Romanianbornwin
    Romanianbornwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indians to acquire Jimenez from the Rockies

Looks like it's gonna happen.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow, didnt think they would be the ones. Biff gonna be so happy....is he still pitching tonight?

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1969

Romanianbornwin

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    wow, didnt think they would be the ones. Biff gonna be so happy....is he still pitching tonight?
    Jimenez was scratched from his start tonight, Heyman tweets.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Looks like Rogers is starting now.

Romanianbornwin

Pitching change alert for anyone with any bets on the Rockies-Padres game. Don't know who will be pitching in his place as of now tho.

Romanianbornwin

Indians get Jimenez, Rockies get Alex White, Drew Pomeranz and Matt McBride (have only heard of White). What does everyone think of the trade?

BigDan

i think it a great move for Tribe....how long left on Jimenez contract? think a few years?

i also think it sucks balls for tonight as i really liked rox and under

Broken-Ear Glen
    Broken-Ear Glen's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think it a great move for Tribe....how long left on Jimenez contract? think a few years?

i also think it sucks balls for tonight as i really liked rox and under
    I think horrible move for Tribe. Gave up most likely 40% of their staff next year. Pomeranz is a great prospect, Alex White dominated ealier in the year in the bigs and then some. Jimenez looks like a one year wonder but maybe he just needs a better pitching coach...Jimenez won't win them a pennant this year because it's so hard to transition from NL to AL because the hitters are head and shoulders about NL. He's going to struggle mightily IMO. I love Jimenez and root for him every time he goes on the mound but they need a lot more than this to get over the hill.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Broken-Ear Glen View Post
    I think horrible move for Tribe. Gave up most likely 40% of their staff next year. Pomeranz is a great prospect, Alex White dominated ealier in the year in the bigs and then some. Jimenez looks like a one year wonder but maybe he just needs a better pitching coach...Jimenez won't win them a pennant this year because it's so hard to transition from NL to AL because the hitters are head and shoulders about NL. He's going to struggle mightily IMO. I love Jimenez and root for him every time he goes on the mound but they need a lot more than this to get over the hill.

truthfully cant really argue with you as i have no idea about those players tribe gave up. Jimenez has been fantastic on the road this season with a whip under 1 and opp hitting under the mendoza line!! and not like he a pitch to contact guy so i dont see why he cant transition?not like the central is loaded with high powered offenses. plus cle is a relatively pitcher friendly park.
    Last edited by BigDan; 07-30-11 at 07:27 PM.

Broken-Ear Glen
    Broken-Ear Glen's Avatar Become A Pro!

truthfully cant really argue with you as i have no idea about those players tribe gave up. Jimenez has been fantastic on the road this season with a whip under 1 and opp hitting under the mendoza line!! and not like he a pitch to contact guy so i dont see why he cant transition?not like the central is loaded with high powered offenses. plus cle is a relatively pitcher friendly park.
    good points...didn't think about the park. and yeah he doesn't pitch to contact and you're right about the division but it will definitely take some getting to used to with the DH and the hitting being so much better especially from 5-9 instead of the NL where those are 75-80% outs.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I had Padres tonight +120, but I listed my pitcher. No action.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Jimenez is under contract through 2014. i bet he's thrilled to get out of Colorado. Only thing is he's pitched over 600 innings and seems to be getting worse.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Indians should trade Jiza for some bats. That lineup is pure shit. Especially when they depend on a player that can not play more than 30 games @ a time.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Indians should trade Jiza for some bats. That lineup is pure shit. Especially when they depend on a player that can not play more than 30 games @ a time, grady Sizemore.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Indians should trade Jiza for some bats. That lineup is pure shit. Especially when they depend on a player that can not play more than 30 games @ a time.

yea but i like playing their unders

BigDan

MLB so full of shit, yesterday with Willis being scratched yet still playing. today with this shit. Jimenez is fukking pitching right now for Rox!! god they fukkin shit up.

BigDan

looks like his head isnt in the game either so Houli your bet should still be live...go PADS

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Sure is. Jizzamez havin a great 1st inning in my eyes.

I think he is throwing the game so he is not wanted in the trade market.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Padres. Two strikeouts, 2 doubles, 3 walks, and 4 runs

Romanianbornwin

Jimenez is having a nightmare first inning, maybe his mind is not totally focused on the game.

Romanianbornwin

MLB so full of shit, yesterday with Willis being scratched yet still playing. today with this shit. Jimenez is fukking pitching right now for Rox!! god they fukkin shit up.
    Yea. Heyman said he was scratched, but I guess he isn't

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

The umpire is brutal, and Jim Tracy will not pull Jizzamez. Jim Tracy might be the worst manager in the bigs.

Romanianbornwin

Here you go: Jimenez is currently on the mound for the Rockies and pitching against the Padres. That's a pretty clear indication that a trade has not been finalized. Esmil Rogers is currently warming up in the bullpen however, says Renck (on Twitter).

broadway6
    on to the next one

yeah i would give up my top prospects for a guy that is average after a big year. Rox GM is a genious

Romanianbornwin

It appears that the Indians are getting a fourth player, Jon Heyman of SI.com reports (on Twitter).

BigDan

Sure is. Jizzamez havin a great 1st inning in my eyes.

I think he is throwing the game so he is not wanted in the trade market.

he heard it was going to be Cle he was going to and understandably prob a little upset

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Jizzamez has probably been traded. He is hugging all of his teammates heading to the clubhouse.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

wow, if you were on top of this information pads were money. got up to grab a beer and line shifted 50 cents

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

This might be the dumbest trade I have ever seen a team make. (on the Tribes end) Tribe going no where fast, and just gave up on of their top starters of the future and possible prospects. It would be one thing if they were contenders, but it's obvious their not.

broadway6
    on to the next one

he heard it was going to be Cle he was going to and understandably prob a little upset

BigDan

Jizzamez has probably been traded. He is hugging all of his teammates heading to the clubhouse.

yea it appears deal is now done, that is crazy the way that played out. seems to have really worked out for you brother...hopefully pads can hang on, rooting you in seeing how the fuckery insured i had no horse in this race.