wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Some really low totals tomorrow. But Dodgers/Padres 5.5

Man a low total, only one game has a total of 9 or beter and that game is posted 10.

But there have only been 4 games lined that low ever. and the over is 3-1 in them. Games total of 60 there have been 40 with a record of 19-16-5 to the over.

The irony is the last game Kershaw pitched was the one game that was under the 5.5, when he lost to lincecum 1-0. So before that there were only 3 and they were 3-0. Cain pitched in one of those games as well, a 4-3 win over the giants. So only 4 games ever with a total of 5.5 in the history of the game and 2 of them involved the two starters in this game and they were both this month. One on 7-17 and one of 7-20.

So do you go with overall history or recent history and the guy who pitched in the one game that was under, facing the other guy who was also in a game with that low a posted total?

But other than that game you have 4 games lined 7.5 and 1 game 6 and another 6.5.

So all in all it looks like theyre predicting a bunch of boring low scoring games. Either that or they figure without steroids pitchers actually have a shot these days. After all there have been 3 or 4 no hitters and a perfect game or two this year already, and many others that had guys go into the 8th and 9th innings with no nos as well.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

under is the sharp side in that game
    all the squares see 5.5 and say no way it does not go over
    la/sd seem to always play low scoring games

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

When was the perfect game or two this year and who threw it??? I wasn't aware of any such occurance this year.

azngangbuzta
    azngangbuzta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

3 no hitters this year. Francisco Liriano, Justin Verlander and Ervin Santana.

Djstucky

Quote Originally Posted by azngangbuzta View Post
    3 no hitters this year. Francisco Liriano, Justin Verlander and Ervin Santana.
    I am aware of the no hitters but wasn't aware of the perfect game(s).

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    under is the sharp side in that game
    all the squares see 5.5 and say no way it does not go over
    la/sd seem to always play low scoring games

actually coach imho the sharp side of that gm is neither team to score 3 (should be +450) then hedge that with lad 1st to score 3......only way i roll in these gms and the biggest reason i keep money in bodog.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

6Un(-120) available @ many books

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

I was able to get 6 (-110) for the under and jumped all over it...good luck to under backers tomorrow.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

hmm maybe not a perfect game this year, thought someone threw one.

As for 'sharp' side. Dont think there is one. thats why the 'good' books have 5.5, and pretender books have 6 with some vig. Smart books dont want or arent set up to take a push. They figure it is either a 2-1 or 2-0 game or a blow out on one side.

I also mistyped Cain as the starter against him. When it is Luebke. But Luebke was in a game against Zito where the total was 5.5 or 6.0 depending. That game was 11-3 final. Cain was in the next days game where it was 5.5 everywhere.

Either way they threw up a total on a Monday that is very low, and probably 5.5 because the other games are all posted so low in terms of totals, so they felt forced into making that game the lowest on the board. But like I say the soft books threw up a 6 and will live with a push if it happens. That and Kershaw and Luebke (now that he is starting) have had some ridiculously low totals thrown on their games. In 5 starts for Luebke the highest total was 7, and that was 6.5 at a lot of spots, the others were 5.5 and 6s depending on where and when you bet them. Kershaw has has a bunch of 6s and a few 8s sprinkled in here or there. And that one 5.5 against SF a couple starts back. So books definitely have painted themselves in a corner here. Kind of surprised some one didnt throw up a 5 for shits and giggles to see what happened. But no game has ever closed at 5. But one opened 5 and it was an over.

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

Damn that is a low total. Tough for me to take either side.

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Under Padres TT, likely will not scratch out more than one run

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Man...That's a tough number.

God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is tough about it? Adams gone and Luebke only goes 6 but what else is confusing? pitchers, park, two of the worst offenses in baseball, two of the best pitchers plus dodgers starting a minor leaguer and padres starting 3

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    actually coach imho the sharp side of that gm is neither team to score 3 (should be +450) then hedge that with lad 1st to score 3......only way i roll in these gms and the biggest reason i keep money in bodog.
    Good call...I've been loving bodog so far...n winning there...I'm gonna roll with that....love some home team run lines tom too...mets...pirates...brewers...all gettin good prices...n san Fran is the one I love most

Djstucky

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Under Padres TT, likely will not scratch out more than one run
    I am all over this as well...when it comes out...

KnowingNothing
    KnowingNothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Kershaw struggles on the road but the Padres have a .210 batting average against him. I'd lean overs but it's hard to get a read on Kershaw.