6 anti-public home dogs Monday

How many cash?

WAS +130 vs. Atlanta
    HOU +109 vs. Cincy
    CHW +159 vs. NYY
    COL +124 vs. Philly
    SD +122 vs. LAD
    SEA +106 vs. Oakland

Can't say I'm all that crazy about any of them personally, but love the home dogs so I'll probably play a few....

God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

and what do you feel is being mispriced in any of those games?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Colorado is the only lean.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by God1 View Post
    and what do you feel is being mispriced in any of those games?
    Nothing really, though I think you're crazy to lay that kind of road juice with Atlanta and the Yankees.

I agree Houli that the Rockies seem to be the only real viable option, but you just know 2 or 3 of these will cash.

God1

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Nothing really, though I think you're crazy to lay that kind of road juice with Atlanta and the Yankees.
    so how far off are those lines from your fair price?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

so how far off are those lines from your fair price?
    I'm not necessarily saying they're "off" -- I just refuse to lay -150 on any road team, especially against .500 ballclubs like the Nats and White Sox. They could both very well cash, but you won't see me on either one.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i watched chisox struggle with a lefty that could only throw his fastball and a hanging breaking ball over for k's and they couldnt make him pay, so taking them against cc isnt something im will to do. not saying im jumping all over yanks at that number atm but i can pretty much promise i have no interest cws.

I feel like despite everything i hate about even thinking about playing A's on road (which is more than likely the reason for the generous looking number on a hot team vs a team that cant hit at all). Not to mention think Beavan kid is really solid, hard not to respect kid that held his own against bos and tex. this to me about Cahill vs sea pathetic offense and at this price unless i find something wrong with what ive seen so far i have to play Cahill.

God1

I'm not necessarily saying they're "off" -- I just refuse to lay -150 on any road team, especially against .500 ballclubs like the Nats and White Sox. They could both very well cash, but you won't see me on either one.
    That's about as absurdly arbitrary as it gets

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

God1, are you going to offer some insight, or just be a tool?
    Points Awarded:

italianbandit gave HoulihansTX 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Washington & Cws are the only two plays I see with some value. NYY's do perform well for fatboy, but they could just lay down for game 1. Atl has looked like a$$ @home so why expect better on the road.

My problem with nats/atl is if the other team scores 3 or more by some fluke the game is over. To much of a coin toss.

Houston might win by accident, but the books are giving me no value to take a AAA team if lucky even at home right after they chop shopped their team.

BigDan

peavy + chisox pen makes me think it time to get back on nyy TT overs with fat boy on the buump way early tho and i need umps dammit. but should be reasonably low number

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

That's about as absurdly arbitrary as it gets
    If you want to lay -170 with the Yankees on the road or -150 with the Braves on the road, be my guest. I don't take faves of -150 on up hardly ever anyway, let alone in visitors' ballparks with the entire world on their side.

You may define it as "absurdly arbitrary," L and M, but it's just not efficient business to go with that kind of juice in baseball on a road team. Too many variables to feel comfortable in my book.

God1

If you want to lay -170 with the Yankees on the road or -150 with the Braves on the road, be my guest. I don't take faves of -150 on up hardly ever anyway, let alone in visitors' ballparks with the entire world on their side.
    If the price is right I would bet a -500 favorite. The entire world being on the other side is sometimes relevant, but when you are talking about -150 road when the expected betting volume is the entire world against, how relevant is that? I'm not sure I know the answer. Them being on the road is good enough to eliminate them from betting if you're not projecting games, but then if you aren't projecting games aren't you just flipping coins long term anyway?

You may define it as "absurdly arbitrary," L and M, but it's just not efficient business to go with that kind of juice in baseball on a road team. Too many variables to feel comfortable in my book.
    To eliminate entire opportunity of bets purely based on price is ridiculous

God1

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    Washington & Cws are the only two plays I see with some value. NYY's do perform well for fatboy, but they could just lay down for game 1. Atl has looked like a$$ @home so why expect better on the road.

My problem with nats/atl is if the other team scores 3 or more by some fluke the game is over. To much of a coin toss.

Houston might win by accident, but the books are giving me no value to take a AAA team if lucky even at home right after they chop shopped their team.
    This is about as useless as analysis gets

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

And you have contributed what to this thread sir? I seeonly complaints & trolling. You will fit in better with the players talk crybaby crowd, please troll there from now.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

If the price is right I would bet a -500 favorite. The entire world being on the other side is sometimes relevant, but when you are talking about -150 road when the expected betting volume is the entire world against, how relevant is that? I'm not sure I know the answer. Them being on the road is good enough to eliminate them from betting if you're not projecting games, but then if you aren't projecting games aren't you just flipping coins long term anyway?

To eliminate entire opportunity of bets purely based on price is ridiculous
    Not in baseball. No way.

There is no "opportunity" of bets in the category of laying -170 on the road. That's just plain stupid when it comes to baseball. Like playing a -250 home fave. Not worth the time or effort due to the variables that makes baseball a lot less predictable than football or even basketball.

There are better bets out there than taking the Yankees and/or Braves at these prices. Always.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Not in baseball. No way.

