Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

GL and nice start...
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave Louisvillekid1 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jmathes
    jmathes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

i have been waiting for this line to go down and like where its at. personally feel like playing the under is a square play here since rose is out and the last three between these teams have gone under. in this case the public loves trends and and this line may be a bit deflated. the last 3 game totals have been set at 187, 179.5, and 176(oldest to most recent). thats a 16 point decrease and stats show im on the right side here. either way you put it primetime games are normally pretty sharp but i feel like this game just squeaks over in the last couple minutes. most likely i will have a another play today so please check in as soon as this game ends. good luck!

2. chicago & boston over 171.5

Overall Record 5-1

Chase Record 5-0

jmathes

2. chicago & boston over 171.5 win

another winner just as predicted. crunching the numbers and will have a pick within the half hour

Overall Record 6-1

Chase Record 6-0

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Good shit Math! You are killing it!!
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave jose21_us 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jmathes

the hawks worked their way out of a 3 game funk but im not sold. i really like the heat in this spot here showing off on espn. this is a primetime game tonight and the intensity will be at a playoff level. if the heat could beat the hawks last time without lebron and wade just wait to see what theyre going to do tonight. i see the heat laying 10+ tonight... good luck!

1. nba: miami -3.5

Overall Record 6-1

Chase Record 6-0

jmathes

Quote Originally Posted by jmathes View Post
    the hawks worked their way out of a 3 game funk but im not sold. i really like the heat in this spot here showing off on espn. this is a primetime game tonight and the intensity will be at a playoff level. if the heat could beat the hawks last time without lebron and wade just wait to see what theyre going to do tonight. i see the heat laying 10+ tonight... good luck! 1. nba: miami -3.5 Overall Record 6-1 Chase Record 6-0
    win

nice day yesterday going 2-0 on primetime games which is generally hard to do. im already up 350 points in this thread and feel like im just getting started. ive spent a solid hour or so each day crunching the numbers and its definitely paid off. some leans i have for tonight are milwaukee +6.5 and new orleans +4.

on to my play today which i almost released last night because i had a feeling the line would move and of course it did. this line is a bit tricky and very sharp but i see something i like alot. last year kansas was favored the first time they played at home by 10 and beat kstate by 24. then the second time they played which was in manhattan the jayhawks were favored 6 points. well that second game kstate came out and laid it to them winning by 16. well this year very similar, kansas was favored 9.5 at home and beat them by 18 last month. well oddsmakers set a similar line making kansas a 4 point favorite on the road once again. according to the sagarin ratings kansas has the second toughest schedule in the ncaa and kstate's sos isnt even in the top 50. in the last 4 meetings between kansas has defended the wildcats very well holding them to 34%, 34%, 56%, and 32% (oldest to most recent). obviously the 56% night was when the wildcats won last year but that wont happen again. clearly the jayhawks is the play and get it done tonight in a scrappy Rivalry game.

1. ncaa: kansas -4

Overall Record 7-1

Chase Record 7-0

jmathes

nice day yesterday going 2-0 on primetime games which is generally hard to do. im already up 350 points in this thread and feel like im just getting started. ive spent a solid hour or so each day crunching the numbers and its definitely paid off. some leans i have for tonight are milwaukee +6.5 and new orleans +4.

on to my play today which i almost released last night because i had a feeling the line would move and of course it did. this line is a bit tricky and very sharp but i see something i like alot. last year kansas was favored the first time they played at home by 10 and beat kstate by 24. then the second time they played which was in manhattan the jayhawks were favored 6 points. well that second game kstate came out and laid it to them winning by 16. well this year very similar, kansas was favored 9.5 at home and beat them by 18 last month. well oddsmakers set a similar line making kansas a 4 point favorite on the road once again. according to the sagarin ratings kansas has the second toughest schedule in the ncaa and kstate's sos isnt even in the top 50. in the last 4 meetings between kansas has defended the wildcats very well holding them to 34%, 34%, 56%, and 32% (oldest to most recent). obviously the 56% night was when the wildcats won last year but that wont happen again. clearly the jayhawks is the play and get it done tonight in a scrappy Rivalry game.

1. ncaa: kansas -4 win

Overall Record 7-1

Chase Record 7-0

another winner last night just how i expected it and up 400 points. kansas held them to a stingy 31% from the field and cover the spread. i will be back later with my next play.

Overall Record 8-1

Chase Record 8-0

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Who needs a betting strategy when you can go 8-1?

