Every man and his dog has a thread so I thought I'd see how I go tracking my plays through this, gone pretty well over the last week and a half up approximately 23 units.

Pittsburgh Pirates @ $1.71 (-139) – 5 units - I think these guys have too much on the line at the moment to lose a game at home. After going 0/3 on the road in Philly and winning just 1/6, they need to get their campaign back on track if they want to make the finals. Cubs struggle at Pittsburgh every time and they will struggle against an in-form Maholm who has given away just 1 run in his last 23 innings against the Cubs including pitching a 3 hit complete shutout of the Cubs which is 2-0 against them this season (0.39 ERA). He has Given away just 1.8 runs in his last 10 starts, he's been solid – especially at home. Barring his last performance at home against the Cardinals who are very good hitters, he has given away 3 runs in about 30 innings. His record doesn't do him justice to how well he's been doing. Zambrano on the other hand is a bit of a nut. 31 runs in his last 10 starts with an ERA of 4.56, he gave away 3 runs to the Pirates last time out and was lucky to escape a loss. Cubs are also on a terrible road-trip, losing 5 in a row before getting a win last night. They travel from St Louis to Pittsburgh as well which isn't much time after they played a late match and will start early today.

Yankees @ $1.562 (-178) – 5 units - When you get Sabathia at anything more than $1.40, it's an absolute steal. There's not much to this, he is fighting for the CY Young award with Verlander now and is on a 7-1 winning streak. Against Seattle at home he gave away just one run and one hit, that is the sign of a true superstar who is in form. 72 strikeouts in 54 innings is unheard of. Bats are in smoking hot form after smashing 3 times in 2 days. As for Peavy, there's not much you can say unfortunately. The once big superstar has lost his mojo, 35 runs given away in his last 10 innings with an ERA of 5.27 is not great, especially for his standards. He is also giving away a lot of hits (hitting 10 per match) and resulting in 4, 3, 5, 5, 4 runs in his last five outings. This will be an absolute flogging.

I like how I reason and it's worked pretty well so far.

BOL.