LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Josh Johnson the Ace under the radar??

Josh Johnson is probably one of the best unknown pitchers this year.

3-0, 0.88 ERA Johnson has allowed four earned runs and struck out 39 batters over 41 innings in his six starts this season. Only allowing 18 hits on the year in 6 starts is the lowest amount of hits allowed since 1900 with a minimum of 40 games. He has gone deep in his last 4 starts pitching at least 7 innings. He has maintained a WHIP under .75 all year. However this will be his first real test taking on the hitting of the SL Cardinals. They boast the best team hitting avg in the league at .292 and the 3rd best slugging team at .445. The fact that St. Louis is hitting so well is a shock to most mainly because they are doing it without much help from Pujols. Holliday and Berkman have more than picked up the slack for the struggling Pujols which makes them even more of a threat, because Pujols will eventually find his swing.

Jake Westbrook (2-2, 6.53 ERA) ). After being pounded in his first four starts, Westbrook found his command in the last two outings, allowing two runs and eight hits over 12 innings. In two career starts against the Marlins, he is 1-0 with a 2.40 ERA, 13 strikeouts and no walks. FL managed to get the win 5-4 when these 2 pitchers last met on Aug 7th last year. The one reason I like FL in this match up is the almost 2.0 WHIP that westbrook has this year and the fact that Westbrook hasn't pitched more than 6 innings all year.

I like FL in this one as I think good pitching will always beat out good hitting.

4-2 FL!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

That's not important. Don't look @ a pitchers W-L record. Rather you should look @ the teams record when he pitches.

Florida is .500 on the road when he pitches. Work backwards when handicapping. That is where you will gain an edge.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Where do you get under the radar and unknown? This guy is a beast and a well known 2x all star.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Quote Originally Posted by chaz View Post
    where do you get under the radar and unknown? This guy is a beast and a well known 2x all star.

no shit !

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

you always need to make sure you have the right situation for backing johnson on the road, i never will. his team loses more than they win when he takes the hill on the road...recently. he can pitch a perfect game through 26 batters but lose the game. once you understand how that works you will get it. good luck back josh only because he has a zero era.

LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Thanks everyone for the tips. I just wish people would post more stats, tips, etc before I make my plays lol.

Seems like there are a ton of people making plays, but not a lot of info as to why so I thought I would post some of the info I found. Hopefully we can get more of this great capping feedback going.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Josh Johnson is not under the radar... One of the best pitchers out there.
    I had FLORIDA for the First 5 innings and it turned out a winner.

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry, no stats or numbers here,but johnson is not under the radar...however, he is underpriced!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

johnson is not undervalued whatsoever on the road, last two years you are buried betting him on the road. he plays on a team, not in the batting cages one on one. his bullpen sucks. good luck laying road juice.