There is no "opportunity" of bets in the category of laying -170 on the road. That's just plain stupid when it comes to baseball. Like playing a -250 home fave. Not worth the time or effort due to the variables that makes baseball a lot less predictable than football or even basketball.

There are better bets out there than taking the Yankees and/or Braves at these prices. Always.

God1

there's clearly opportunity, in the past week there have been multiple -200 and up opens that have moved more than 20 cents

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

there's clearly opportunity, in the past week there have been multiple -200 and up opens that have moved more than 20 cents
    So?

I'm just saying you're better off not including these kinds of bets in your baseball arsenal. I'm not against doing it in football or basketball, but I just don't see the point in baseball -- especially on the road against a .500 team that has a pitcher who still has dangerous plus stuff if he ever figures out how to harness it.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Ill take
    SEA
    WAS
    SD

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

go away if you offer no good advice. i was sick of your responses after your first........good bye..... and back to the topic...

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Houston and San Diego for me..BOL.....let's cash these dogs.....

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

So?

I'm just saying you're better off not including these kinds of bets in your baseball arsenal. I'm not against doing it in football or basketball, but I just don't see the point in baseball -- especially on the road against a .500 team that has a pitcher who still has dangerous plus stuff if he ever figures out how to harness it.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

hou
    sd
    fl
    cards

How many will I win? probably none

LOL

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

go for it big dawg......you will be broke doing this gambling on Baseball.......short favorites or dogs is how to win long term betting bases........i never lay more than 150.......ever.......to each his/her own.

God1

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    go for it big dawg......you will be broke doing this gambling on Baseball
    so i'll be broke beating closing lines?

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

go ahead and bet 180 and up favorites...........yes you will be broke long term..............betting bases

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I don't think line movement with such heavy faves is as valuable -- especially if the public's hammering the play (i.e., St. Louis tonight. Beating the closing number here was irrelevant).

If a -230 fave closes at -250, that doesn't make it a smart play just because you beat the closing number.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

football and basketball ML, different story....bases forget about it

God1

I don't think line movement with such heavy faves is as valuable -- especially if the public's hammering the play (i.e., St. Louis tonight. Beating the closing number here was irrelevant).
    are you serious? If I got -140 tonight on st louis that was a profitable bet. I think the true close was around -148, the results of one game are completely irrelevant. Beating the true close by 8 cents consistenly and you'd be shopping for yachts

If a -230 fave closes at -250, that doesn't make it a smart play just because you beat the closing number.
    If the true line close is above -230 of course it is. The closing line is extremely efficient

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

are you serious? If I got -140 tonight on st louis that was a profitable bet. I think the true close was around -148, the results of one game are completely irrelevant. Beating the true close by 8 cents consistenly and you'd be shopping for yachts

If the true line close is above -230 of course it is. The closing line is extremely efficient
    I beat the "true close" with the White Sox and the Dodgers by taking them this morning -- where did that get me?

I beat the closing number a lot, and I don't find those bets hitting at some absurd percentage. You definitely want to beat the closing number, but that doesn't mean that bet is anywhere near a given. Plus, it's different in baseball where you're betting ML's vs. a point spread.

God1

I beat the "true close" with the White Sox and the Dodgers by taking them this morning -- where did that get me?
    a short term loss but a long term profitable bet. The best sports bettors in the world hit at a 55% clip and guess what? That means they lose 45%. This is elementary stuff here

I beat the closing number a lot, and I don't find those bets hitting at some absurd percentage.

You definitely want to beat the closing number, but that doesn't mean that bet is anywhere near a given.
    Over the long term, and talking in terms of the entire market, it is a profitable bet 100% of the time

Plus, it's different in baseball where you're betting ML's vs. a point spread.
    oh dear god it's exactly the same concept and works exactly the same way

BigDan

not likely..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

a short term loss but a long term profitable bet. The best sports bettors in the world hit at a 55% clip and guess what? That means they lose 45%. This is elementary stuff here

Over the long term, and talking in terms of the entire market, it is a profitable bet 100% of the time

oh dear god it's exactly the same concept and works exactly the same way
    If beating the closing number is such a lucrative business, why not just follow late steam? You may sacrifice and bet a -140 vs. a -130, but at least you know you're on the same side as where the money's supposedly going.

Again, I'm not saying it's not profitable to do so, but it's also far from fool-proof. When you factor what side the public is on, it complicates things further.

It's the "exact same concept," except for the fact that all you're doing in baseball is betting a winner over a loser. In football or basketball, the spread number is much more important to obtain. If you beat the closer by taking a -4 and the team wins by 5 when the number finishes at -6, you've accomplished your goal. If you bet a -170 fave in baseball and it closes at -180, the only thing you've sacrificed is the number as long as that team still comes out on top. A win is still a win.

starbuck2233
    starbuck2233's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

careful

I think 2 of your six have a reasonable chance being Colorado and Wash on the plus.Just my opinion.Never know these days.I bet value but I have to have some confidence after I've done my capping,just don't throw money up in the air.Astros,are you kidding,triple a team,and to that Reds guy below.Stay away,those unpredictable idiots just lost 4 straight to the mets.the've srewed me a ton this season,bums.

12 Last