Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Miguel Cabrera is official MVP and R.A Dickey is official Cyoung !!!

Sorry haters !!!

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Wrong and wrong. Trout and Gio

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Cabrera now has the triple crown. Just has to hold on to it. If he does win the triple crown he has to be the MVP. Nobody has won the triple crown since 1967. Trout can suck it.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Keep your g@y aspirations about Trout to yourself. Cabrera's defense is horrible and he's too slow. Trouts a golden glover with the most steals in the league.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    Keep your g@y aspirations about Trout to yourself. Cabrera's defense is horrible and he's too slow. Trouts a golden glover with the most steals in the league.
    Cabrera: Triple crown winner and the MVP is his.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

This guy is good...... not taking anything away.... but I guarenteed this guy pays off the Drug administration. This guy is probably on everything under the sun. Take a picture from when e a 23 to now. Probably 60 pounds or so heavier and a big gap in the teeth from that skull of his expanding......... hmmmm. Take a look if anyone dosnt believe me by the way.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

A lot of people seem to forget that Miguel Cabrera has been playing in a pitchers park, and putting up these numbers

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    A lot of people seem to forget that Miguel Cabrera has been playing in a pitchers park, and putting up these numbers
    what???

Comerica Park ranks 9th/30 teams in Homeruns
    Comerica Park Ranks 9th/30teams in Runs allowed
    Comerica Park Ranks 11th/30teams in hits allowed

Safeco most Pitcher friendly park ranks 30th runs for
    Coors Field Most hitter friendly park ranks 1st runs for

Apparently its one of the top 10 hitter friendly parks
    Last edited by matt1216; 09-22-12 at 08:11 PM.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Trouts good in bed i heard

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Cabrera: Triple crown winner and the MVP is his.
    Nah, Man. Theres the 5 elements of being a great Baseball player. He's lacking in two of them. His defense (he's a E5 waiting to happen). Speed (Guy couldn't steal a base if they gave it to him).

You can make a very strong case for him, don't get me wrong. Especially IF he wins the triple crown. He's just not the complete player Trout is. He has everything.

I respect people's opinion, though.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

leads the league in double plays..

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Nah, Man. Theres the 5 elements of being a great Baseball player. He's lacking in two of them. His defense (he's a E5 waiting to happen). Speed (Guy couldn't steal a base if they gave it to him).

You can make a very strong case for him, don't get me wrong. Especially IF he wins the triple crown. He's just not the complete player Trout is. He has everything.

I respect people's opinion, though.
    Nobody has won the triple crown in 45 years. It would be only the 17th time a player has accomplished it.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

rooting for miggy bc he is due. trout is unbelievable though. would understand if trout won it i guess.

hope dickey gets cy young. best knuckle baller EVER

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Nobody has won the triple crown in 45 years. It would be only the 17th time a player has accomplished it.
    Ok.. let me ask you this. If he doesn't win that prestigious accolade do you still think he deserves it?

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Ok.. let me ask you this. If he doesn't win that prestigious accolade do you still think he deserves it?
    It's much more debatable if he doesn't win it.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

AL and NL both get cyyoung and MVP

Braun/Cabrera
    Dickey/Verlander

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Id go..

*Trout/Price
    *Braun/Gio González

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go

R.A dickey how many complete games throw this year? How many shutouts? how many K? and important EFECT!!!! Cyoung

Miggy Triple Crown !!! Hamilton injured, Trout so far of miggy !!! RBI ??? Yaztremsky ???? 1967 Triple Crown !!!!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

There is more to baseball than HR's and RBI's.

Welcome to the 21st century.

Having said that, if I had a vote, I might consider splitting it, because once you get past the power numbers, the batting average is pretty much the same, but Trout crushes Miggy in every other area of the game.

You know, like defense, speed, aspects that are important too.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Monchito View Post
    Yaztremsky ???? 1967 Triple Crown !!!!
    lol @ the spelling
    Yaz did that in 1967, the year of the pitcher. Pitchers had the clear advantage before 1968 with the elevated mounds and all.
    Can you imagine what kind of season he'd have in 2012?
    1967 Yaz's split line was 44/121/.326
    In 2012 that split line would be like 55/140/.333 with these pansy ass starters diluted bull pens.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go

Mvp mvp mvp!!!

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Trout is taking steroids .. So obvious

Mantle7
    Death Stare

YMB, quit hating on Trout Bro. Haha. If anybody's taking the sauce its Cabrera. In all honesty I think he's using HGH. Look at how much bigger his fukkn skull has got since he came up. He's gained 60 pound. There's,pitchers of Trout in high school floating around. He's been the same size since his junior year in high school. Dude just has crazy genetics

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Monchito View Post
    Sorry haters !!!

dude... what makes you think anyone on here gives a fukk who wins the mvp or cy young??? these are individual awards. no one other than the player himself who wins these awards cares!!

we are on a gambling forum and here to make money. post some winners or gtfo

ThePancreas
    ThePancreas's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can anyone not cheer for Dickey? The guy's story is great.

