cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Giants -120 = trap?

A lot of times when a team adds a new really good player the market overreacts until the true impact of that player is known. I think the addition of Carlos Beltran is being overvalued by the market and that's why the Giants are the favorite today.

Lincecum's pitching according to espn.com but he's gonna be coming off of 7 days rest and a bout with the flu, he probably won't be at his best so I think the pitching match-up with Kendrick will probably be a wash.

Considering everything should the 28-26 on the road Giants be favored on the road here against the 38-17 at home Phillies?

St. Louis has a much better offense and they're a slightly better fielding team. Since we can't expect Lincecum to be at his best the pitching should be nearly equal for this game so this line is baffling to me.

Maybe Lincecum has a history of doing well on extra rest? Anyone know?

cleaveland

Accuscore on "pickcenter plus" at espn.com has the Phillies winning this game 55% of the time by an average score of 4.3-3.9 so they agree with me. (I made this thread before I checked btw).

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I never thought such a thing as a trap with baseball due to money line

I would take them

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I never thought such a thing as a trap with baseball due to money line

I would take them
    You know how even the slightest change in most MLB's pitcher's rest period can throw them off and Lincecum is gonna be coming off of 7 days rest and a bout with the flu and that doesn't concern you at all?
    Last edited by cleaveland; 07-28-11 at 10:56 AM.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Kendrick is a bigger concern than Timmy or Beltran.If the Phillies BP can pitch a scoreless 6th 7th 8th & 9th they might have a chance.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

cain beat hamels yesterday and you think lincecum a fav over kendrick is a trap?

is the line too low for you?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

loved cain yesterday, i thought that was a trap in the biggest sense of the word. of course i didn't bet it.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Philly takes this game...they will not lose 2 in a row