Call82
    Canīt wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey man, I just stumbled over this thread and I am impressed! I will definately tail you for the upcoming games! Good luck for your quest here!
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave Call82 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

im gonna tail one as well. I got lucky last night and went 9-1. would have been 10-0 but jazz ****** me!! knew that line was funny. It was either Jazz there or OKC so it looks like Jazz at OKC for me tonight. Going against my home town team
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave Gamble32jn 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jmathes

i have literally spent the last 2 hours handicapping todays card and have had a very tough time finding the right play. i feel like there are some pretty sharp lines but like what i found. along with everyone else i am tired of hearing about jeremy lin. 2 weeks ago we were hearing about what a failure the knicks have become since the melo trade. although lin has added a spark to the knicks theyre getting too much respect playing on the road against toronto. the raptors are coming off a big win against the celtics followed by a heartbreaking loss against the lakers. the lines on those games were 4 & 6.5 so why in the hell are the knicks favored 5 on the road? the answer is public perception and a lucky tebowlike hot streak. well the raptors are by no stretch of the imagination a great team, but ill take them and the points tonight.

1. nba: toronto +5

Overall Record 8-1

Chase Record 8-0

Call82

Raptors it is, thanks and good luck!

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Stoudemire is back and Knicks are red hot. Line moving to 5.5 soon. I would rethink this pick!

jmathes

Quote Originally Posted by Call82 View Post
    Hey man, I just stumbled over this thread and I am impressed! I will definately tail you for the upcoming games! Good luck for your quest here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble32jn View Post
    im gonna tail one as well. I got lucky last night and went 9-1. would have been 10-0 but jazz ****** me!! knew that line was funny. It was either Jazz there or OKC so it looks like Jazz at OKC for me tonight. Going against my home town team
    Good luck today guys. Remember one game at at time and stay true to money management

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

keep it up. Good work
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave samgurt 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection

I like the play cuz the public is all over the knicks gl!
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave jose21_us 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Call82

It just keeps getting better here...I know this is not going to last forever but your streak here is just one hell of a run! Keep it going pal!
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave Call82 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jmathes

i have literally spent the last 2 hours handicapping todays card and have had a very tough time finding the right play. i feel like there are some pretty sharp lines but like what i found. along with everyone else i am tired of hearing about jeremy lin. 2 weeks ago we were hearing about what a failure the knicks have become since the melo trade. although lin has added a spark to the knicks theyre getting too much respect playing on the road against toronto. the raptors are coming off a big win against the celtics followed by a heartbreaking loss against the lakers. the lines on those games were 4 & 6.5 so why in the hell are the knicks favored 5 on the road? the answer is public perception and a lucky tebowlike hot streak. well the raptors are by no stretch of the imagination a great team, but ill take them and the points tonight. 1. nba: toronto +5 Overall Record 8-1 Chase Record 8-0
    WIN

another winner last night and really had that one from the start. the raptors dominated the knicks the entire game until the 4th quarter allowing the knicks to go on a crazy 13-1 run to end the game. im really happy for jeremy lin and even happier that i came away with the win. starting to crunch the numbers and will be back later with my pick

Overall Record 9-1

Chase Record 9-0

jmathes

I dug pretty deap for this play today and I really do like it. The Temple Owls are a team overlooked year after year and have made it to the NCAA tourney the past 4 years. They are primed to win another Atlantic 10 Conference Title and are just on the brink of being a top 25 team. They face off tonight in what will be a tough road conference game against St. Bonaventure. Temple has owned them in the last 3 meetings winning by an average margin of 18 points. Coincidentally they won by 18 points every time making the math pretty damn easy. After losing in the second round of the NCAA tourney last year against St. Louis this Temple team brings back their choir starting lineup composed of mostly seniors. Experience is a big factor in this teams success so look for them to make a deep run in the NCAA tourney come March. This year Temple already has beaten a tough Duke team and has faired well against top 25 teams going 3-1. Look for the Owls to squeak out another hard fought victory on the road tonight.

1. ncaa: temple -1.5

Overall Record 9-1

Chase Record 9-0

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Nice to see I'm on your side tonight! GL!
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave DerekMadden 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thaman79
    thaman79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

I'm on them as well. The Bonnies have played well at home. But I feel Temple has the edge with all their seniors and that's why I'm taking them. GL to all.
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave thaman79 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection

I got them at -2. Should still be a solid play gl!
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave jose21_us 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gmoney45
    gmoney45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4369

Nice work. I remember you got on a really nice run in the NBA a couple years ago.
    Points Awarded:

jmathes gave gmoney45 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jmathes

