 6-4 record in 16 apps. Away from home, he has a 3.81 ERA, while at night he has a 3.38 ERA.. Against Pittsburgh, 3.09 ERA with a 5-2 record in 9 starts.. As a team, the Pirates are batting .303 against him in 207 at bats.

This is another one I'm nervous to pick a side, but think it will be low scoring. So I will probably play the Under, and will likely take U1 in the first inning.

mgoncalves10

So far I got:

Brewers/Pirates U7 - Risking $26.25 to win $25
    Brewers/Pirates U1 (1st Inning) - Risking $36.25 to win $25
    Blue Jays ML - Risking $32.75 to win $25
    Yankees (+1.5) - Risking $37.50 to win $25

mgoncalves10

Adding:

Red Sox ML
    – Risking $33.30 to win $30

Avalanche – Risking $56 to win $40

Parlay: Royals/Astros (U7.5), Red Sox, Sharks, Bruins – Risking $25 to win $199.03

mgoncalves10

The relief pitcher for the Blue Jays (Santos) is such a joke.. Wow

pokerwhiz90

im not sure if i can trust the blue jays ever again.... how do you get 6 runs from only 1 hit

Bullywully

Wow, i went to sleep when Toronto was leading 5-3, and when i looked at the result 5-9.... what a shame they gave it away in the end. My other bet on St louis cardinals was never in danger and i had a very good feeling to it before hand, so after all i'm pleased how it went.

mgoncalves10

Well, yesterday was an eventful day for my baseball picks. Finished 1-1 in the day games, which was fine. The Pirates/Brewers game looked destined for at least a push on the Under, but 6 damn runs in the bottom of the 8th ruined that. And the Blue Jays... WOW WOW WOW... I watched it unfold, and after Santos threw two wild pitches and gifted them 2 runs, I knew it was over. What a joke. I finished negative in my baseball picks for the day, but my hockey picks balanced that out. And I still have my Parlay pending, just needing the Bruins to pull through.

Tigers ML – Risking $43.80 to win $30 – WIN
    Parlay: Braves, Twins (+1.5), Tigers (-1.5) – Risking $30 to win $171.24 – LOSS

Brewers/Pirates U7 - Risking $26.25 to win $25 - LOSS
    Brewers/Pirates U1 (1st Inning) - Risking $36.25 to win $25 - LOSS
    Blue Jays ML - Risking $32.75 to win $25 - LOSS
    Yankees (+1.5) - Risking $37.50 to win $25 - WIN
    Red Sox ML – Risking $33.30 to win $30 - WIN

Avalanche – Risking $56 to win $40 – WIN
    Sharks – Risking $33.75 to win $25 - WIN

Pending:

Parlay: Royals/Astros (U7.5), Red Sox, Sharks, Bruins – Risking $25 to win $199.03

Today (MLB): 3-4 (-$40.25)
    Today (Overall): 5-4 (+$24.75)
    YTD (MLB): 36-28-1 (+$90.78)
    YTD (Overall): 57-44-2 (+$396.19)

And for those who asked about hitting parlays, I have an account on BetOnline that I primarily use for just parlays.. Small wagers of $10-$15 on one or two parlays a day, and just hope to hit that one or two a week.. Well, last night I hit two..

Parlay #1 : Red Sox, Royals/Astros U7.5, St. Louis Blues, Avs, Sharks - Risking $10 to win $209.67 - WIN
    Parlay #2 : Tigers, Twins +1.5, Royals, Red Sox, Avs, Sharks - Risking $10 to win $295.14 - WIN

I normally don't put the same teams in parlays because one loss ruins it all, but i put one of these in in the morning, and then one later on, and didn't notice who I had picked in the first one. Luckily, it worked out. So it was a good day!

As always, share your thoughts for tonight!

Bullywully

NIce profits there! you have good luck with parlays it seems. I rarely play parlays because i always end up losing one or two and its too much risk. But it can turn out well it seems... for tonight i have my eye on the Yankees.. Kuroda is solid and with that price i take my chance. Also I consider to take a bet on Cincinnati Reds against Cubs... The reds own the Cubs for years.. even though the Cubs have the better pitcher, the reds always seem to find a way to win... and we all know how bad the cubs are in the last innings with their bullpen blowing it. So for now, the yankees and the Reds are my play for tonight so far. what are yours?

pokerwhiz90

nice hits on those parlays! are you going to release them in the morning as well? also im going with the reds today

mgoncalves10

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    nice hits on those parlays! are you going to release them in the morning as well? also im going with the reds today
    Not sure what you mean about releasing them in the morning?

If you're referring to the early game, I'm taking a look at it right now.

mgoncalves10

Red @ Cubs

This is a tricky one. Cubs are 3-4 at home, and from their last six games, they've scored 14 runs, an avg of 2.3 runs per game. Not very impressive, especially since they put up 0 runs against the Yankees in their day/night double header. They return to Wrigley Field where they've scored 27 runs in six games against the Pirates and Phillies.

Jeff Samardzija gets the start, as he looks to improve on his 0-1 record, and 1.29 ERA. He's pitched three games this season, going 7 innings in all three, with just 3 ER's. One in St. Louis against the Cardinals, and two at home against the Phillies. Two of his starts, the Cubs have been held to 0 runs, so run support is a problem. Against the Reds in the previous 3 years, he has a 4.33 ERA in 7 starts, and 8 relief appearances (1-3). Cincinnati hit for an average of .242 in this games, so the Reds aren't his favorite opponent. In day games the last 3 years, he has a 4.98 ERA, with an 8-19 record in 31 starts. Not impressive numbers. And as a team, the Reds have faced Samardzija 160 times, with a .281 batting average. So you'd think he could be in some trouble today, with the Reds winning three of their last four, while putting up 30 runs.

But away from home, the Reds are just 2-4. Today they hand Alfredo Simon the ball, with the Dominican coming off two impressive starts. He pitched 8 innings against the Rays in his last start, yielding 1 ER and 5 hits. He has a 1-1 record this season, with a 1.20 ERA. He's made 10 relief appearances against the Cubs in the last 3 years, posting a 3.38 ERA in 10.2 innings. His numbers have been impressive this year, but I'm still not sold on him. He threw two gems against the Mets who are not the greatest offense, and the Rays who have good offensive options, but aren't swinging the bat well at the moment.

My lean here would be to take the Cubs with Samardzija on the mound. But the way the Cubs have struggled at the plate, it's a tough decision. The O/U for this game is at 6.5, so Vegas is expecting a pitchers duel here. I think it will be a close game, but I think the option I feel more comfortable with is the U1 for the first inning at -150.

Share your thoughts on this game..

Becel
    Becel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Reds have owned the Cubs pretty badly over the last couple of years. At Wrigley, they have won 15 of 16. I'll go with the trend until it ends.

First 123456 ... Last