stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Charlie Morton just did the impossible tonight.

103 pitches in four innings.
    Got whipped by the Phils like a red headed step child.

103 pitches in 4 innings, I once saw Greg Maddux pitch a 9 inning shut out with 68 pitches.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

called facing a good line-up.... u try it

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    called facing a good line-up.... u try it
    called overrated line up.

Who besides Victorino hits over .300?
    He's .304

Phils are 11th out of 16 in average, 9th out of 16 in the league in home runs.

Phils are first or second in most pitching categories, mediocre at best in offense categories.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

next time he will get to see pence in that same mix.. sucks to be the rest of baseball

Cappinpicks

Utley howard victorino rollins ibanez d-brown pence yeah right few teams have a better line-up whacko

dlunc3

dont forget about chooch... that linup is scary 1-8.. yea they havent had huge years up till now... but cant tell me that any pitcher will be happy to see those threats

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!

of course philly killed Morton, his pitching splits are ghastly and the Phils have a lefty dominated lineup.

they started to three right handed batters and those three went 0-8...

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    Utley howard victorino rollins ibanez d-brown pence yeah right few teams have a better line-up whacko
    Did Pence face Morton tonight?

Boston's line up is scary, Yankee line up is scary, Rangers line up is scary, Phil's line up is pretty good, this weekend with Pence their line up goes from pretty good, to very good, when Polanco comes back to join Pence that line up becomes scary.

But to say the line up they have been using the last three weeks is good, is wrong, they were mediocre.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Howard now a a strikeout buddy with Pence

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Utley is a GOD. I hammered the Phillies to win the series... laid that -350 juice big time. All I gotta do now is watch Lee dominate tomorrow and cash that bet!!!

Thank you Utley for getting things started and making it easy for Roy

dlunc3

a strike out buddy hitting .309... ill take it

Cappinpicks

every team goes through cold spells hitting, thats baseball ur used to basketball

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Utley is a GOD. I hammered the Phillies to win the series... laid that -350 juice big time. All I gotta do now is watch Lee dominate tomorrow and cash that bet!!!

Thank you Utley for getting things started and making it easy for Roy
    Utley is terrific, I love the guy, but he's a still the third best second baseman in the majors behind 1) Pedroia 2) Cano.

Weeks and Phillips right below Utley

J-Ro11
    J-Ro11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    called overrated line up. Who besides Victorino hits over .300? He's .304 Phils are 11th out of 16 in average, 9th out of 16 in the league in home runs. Phils are first or second in most pitching categories, mediocre at best in offense categories.

Mediocre at best ???

I know you know they are 27 games above .500

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by J-Ro11 View Post
    Mediocre at best ???

I know you know they are 27 games above .500
    Without Polanco, with Martinez, the line up was slightly better than average.

Take off your Philly red sunglasses and tell me with a straight face that your line up with Mike Martinez, or Valdez. Dom Brown or Fransisco in it is an elite line up?

Stop it, it's not, tell me with a straight face Rollins is an elite lead off hitter, stop it, he's not, he's a low on base percentage guy with speed, that has not much plate discipline.
    Ibanez doesn't scare anybody. Ibanez is the National Leagues version of Nick Swisher, except one plays left, the other right.

Now, a healthy Phils line up with Hunter Pence in right, Victorino in center, Ibanez in left, Polanco at third, Rollins at short, Utley at second, Howard at first, and Ruiz catching becomes feared, very scary.

You currently are 27 games over because of your starting pitching, not because of the mediocre line up you sent out the last four or five weeks.

The Bad News Bears could be 27 over with a staff of Gibson, Palmer, Seaver and Carlton also.