I dug pretty deap for this play today and I really do like it. The Temple Owls are a team overlooked year after year and have made it to the NCAA tourney the past 4 years. They are primed to win another Atlantic 10 Conference Title and are just on the brink of being a top 25 team. They face off tonight in what will be a tough road conference game against St. Bonaventure. Temple has owned them in the last 3 meetings winning by an average margin of 18 points. Coincidentally they won by 18 points every time making the math pretty damn easy. After losing in the second round of the NCAA tourney last year against St. Louis this Temple team brings back their choir starting lineup composed of mostly seniors. Experience is a big factor in this teams success so look for them to make a deep run in the NCAA tourney come March. This year Temple already has beaten a tough Duke team and has faired well against top 25 teams going 3-1. Look for the Owls to squeak out another hard fought victory on the road tonight. 1. ncaa: temple -1.5 Overall Record 9-1 Chase Record 9-0
    WIN

scooping up another victory last night and already up 500 points from this thread in less than 2 weeks. im starting to put the numbers together and should be back with a pick in a couple hours.

Overall Record 10-1

Chase Record 10-0

smoke a bowl

Nice run.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Great start but still a bad idea.

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Great start but still a bad idea.

jmathes

not much of a writeup today. its just as strong as everyother play i just cant explain in depth why i chose this nor do i want to. i can say that the last time these teams played each other they shot 8 percentage points below their averages and only went under the projected total by 6 points. well la monroe doesnt play defense well allowing an average field goal percentage to 45% which is pretty high. the pace, offensive efficiency, and offensive percentages have increased lately so lets hope that continues tonight. this is purely a pick from a spreadsheet and feel like this game hits at a total of 150. i dont do totals much but if i see something thats worthwhile i will make it a play. north texas will jump out on an early lead causing a sloppy fast tempo during the second half. look for both teams to shoot at a combined field goal percentage of 85% or better and go over. good luck tonight!

1. ncaa: la monroe & north texas over 137

Overall Record 10-1

Chase Record 10-0

jmathes

not much of a writeup today. its just as strong as everyother play i just cant explain in depth why i chose this nor do i want to. i can say that the last time these teams played each other they shot 8 percentage points below their averages and only went under the projected total by 6 points. well la monroe doesnt play defense well allowing an average field goal percentage to 45% which is pretty high. the pace, offensive efficiency, and offensive percentages have increased lately so lets hope that continues tonight. this is purely a pick from a spreadsheet and feel like this game hits at a total of 150. i dont do totals much but if i see something thats worthwhile i will make it a play. north texas will jump out on an early lead causing a sloppy fast tempo during the second half. look for both teams to shoot at a combined field goal percentage of 85% or better and go over. good luck tonight! 1. ncaa: la monroe & north texas over 137 Overall Record 10-1 Chase Record 10-0
    PUSH

tough push last night with la monroe only shooting 30% from the field. i will be back in a couple hours with tonight's play. i have looked over some stats and really like one play in particular.

Overall Record 10-1-1

Chase Record 10-0

Call82

Good luck for tonight, looking forward to your selection!

jmathes

this will be a play regardless if ellis plays or not. good luck today! i also had a hard lean towards miami -9. to win 3 road games in 3 days all by double digits is definitely a statement.

1. nba: golden state & oklahoma city over 207

Overall Record 10-1-1

Chase Record 10-0

jmathes

this will be a play regardless if ellis plays or not. good luck today! i also had a hard lean towards miami -9. to win 3 road games in 3 days all by double digits is definitely a statement.

1. nba: golden state & oklahoma city over 207

Overall Record 10-1-1

Chase Record 10-0
    LOSS

golden state shot just over 30% from the field last which isnt gonna get the job done. today i will have 2-3 games on my card so check back. looking over the numbers now and will be back within the hour

Overall Record 10-2-1

Chase Record 10-0

jmathes

i will have a play after the conclusion of this game so please stay tuned.

2. ncaa: nc state -1.5

Overall Record 10-2-1

Chase Record 10-0
    Last edited by jmathes; 02-18-12 at 01:43 PM.

jmathes

i will have a play after the conclusion of this game so please stay tuned.

2. ncaa: nc state -1.5

Overall Record 10-2-1

Chase Record 10-0
    LOSS

terrible loss with nc state getting manhandled at home. on to my 3rd pick in the progression

3. nba: san antonio +3

Overall Record 10-3-1

Chase Record 10-0

jmathes

3. nba: san antonio +3 win

picked up another win and 50 more points. looked over the remaining card and didnt like anything else for today. i will be back tomorrow with my next play

Overall Record 11-3-1

Chase Record 11-0

First 12345 ... Last