And if Cabrera wins the Crown, he should get the MVP. First time in 45 years, and he doesn't get it? Stop it.

stevenash

If anybody's drinking the sauce its Cabrera.
    Fixed.

Regarding the poster who said "how can you not root for Dickey...."
    100 percent agree, he proved me wrong, I thought the league would catch up to his pitch, but Phil Niekro taught him how to mix it up.
    Dickey proved me wrong and I admit it.

Now, regarding Trout versus Miggy

The question is who is the most valuable player? Emphasis on the word valuable.
    If the Tigers make the playoffs and the Angels don't, then I would have to consider Miggy's accomplishments this season heavier than Trout's accomplishments.
    And vice versa.
    Now if the two teams don't make the playoffs you have a very strong case for both players.

Two different animals, two different type players.
    One drives in runs, the other creates runs.
    One hits leadoff, the other hits third

Miggy is a hammer. Can't even debate that, he's the leagues premier masher. He hits homers and he drives in runs, he also hits for average.
    That's all he does, no denying he's the best power hitter in the league this season, but this isn't the award for who had the best power output.
    Miggy is a liability in the field, he's not very good on defense. He's not a good base runner, he doesn't have much speed.

In the old days, most MVP voters would look at this.
    Cabrera 42/131/.331
    Trout 28/78/.325
    And auto vote Miggy thinking he had the better year.

MVP's and Cy Young's are a joke anyway.

Just like in 1990 when the Cy Young voters looked at this.
    Bob Welch 27-6 2.98
    Clemens 21 -6 1.93

Welch won the Cy Young based on 27 wins, Clemens smoked him in every other category (and it's not even close)
    Clemens hands down was the better pitcher.

To further my point on how much of a joke these awards are, Welch wins the Cy Young in '90, Clemens who clearly had the better year
    finishes second, YET Clemens finishes THIRD in the MVP voting, Welch NINTH !!
    How exactly does this work? How does the alleged best pitcher in the league (Welch) finish remotely behind in the MVP voting to the alleged
    SECOND best pitcher in the league?

By the way, Rickey Henderson (Mike Trout if you will) wins the MVP with 28/61/.325 in 1990
    Cecil, Price's daddy, Fielder (Miggy Cabrera if you will) winds up 2nd with 51/132/.277

One was a lead off hitter with pop, blazing speed and defense
    The other was a masher, that hit in the middle of the line up
    Interesting.

But I digress, it's not 1990 anymore, and voters don't look at just HR/RBI/AVG anymore.

Now WAR is not the end all be all stat, and I'm not saying we should totally disregard the HR/RBI numbers, however there is a reason
    why Baseball Reference and Fan Graphs say Trout is more valuable than replacement end of the bench guy then Miggy is, it's because
    Trout scores more runs, creates more runs, saves more runs with defense than Miggy does.

Because even though the formula they use are slightly different, the principles are the same, they factor is all the metrics, just not HR's and RBI's
    Miggy drives in more runs because he gets more RBI opportunities, about 29 percent of the time, Miggy gets an RBI opportunity in the first,
    inning alone, Trout will never get an opportunity in the first inning to drive in a run (unless he leads off with a homer) which he has done several times
    this year, as a matter of fact he is the first 22 year old ever to hit a homer leading off in two consecutive games.
    Pitchers can't be selective also to Miggy because he's protected by Prince, you can't pitch around Miggy to get to Prince.
    Also, when given the opportunity to hit with men on, Trout delivers at just about the same rate as Miggy does with men on.

I heard the argument, "well Trout wouldn't have the same stolen base total if he wasn't leading off:"
    That's garbage, speed doesn't slump.

I can go on and on and on.
    Who is my MVP?
    Like 1990, the guy whose team gets to the playoffs. (Henderson with Oakland)
    If Detroit, I vote Miggy and the way he produced at the end of the year, if the Angels don't make it.
    If LAA and not Detroit, I give my vote to Trout.
    If neither, split the vote.

I'll say it just one more time, the only things Cabrera did *clearly* better than Trout did this season was hit more homers
    and drive in more runs.

The difference in batting average between the two right now is nine one-thousandth of a percentage point, and the
    OBA is pretty much dead , every other category, both on defense and offense Trout dominates (runs scored, stolen bases,
    defense metrics)

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Detroit is not making it into the playoffs. They are horrible. Losing both games in that double header against the Twins was just pathetic. Way too sloppy on the defensive end and they're too slow. They rolled into about 100 double plays yesterday.